The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

they were on their way to Wimbledon to watch some tennis, rather them than me but we can't all like the same sports.

I can't imagine the front row wearing short white skirts and frilly knickers either.

Having said that, on more than one occasion .........

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold

It is bit like Glastonbury here but with no sunshine, but at least we have plumbing. Having enjoyed seeing the Legends broadcast, Aditi has her Shania Twain Greatest Hits Album playing. She said it was one she used to listen to while driving (or sitting in traffic jams) to East Ham or Stratford (Newham, not the other one) 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Having our own sing along with the Eagles (never played at Glastonbury?) Greatest Hits now.

Having watched the Shania Twain performance broadcast on BBC I think there must be some very sensitive souls out there, as there were on screen apologies for “language” during the broadcast. 

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Checked on the weeds that I sprayed with weedkiller yesterday. Some of the leaves are looking a bit limp whereas with glyphosphate they would all be curling up by now. After that effort I took a bit of eyelid inspection.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I got the lavenders in the front graden just about sorted out with the remaining dead bits cut off the two worst affected by the wet and windy Winter and Spring.  They will need a bit more doing but it started drizzling.

Later on a friend came round with a bag of well rotted manure he had spare - he gets it from a relative who keeps horses.  Since lunchtime I've sorted out several weeks worth of photos to put on RMweb and flickr and amended tomorrow's grocery order, which has grown to be much bigger than usual, partly as I want more vitamin tablets and I found a couple of books I "need".

It has rained on and off from about 10.30 and is cool, it got to 16°C just after lunchtime.  The greenhouse plants do not ned watering today.  However the blackbirds and sparrows have managed to empty the birdbath.

As I was doing photos I haven't watched the Tour de France, I'll watch the highhlights later on.  It looks as though the rest of the evening will be spent reading.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Noooooooooooooo......

Pingpong and foot the ball non stop all day....

@PupCam  Yes, I've "heard" of Twizzle*, but I don't remember seeing it, I vaguely recall Torchy, a bit more of Four Feather Falls but real recall starts with Supercar...

* There's a bit of one on youtube.

Edited by Hroth
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Noooooooooooooo......

Pingpong and foot the ball non stop all day....

Time for hobbies?

• Like 5
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Fairly routine day WFH, enlivened on the lunchtime walk by seeing a kingfisher; first time I have ever seen one on the River Cray. No time for a photo but I know roughly where it was so maybe next time (Friday). So if I am in luck I will post a picture of a blue blob…!

• Like 17

Posted (edited)

Supreme Court  - what the...!?

Though assuming the ruling applies to ALL  presidents and not just the Orange Jesus One, can't the current one "Officially" strap the orange  one to a rocket and fire him into the sun?

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 7
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Been catching up on a few things this afternoon and then watched a series of archeology programs on BBC4 so haven't done much else. Now to catch up on Farcebook.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Tony_S said:

It is bit like Glastonbury here but with no sunshine, but at least we have plumbing. Having enjoyed seeing the Legends broadcast, Aditi has her Shania Twain Greatest Hits Album playing. She said it was one she used to listen to while driving (or sitting in traffic jams) to East Ham or Stratford (Newham, not the other one) 

Ooh I used to that. Just think we may have even sat in the same queue. She listening to Shania and me humming along to Tom Jones what's new pussycat.

• Like 3
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Stupid o'clock.

That race is on a repeat Countryfile again..

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

2 hours ago, BSW01 said:

I then dug out the bag the old that contained bits of old carpet underlay, the old fibrous, hairy felt type of underlay and stuffed a few pieces up the flue to stop any further birds etc.

I hope that is not asbestos? Mum and Dad have an asbestos layer under the linoleum*. It has wall-to-wall carpet over it in the hall. Their flooring needs to be redone entirely but the hazmat requirements make it very expensive. The bottom layer was laid down around 1961 if I'm not mistaken.

* Or similar. It might not specifically be "linoleum".

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

SWMBO would like to watch tour de France but it doesn't seem to be available on any of the channels available to us. We've no idea what's happening with the cyclists, but she likes the scenery.

She had her ears pierced (before we met). However, she developed an allergy to certain metals. She quit wearing earrings and has to find watches where no metal bits touch her skin.

My nephews had their grandfather's coat of arms tattooed on them.  I claim this makes them my property now.

• Like 3
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 7