The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

5 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

I'm sorry but can anyone explain why  the US election is  on a knife edge? 

I presume that question was rhetorical. 

Shall we talk about how many Britons believed lies about a not so recent now referendum? Much in common if you ask me.

Much more alike than different from my perspective.

Just be glad you live in a lucky country. It's not immune either, but fortunately people are happy to distract themselves with a sausage sizzle at Bunnings or a trip to the beach.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I presume that question was rhetorical. 

Shall we talk about how many Britons believed lies about a not so recent now referendum? Much in common if you ask me.

I’ve absolutely no idea what lies were told as I didn’t read or listen to any of it with any conviction; all I know was I’d had a skinful of being told what to do by the EU.  I very much suspect that many others adopted a similar approach.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

7 hours ago, polybear said:

Did someone mention Hunny??

🐻🥳

Well Bear will be pleased that the Bee man was delighted with what we had to offer and will be taking up residence. He has just got to inform the bees. We were also delighted to learn that they are very docile, which seems to be unique to our part of Manutopea.

Has Bear seen how many calories are in honey?

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Wonder if getting students to write in Geordie for their assessments would get over the misuse of AI?

Is there not a Generative AI capability to write in Geordie, Scouser, whatever already?

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Has Bear seen how many calories are in honey?

Bear’s CF’s** just got very, very soggy….😢

(**Not that I’ve had any lately….😭)

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

I too am working on something involving bees. Unfortunately it is tied up with something involving those objects running along parallel strips of metal. I am rather in danger from the awl today as I have had a day off, the first one in a little while and spent much of it muddlin and handling such items. In various scales. Some success has been had at clearing some space and two batches of goodies were despatched to their new owners. In a slight irony, one was of T gauge items and one was G gauge.... 

This afternoon a visit was had to a local venue involving more of those objects, those which emit H2O in gaseous form. However, I did take an interest and frames of other matters too - including this one of the robin which greeted me on arrival. 

Robinfronthedge.jpg.7da3012c6e2eb46830dd4cc298bff394.jpg

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Just heard the RAF Typhoon performing its final display at this year's Bournemouth Air Festival. I couldn't see anything, but it was REALLY loud. Possibly the sound was amplified by the sea, the very low clouds and the dusk air. Could almost feel it ripping through the air.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, BoD said:

Don’t forget that you will need a  ‘Divvent dunsh us’ sticker for your caravan. 

Courtesy of Google Gemini (aka Bard):
image.png.3b60ca6b1ec882b415f9e3bc978a8b67.png

There are "old school" search responses with the same answer but the AI Gemini version is now presented first.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Courtesy of Google Gemini (aka Bard):

It may well be able to tell you the meaning, but can it say it out loud - correctly?

• Like 9
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, BoD said:

It may well be able to tell you the meaning, but can it say it out loud - correctly?

Gemini does not support audio output, today.

You won't be satisfied with Speechify - at least the free version. It doesn't have a Geordie persona. 

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This is sad:

CNN: Wells Fargo employee found dead at her desk days after she last clocked into work, authorities say

Denise Prudhomme, 60, worked at a Wells Fargo location in Tempe and had scanned into the building at 7 a.m. on [Friday] August 16. There were no further scans from her either into or out of the building, the police department told CNN in a statement.

On [Tuesday] August 20, security on site reported finding an employee possibly dead in a cubicle on the building’s third floor, authorities said. Prudhomme was pronounced dead at 4:55 p.m., according to Tempe police.

With the current culture of of hybrid / work from home office work, this does not surprise me - though in my experience, most offices still have onsite security that does a walk through every day - usually in the evening.

Having one employee report to work at the office on a Friday (solo in a workplace floor/wing)  while everyone else is working-from-home is not unusual. That it took until Tuesday (when presumably some hybrid employees showed up at the office) to discover her is not a surprise.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Not much cooler this evening, in fact it's a degree warmer. The thingummy at the bottom of the screen says 18C., it was only 17C. this afternoon. There is no sign of the promised rain, thunder and lightning that we were supposed to have today.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Like yesterday, I’ve not done a lot today. Movement and sitting down are getting easier now, it’s getting up from the sofa that’s the most difficult task, but even that’s getting easier now. 

Vickie and Mike called round this morning, Mike had got us a few items of shopping, Vickie just called to see how I was doing, as she and all the family have only just returned from Lanzarote. 

I’m currently on antibiotics, so as a precaution, I’m abstaining from alcohol until next weekend, so tonight we had a bottle of Zero alcohol rosé, which was very nice. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 10

3 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Just be glad you live in a lucky country. It's not immune either, but fortunately people are happy to distract themselves with a sausage sizzle at Bunnings or a trip to the beach.

Could you imagine 10,000 Australians turn up to hear a polly speak? Even if it was at a beach, with a sausage sizzle!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 4
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight everyone 

• Thanks 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

Could you imagine 10,000 Australians turn up to hear a polly speak? Even if it was at a beach, with a sausage sizzle!

Erm two chances..

1 no chance

2 even less of a chance

Unless it involves free drinks as well as the sausage sizzle ( but I understand that isn't allowed in Oz...

Baz

• Like 12