The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

EXPLODING SEATS

Every single last one of my 3D resin printed "executive seats" had exploded in the box containing all the interior details for the "executive helicopter", ruining most of them.. 

One has to ask - why?

We need an expert - over to you, Chimpy....

@polybear had a good suggestion about having a satin as opposed to a high gloss finish.

Look Puppers - iD says Bear had a good suggestion 😁

In honour of this good suggestion from the bear, I will have a small row of little white polar bears painted underneath the  copilot/gunner's window. 

Aw, you had to go and spoil it, didn't you?  Just when you were doing so well.....😢

ION.....

Bear STILL has some Wnaker's car blocking the drive 🤬🤬; he told The Plod he'd be shifting it within an hour....that was 2,25 hours ago....

Getting it towed is looking more and more attractive every minute....

BG

Edited by polybear
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Wotcha All…

Mrs Grizz very kindly bought me an early birthday present. 

A G gauge diesel loco…..please look away if you can’t stand ‘Muddling’….

This is my second DB Class 218. 

IMG_6615.jpeg.e3c9110540bb812b27fcaafd792c1f4d.jpeg

IMG_6614.jpeg.d09f42ffc741735a463d46909ff0772a.jpeg

Today I’ve mostly been drinking Harvey’s….with Meths chasers…. 

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Wotcha All…

A G gauge diesel loco…..please look away if you can’t stand ‘Muddling’….

This is my second DB Class 218. 

IMG_6614.jpeg.d09f42ffc741735a463d46909ff0772a.jpeg

Today I’ve mostly been drinking Harvey’s….with Meths chasers…. 

Very nice

• Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Barry O said:

everyone is now complaining about how cold August is...

Not here. Forecast for the week is warmer than seasonal "normal" but not extreme. Highs between 30°C and 35°C for the week ahead.  It will be dry.

So long as the prevailing winds keep the wildfire smoke on the other side of the mountains it will be manageable.

It's another really bad fire season - the new normal.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Birthday greetings to DaveF.

A pleasant day weatherwise, not too hot, unlike some recently.  Domestic tasks done and some books listed on the Bay.  Time to start dinner, spring rolls and stir-fry veg & noodles.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hroth said:

I'm also convinced that a security bloke grabbed the Orange one by the ear as the doddery old buffer stood about wondering what the heck was going on, causing a minor abrasion, somewhat similar to a papercut ...

The FBI confirmed that it was a bullet that struck the candidate's ear rather than shrapnel from a teleprompter as some suggested. I saw far more replays of the incident to think the injury (there was a lot of blood) was caused by hitting his head on the podium or the floor.

Also the AP (and Reuters) reported that a photograph being circulated of the ticket (including the VP candidate) purportedly showing an undamaged ear was from 2022.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday @DaveF

Dark overcast sort of day and too windy to do the W word. Just as well as the garden waste bin is already full of choppings and diggings and pullings and tuggings....<<Didn't I do well!!!!>> Collection day tomorrow.

Lazy day, today, with more than usual TOTF🎶 sessions trying to polish things up so that I can move onto other bits and pieces. 

ION. I am still following the Icelandic volcano Live 4k video. Berm building seems to have been completed in the area near Grindavik so all is quiet as regards the earth moving machines but baby fulmar is growing bigger and feeding off its parents, and still cute. Some are suggesting there maybe volcanic activity of some sort in the area in the next few days...

Time to sort out something for dinner.

Take care. Be good. Be patient.

Polly

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, polybear said:

Is there any record of the Orange One showing any sympathy towards those killed or injured? 

He started at least one* of his rallies with a "moment of silence" for the firefighter who died covering up his family members. "Silence" is not one of his strong points.

* Probably more. I'm not slavishly following the news of the candidacy right now.

That the late firefighter had time to respond to try to protect family members suggests that his fatal bullet was not one of the earliest of the eight rounds fired by the assailant. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

One last post on the attempted assassination of the Presidential candidate.

There will be an independent report. It is not done. Politicians on the "hill" are having hearings. 

CNN: Takeaways from the Senate hearing on the Trump assassination attempt and Secret Service failure

There was no centralized "command and control" of communications between the Secret Service detail and local police providing security beyond the 'close in' security by the Secret Service detail. The Secret Service detail did not hear any chatter about a shooter on a roof - which was in the 'protective zone' of local police.

Which all goes to demonstrate that when a sitting President has a foreign visit the US Secret Service "takes over" - as some here have criticized. It is necessary.

One can imagine issues with locals providing security support in a different language or even vocabulary.

Local: The suspect is in a white lorry, over.

USSS: Say again over.

Local: The suspect is a a white lorry, over.

USSS: Interrogatory: The suspect is in a lolly? over.

Local: Negative. Lima, Oscar Romeo Romeo Yankee over.

USSS: Interrogatory: What is "LORRY"? over.

etc 

Exaggerated for effect.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Not according to the FBI - "a bullet or a bullet fragment".

Well I wonder how much pressure they were under to say that to preserve his ability to say

' look at me the hero ' for his followers . And as for Dr Johnson , ooops sorry Jackson , no comment

as he will do as he's told too . A lot of people would like to see a proper hospital report , but I expect

that would be hushed up .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Well I wonder how much pressure they were under to say that to preserve his ability to say ' look at me the hero ' for his followers .

As mentioned. I saw the video replay far more than I needed. What I saw is consistent with the 'official' story. (Occam's Razor is my guide. I don't need 'alternative' theories.)

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

But this just shows how loyal his base is . 

That group is particularly capable of cognitive dissonance. But likely no more so than the diehards of any group of people who are dedicated to a particular colour of lapel ribbon.

Pure primate tribalism.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, southern42 said:

Berm building seems to have been completed in the area near Grindavik s

All the road signs to Grindavik now have a red line through the towns name. People have been allowed back to remove stuff from their houses but everyone will be rehomed. 

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Grizz said:

Wotcha All…

She's softening you up....she's after a new Field Ornament.....

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

9 minutes ago, PupCam said:

A quick check with a few neighbours (to check all of the phases) revealed it was only us. 

... A chap in a van turned up after ~45 minutes, did some checks with a non-contact Checking Stick and said that’s not good and told us he would go off and get us a temporary generator ...

That sounds very unusual. Hope you have power soon.

Curious to know how you had that localized a failure. Is there a transformer serving only your household? Is the supply underground or above ground?

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear here.....

Well wonder of wonders....the Wnaker appeared around half six or so; a twenty-something at a guess, all very apologetic n' that.  He reckons it was dark when he parked there and didn't realise he was across Bear's drive.  Wottaloadabollox.

He got one of Bear's medium stare modes - I told him I've no problem parking out front (if he's taxed & insured he has every right), just don't go parking across the drive in case I need to get out.  I think he got the message.

ION.....

Harry the Honda behaving nicely, with a fully charged battery for good measure; he's now all covered up again, hoping that someone will come along with a wedge of Deltics for Bear.

I also got some sorting of muddlin' stuff done - much more to do though.....

And finally.....

Birthday Cake Round Two hasn't materialised as yet.  Poo. 

BG

No cake due to H-the-Hs throaty roar...

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1