The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

And what's more we made a minor diversion and had a few servings each of Apfelwahe (apple tart) with some liquid refreshment out in Rödersdorf.

IMG_4785.jpeg.d77b9541b62e8eefb3f7fd35f07ef38d.jpeg

Just saying!

Was that to help Jamie recover from his Eccles Cake deprivation syndrome?

Dave

• Like 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Yep!  

Another fantastic cake laden tour from CCI GmbH's "Swiss Eats" tours.

And what's more we made a minor diversion and had a few servings each of Apfelwahe (apple tart) with some liquid refreshment out in Rödersdorf.

Just saying!

Is Jamie scoffin' all three slices??

• Like 6
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Sent a few blueys in my time.

For the Bear,

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale? 

(Twelfth Night, )

Before I exit,  pursued by a Bear. ( The Winters Tale)

Afternoon Awl,

Did more computer updating,

Did more consideration of unmentionables, some decisions of build, have been made, but not on solving the lack of space..

Not a lot else, 

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

Fashion Show at Bear Towers this morning....ratheralottashirts are earmarked for the Charity Warehouse.......

G & L Meters also read and submitted.  Tick.

The lesser-spotted Amazon Courier has just delivered Bear's new Dijjy Scales to Bear Towers...the usual ring & scarper tactics were employed - with no attempt whatsoever to hide the parcel out of sight (within reason - buried in a hedge would be less than impressive....); I feel a Snottogram to Amazon M.D. approaching.....

And the result?  It seems Bear has put on 3Kg - or perhaps not.....

Turdycurses.

Right, Sh*d to tidy.  

Apparently Wubbleyuu Bee @Winslow Boy doesn't have to worry about such tasks, for some reason.

BG

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

That's just the first round for each of us. 
"Swiss Eats" tours are always "ad libitum"

@jamie92208 is on the Bier und Küche all day tour!

Is this the same iD that was saying just a little earlier:

"I would be happy to, but I won't be doing much cooking for the next few months as....

......I'm still on a low carb diet........"

Seems Beary's Pizza Challenge was a little beyond iD's abilities after all.....😁

Of course you could always revert to one of these...

image.png.b30bce32e0acab132b3817b836b6dd21.png

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

10 minutes ago, polybear said:

Seems Beary's Pizza Challenge was a little beyond iD's abilities after all.....😁

B******s, Bear, B*****s.

You just can't stand the wait for me to get the new kitchen up and running,

Culinarily I'll wipe the floor with you, each and every time.., 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold

Aditi has gone over to see her Mum today. I have been left at home.I hadn’t planned on doing anything but Adit  did ask if intended to finish restoring our en suite bathroom. We had a ventilation failure that had caused some mould  to appear. I fixed the fan and Aditi did most of the mould treatment. A small area of ceiling needed some stuff called stain cover to be applied. It’s an aerosol and has a really smelly propellant. So,I did that and also cleaned some grout Aditi hadn’t been able to reach. All that is left to do now is fit replacement downlights. The old ones are rather tarnished, collecting new ones from Screwfix tomorrow. At least I won’t have to go in the loft as they can be extracted by pulling them out of the ceiling. 
Tony

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl,

I see Flavio is bear-baiting again... though reading the recent posts does suggest the D word is not just being ignored but bound, gagged and locked firmly in the basement air raid shelter. 

The F1 race was better than some we've had. If I can quote from the coverage: 

And soon Verstappen began to complain about his car over the radio.

(F1 fans will know that's not a spoiler!) 😇 

I too fear I have been unwittingly sowing the stone seeds in the garden. There's a lot of them! I added to them earlier, I had an appointment with a neighbour to build a wall, why I had to leave ERs early this am. I'm not up to humping blocks and quantities of bricks about these days but am still OK as a mason. Someone else did the heavy work and I did the wet trade stuff. Lower half installed and left to set. Fingers crossed. 

A few emails sent. The sunshine enjoyed. Pizza made for lunch. Culinary comments to follow.

Time to go and deal with some unmentionables...

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. A bit grey this afternoon but dry. I've been looking up the Blue Pullman trips, I didn't realise there were so many of them. Its one thing definitely on my bucket list. I'm going to watch 'Nightsleeper' tonight (BBC1 9pm, second episode tomorrow same time). I hope it's a good'n without any howlers re. railway operations.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

B******s, Bear, B*****s.

You just can't stand the wait for me to get the new kitchen up and running,

Culinarily I'll wipe the floor with you, each and every time.., 

Temper Temper.....🤣

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Yep!  

Another fantastic cake laden tour from CCI GmbH's "Swiss Eats" tours.

Just saying!

Away with your fancy forrin apple tarts.  Give me a chunk of apple pie anytime.

ApplePie-Luss.JPG.b566c04dd70dfa335e343617d20d379e.JPG

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

It seems that Bear's ISP Contact expires in January....I'll be contacting them tomorrow to see what I can jump to (staying with the same ISP) before that - perhaps with a view to dumping the landline I have with them in the process.  It seems a Certain Bunny has pinged me a p.m. on the subject that needs reading....

I'm also looking at my current mobile contract (SIM only, monthly contract) - I'm very pleased with it but for some reason I got clobbered ££ whilst in Poland, despite it supposedly being on the same charging cost as the UK.  I need to talk to them in the morning to understand what went wrong....

ION....

I see the Boss of The Big House *appears* to be involved in a bit of B & C from a Supporter; defenders of his cause say things like:

"The truth is that successive prime ministers, unless you’re a billionaire like the last one, do rely on pollytikal donations so they can look their best both in the hope of representing the country, if you’re in the opposition, or as prime ministers."

Bear's heart bleeds purple p1ss.....have they not heard of Primark??

That could be a Rant, by the way....

And Finally....

It looks like "Muddlin' Room, the sorting of" may have been delayed until tomorrow.  Oops.

BG

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I went to church as usual, things I had to do got done.  It will be a few more weeks before the churchwarden who has had his knee replaced is back to normal, he is on what might be called "light duties" for now.  The service was taken by a retired bishop who preached an interesting and thought provoking sermon - and no I am not going into details here.

Back home I finished the e mails to friends as usual on a Sunday, had lunch and later decided to some tidying up of model making tools.  It took quite a long time but it was successful - I have found a set of jewellers screwdrivers I had misplaced.  They are only inexpensive ones but they have proved useful in the past when dealing with screws with unusual or worn heads.  I think I bought them off a market stall years ago so they are not modern cheap ones made out of bendy metal.

The next job is to go through the drawers under my computer bench - goodness knows what I will find.

The plants in the greenhouse and tubs have been fed - there won't be many more feeds for them after today, the plants are really slowing down now.

I  watched the second half of the Grand Prix after lunch, now it is Wolves v Newcastle.

In other words a pleasant day.  I do know what I will NOT be watching this evening.

David

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

We wandered down to Laxey prom for lunch (brie and cranberry panini) as it was still mizzling here - Laxey was dry.  Sods law being what it is, when we got home it was sunny!  

Spent the afternoon re-arranging the garage so I can get space to work on what appears to be the bike from the bog, the heap of components that will slowly assemble to make my winter ride are, er, rather dilapidated. This isn't to be a restoration, just re-assembly in a manner fit to be ridden safely and not look too bad, and not be bothered when it gets minging as the roads here get very muddy in winter - because farms. 

So one part (inner back mudguard) fitted to the frame, my MO as you may recall is to try to fit at least one part of whatever job I'm on (models or bikes) each time I go to the garage to work.  Another two hours spent cleaning brake components, as they are rather important.  One ready to paint.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BoD said:

Away with your fancy forrin apple tarts.  Give me a chunk of apple pie anytime.

ApplePie-Luss.JPG.b566c04dd70dfa335e343617d20d379e.JPG

Polish offerings - each a tad under a fiver IIRC; nos.  2 & 3 are Apple:

IMG_1677.JPG.6624f2bc87309f0b79369dd93fd1ebf1.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG.3773126ae53d37e77a9c78112fb43641.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG.614474aecd64b6ce49fe0978df23840d.JPG

This one would be about three quid at a guess:

IMG_1458.JPG.3e5a599e7c8ada9fae19ec158ca0554b.JPG

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear here....

Fashion Show at Bear Towers this morning....ratheralottashirts are earmarked for the Charity Warehouse.......

G & L Meters also read and submitted.  Tick.

The lesser-spotted Amazon Courier has just delivered Bear's new Dijjy Scales to Bear Towers...the usual ring & scarper tactics were employed - with no attempt whatsoever to hide the parcel out of sight (within reason - buried in a hedge would be less than impressive....); I feel a Snottogram to Amazon M.D. approaching.....

And the result?  It seems Bear has put on 3Kg - or perhaps not.....

Turdycurses.

Right, Sh*d to tidy.  

Apparently Wubbleyuu Bee @Winslow Boy doesn't have to worry about such tasks, for some reason.

BG

Now just where did I put that list. Arh there it is next to the quills and the inkpot.

• Like 3
  • Funny 6

6 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Mine are builders rubble from when the house was built in the 1960s

There's some hard engineering bricks in there - haven't chucked any yet apart from rubble, looking to keep them for possible reuse.

Never chuck old bricks away especially those that match the ones the house is made of, as you never know when one might be required. Can't tell you the number of houses I've seen where mismatched bricks have been used to fill in round gas vents, soil pipes, window frames etc.

• Like 8
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

. I'm going to watch 'Nightsleeper' tonight (BBC1 9pm, second episode tomorrow same time). I hope it's a good'n without any howlers re. railway operations.

I fear you will be disappointed. 

Seemingly glaring plot line error just from the trailer. 

Andy

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

10 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

The heat of the wasabi and the almonds is a perfect combination.

Long available from Blue Diamond (California grown) for many years. I remember them being just wasabi. Now wasabi and soy apparently.

image.png.8559c5b22c19f0927bd6332f7988a868.png

These are from their "bold" range which also includes Habanero, Sriracha, Sweet Thai Chili, etc.

They have 'stupid hot' ones too - Ghost Pepper and Carolina Reaper in their Xtremes range.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

12 minutes ago, SM42 said:

I fear you will be disappointed. 

Seemingly glaring plot line error just from the trailer. 

Andy

Yes there showing a train being driven without a driver. What was the reason we paid those train drivers 80 K again.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2