The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear's watching sorry, sleeping thru' most of the huge waste of money currently taking place in Northamptonshire.  Now if all the money spent (car costs, salaries, entry fees, hotel bills,

hot dogs - literally EVERYTHING) went instead to Cancer Research.....

Is that a Rant?

Well at least that obnoxious little Big Tw@t didn't win.......

In fact it contributes millions of pounds to the British economy. Most of the teams are British based and employ a few thousand (mostly highly paid) people. The spectators spend millions on hotels and ticket sales receipts are also in the £millions.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I purchased my birthday presents, from me, too me. Not items that run on two strips of metal but too close to mention here. I arrived home and had lunch just before the GP started. Unlike most GP's it was quite interesting, not the usual parade with the one at the front declared the winner.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, polybear said:

... Well at least that obnoxious little Big Tw@t didn't win.......

Sorry, you're going to have to narrow that down a smidgen... 😉

Seriously, I can think of several drivers who'd fit that description - including the one who won it. And that's based on informed knowledge, including from members of pitcrew/engineering team. I know many members of RMW have their favourites and have those they love to hate. As I will not discuss what was said in confidence it can make posting thoughts on F1 difficult, so I tend not to comment on particular drivers/teams. But from my (admittedly limited) knowledge of sports/TV stars, a difference between a public persona and the 'real' character is the norm rather than the exception. And we're talking big differences - as in il D being 'papped' scoffing battery eggs, CFs and Co-Op LDC at a Maccy Ds... 

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 9

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, The White Rabbit said:

And we're talking big differences - as in il D being 'papped' scoffing battery eggs, CFs and Co-Op LDC at a Maccy Ds... 

I know of A Bear that would pay very good money for the negatives......

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Yahoo! Ahem... I'll say that again... Yahoo! 

The reason for such enthusiasm is ... I finally fixed that issue with Paint Shop Pro that's been bugging me for weeks. For some weird reason, accessing the programme via the desktop shortcut only displayed some options. When I went in via the menu, I had a full range of options. One of which enabled me to tell the system a rectangle should be a (******-ing) rectangle, not a curved picture frame... still no idea why it changed itself but at least I know now what to keep an eye on.

This morning's G-word was cut short by a rainstorm, it started out from a clear blue sky - rather a neat trick? - and carried on for ten minutes until the evidence caught up with it and a grey cloud loomed overhead. Go figure as they say... 

Various internal pottering/odd jobs done since. An afternoon mostly of reading, with dining en Italie. So I haven't been wearing a white shirt! And doing more than the average amount of washing up... 

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Evening

First of all; happy birthday to @PhilJ W.

Little to report as I too have had a CBA sort of day.   I did sort out a few Myford bits and bobs this morning and then (unusually) watched the entire GP.  Again unusually, I thought it was an excellent race.   Such a shame that the initial potential British 1,2 & 3 on the podium was dashed and particularly bearing in mind who slipped in.    As to the winner?    Well I thought that was good given the various factors to be considered.

No chugs, bimbles or thrashes at the moment due to not being able to get a crash helmet on my bonce.   Oh well, never mind.

TTFN

Edited by PupCam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, polybear said:

I know of A Bear that would pay very good money for the negatives......

I can spare a tenner if it helps? 

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Thor has been very angry, we've had a huge thunderstorm...

The delivery of the scaffolding tower has been changed from yesterday, to, by 10th July...

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PupCam said:

I can spare a tenner if it helps? 

https://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1992/04/08/ 

You must have a Yorkshire Wallet? 

https://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6647&sid=edb7c27ac6e6ad6f250f52162dd9ea4d 

• Like 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just arisen from some eyelid inspection so dinner will be a bit late this evening. The clouds and rain have disappeared so another chilly night. The microwave has just pinged so dinner is ready.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, polybear said:

Not some of the BiL's carp, surely?

Sort of, they were old carcasses from a shop refurbishment in the 1990’s which became redundant about 10 years ago. Swmbo had ‘reserved’ them for him but he didn’t want them so been stuck in my garage for some time. 
Its the carpet that’s been rolled up for 20years that’s more frustrating.

• Friendly/supportive 15

4 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Windows or tablet/telephone? Paste buffers on mobile devices can be non-intuitive.

Do you use the "Link" function? Looks like the chain link on the top of the edit bar (between strike-though and quotes):

image.png.b3f50dfedc17592e0435a749c4bbff5e.png

image.png.d2ad310b97ed6225d9e90365bae602b0.png

You paste the link in the URL box and include whatever text you want.

I find it helpful - particularly since it gives people some clue about what they might be clicking on. I often avoid links where I have no idea where they will lead.

Sometimes the Windows paste buffer gets 'stuck'. Clearing it can help.

image.png.806140aeedbcaed5776c7f6c9a86d099.png

Sometimes you need to close the application where the old text was copied.

Thanks for that (and @polybear), I’ll try both.

Should have mentioned it in my original post but I almost always use my iPad or iPhone when on RMWeb but don’t know if that would make a difference to your responses.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

@Erichill16 I also find I can't copy and paste a link (win10, lappy, Edge) if copied in Edge, but if I have another browser open, Chrome in this case, and copy the link in that I can then paste it in Edge.  Weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 8

• RMweb Premium

ION....

Bear has just done yet another Wooflu Test (an in-date one this time) - yet another big fat FAIL.  Rattin' Piggin' Turdycurses.  Another one in the morning.....

A bit more muddlin' post-F1 shennanagins - getting there, slowly....

(Note to Puppers:  I'm hoping to get it up n' running so we can take it on our next visit to see "Sir" - whenever that may be....must send that PM.....)

• Friendly/supportive 13

54 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

I almost always use my iPad or iPhone when on RMWeb but don’t know if that would make a difference to your responses

You could ignore the bit about the Windows "clipboard" getting stuck - which it can from time to time.

I (almost) always use Windows+Chrome to view RMweb. I find the copy/paste function in Android much less obvious than Windows - even with Android+Chrome.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3

Posted (edited)

Evening All,

Firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Phil, hope you had a good un and got yourself a proper birthday present.

Dampand miserable first thing but weather picked up by dinner (lunchtime) so decided to go to the classic car show. It made an afternoon out if nothing else and took fil.

Not much else to report but for @monkeysarefun, no Holden Morano’s but these two may be to your liking.

IMG_9017.jpeg.f7fb63edf4370f279616eb664441fe33.jpegIMG_9004.jpeg.fda65fbfe3d11fbbbaa73754c3d8db00.jpeg

Edited by Erichill16
Picture duplication
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1