The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

18 bii always has priority, if a boat can't manoeuver, it can't manoeuver, the yacht can easily drop a couple of degrees or tack to go round the stern. Vessels restricted to using traffic zones also have priority over vessels crossing that zone . As on the broads, if I'm rowing across the river, in theory all vessels travelling along by the river have priority. The exception is the chain ferry....

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

Weeks are worked out around bin day here, that is a Wednesday, if the council change it, this village could descend into chaos and anarchy. The rest are dry days or wet days with the odd food shopping day. Punctuated grass cutting days.

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Weeks are worked out around bin day here, that is a Wednesday, if the council change it, this village could descend into chaos and anarchy. The rest are dry days or wet days with the odd food shopping day. Punctuated grass cutting days.

For us Sunday is market day with coffee  and meeting friends at the cafe.  Plus the bonus of a cake from Celine to eat later in the day. It's also te day when no one in the village uses power tools outdoors. 

Jamie

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Then what?

Monday again, until its Friday and then its the weekend!

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

Round here Tuesday is rubbish (green bin) and recycling (blue bin) days on alternate weeks, Wednesdays once a fortnight are the brown garden bins.  Monday is my cleaner's day, Tuesday is also grocery delivery day.  Then Thursdays and Sundays are church, so it is not too difficult to know which day it is, as long as I can remember the previous day.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Today I have kept quite busy.  Amanda came and cleaned at the correct time so the house looks good again.

Once she had gone I went into town and opened an account with a bank which is keeping its branches open, when I got there there were two people in front of me, both asking about opening accounts, while I was there several more came in to do the same.  I now have new current and savings accounts, once the cards etc come in the post I can transfer some money and start using the accounts.  Then if I get a problem I can simply go into the branch to sort it out.  I took documents to prove my identity but didn't need them, the checks were all done automatically online.

Then I went and bought some Covid tests and the tubular bandages and applicator I need for my sore toe.

After lunch I had a phone conversation with the author who would like to use some of my photos.  I have agreed to send him some but I am not sure that I have what he really wants.  I need to find ones that are not already in books or online.  In theory there are lots to choose from but.....

The next job is to water the greenhouse plants and see if the tubs need water - they probably will as there wasn't a lot of rain earlier.  After that I may just read.

David

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Bear here....

A good lunch was had down the pub with two muddle engineering buddies + one daughter; there is a possibility that Bear's D-word may have gone to rat sh1t as a result.  Oops.....

Here we have Exhibit One - Buddy's Daughter went for the "Toad in the Hole" option:

image.png.3b9d189549d74aec653d9deae079d015.png

- and no, it didn't beat her.  Serious respect - Beary Gold Star awarded.

(edit:  Twelve quid, by the way)

Bear's Exhibit (Veggie Burger, Fries & Coleslaw) was somewhat more modest; I was the only one up to the task of tackling a Banoffee Sundae, however.....

BG

Edited by polybear
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear here....

A good lunch was had down the pub with two muddle engineering buddies + one daughter; there is a possibility that Bear's D-word may have gone to rat sh1t as a result.  Oops.....

Here we have Exhibit One - Buddy's Daughter went for the "Toad in the Hole" option:

image.png.3b9d189549d74aec653d9deae079d015.png

- and no, it didn't beat her.  Serious respect - Beary Gold Star awarded.

Bear's Exhibit (Veggie Burger, Fries & Coleslaw) was somewhat more modest; I was the only one up to the task of tackling a Banoffee Sundae, however.....

BG

How many toads were there in the hole?

• Like 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

In the journal article it stated that regular weight training

I think lifting tins of baked beans is a recommended exercise…

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Not long got back from Tess Coes, re-stocked with the Nakd fruit and nut bars but a bit miffed as my favourite oat milk was sold out. I'm trying out their own brand but that is sweetened. A few things to get on with, be back later.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Monday, still morning, just!

Weekend consisted of a slow Friday evening relaxing

Saturday, off to the Carole King musical at one of the local theatres, excellent show and the food was good too, was a lunch/show location. The production was amazing and brought back a LOT of memories as the show tracks her life of music, from early first pieces performed by '60s groups/singers through her personal recordings.

Here's the attendees, left to right, Meagans' mum Shirley, Julie, Meagan, Trevor and me. They had a setup for theatre goers to take pictures, and Meagan can't resist those!!

20240720-CaroleKingMusical.jpg.3c1233d33a89d69638b4a2ccfeb1965b.jpg

Sunday, relaxing some, a few chores, then some time wasted following the news/Biden departure from the presidential race and to cap the weekend, ears lowered!

Weather all weekend was very pleasant, though we did get overnight thunder storms/showers both nights.

Today, very nice, sunny and 18c first thing, heading for 28c with some rain forecast for the evening/night.

Carry on.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Coombe Barton said:

Thought it was all Saturdays?

No No

The first sign of a newbie retiree.  Doesn't understand the days of the week

Saturday is a busy day of the week, where you rest from work but still have domestic chores to complete - at least until sport starts in the afternoon.

No work = no Saturday.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Spent yesterday recovering from the wedding week... 

Watched some cricket.. interesting to see someone who can't get into his County team spin England to victory! Well done young man!

I am donating yet more alcohol  blood later today as part of my annual checkup..pah!

Not a lot more to do on my slopc hit so TTFN.

Baz

We could donate alcohol infused blood but not so much today.

Did finish on a large glass of Leffe Blonde though.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Coombe Barton said:

... first it was write a ‘to do’ list. The first item on it was, of course, write a ‘to do’ list. ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2024/07/22/covid-governance-flaws-university-finances-caravan-rebugging-aka-installing-security/

Hopefully that didn't result in an infinite loop of writing "to do" lists!!! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

10 hours ago, polybear said:

Harry has decided to be awkward....🤬 - fuel starvation on the two r/h carbies.  B1tch.

Hmmmm sounds expensive. Tell ya what,  £1500 to take it off your hands.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Plus p&p

• Like 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Tell you what, I’ll do you a big favour and swap it for a fuel guzzlin’ V8 UTE…..

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11