The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I've just tried posting some photos in my photo thread - RMWeb won't do any uploads right now.  Why is it always around this time it all falls over?

Church was OK this morning, though a few issues may be looming on the horizon caused by the health of others.  I'll have to see what happens in the coming weeks.

I went to look at Dad's (and Mum's) grave after church, at long last grass is growing as I requested and the sunken bits have been filled in so it looks much better.  I don't go often, just on their birthdays and around Christmas but want it kept tidy.  Fortunately the council do all the grass cutting.

I got my photos sorted out and catalogued, including a batch taken on my mobile, I've only started really using it for photos quite recently.  As most photos will not be of interest to anyone after I depart I only make a brief note of most of them, just so I can identify the places.  The good thing about digital photos is that I don't have to write down the date I took them and can put the place in the filename.

I also remembered to move the self sown tomato into its final large pot in the greenhouse.  It is pleasantly warm though there is now a gentle sea breeze so it is not as warm as it was at lunchtime.  In a few minutes I shall watch some football and then try to work out why I cannot complete a supposedly fairly easy Sudoku.

David

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I've just tried posting some photos in my photo thread - RMWeb won't do any uploads right now.

I thought it was just the way I was looking at it when it failed a picture upload....

Glad to hear it wasn't just me!

There is now a brown header bar:

Image uploading appears not to be working - we are investigating

It appears to have been fixed!

Edited by Hroth
update, update
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I'm put in mind of this while you happily clean the bus.

As they sing* in the penal colonies...

"Whistle while you work

Kim Jong Un is a jerk

He's half barmy

So's his army

Whistle while you work"

* As applied to other noted mad dictators...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Hroth said:

The Post Office scandal goes from bad to worse.

(If that's possible...)

BBC News headline: "Post Office accidentally leaks sub-postmaster data"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd110nl7dppo

Which could make them a target for scrotes after their compo.....when they get it.....

4 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Makes me  almost glad to live in a country where the equivalent  headline is "Photo captures 'horrifying' moment spider devours snake"

Now if you think a Certain Bear is gonna click on that link you've been sniffin' the 3d Printer resin for too long....

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Another Warehouse day - a mere 2.75 miles wandered today (yesterday was 3.5);  there was choccy cake left from yesterday as well....😃

(there were also donuts - though Bear was unusually good and didn't 😇 - even though they were KKD's...).

Din Dins tonight?  Well I went for Crusty & Molloky Pizza (as recommended by @PhilJ W) taste-test challenge....

The conclusion?  Yes, nice...but not a patch on Bear's preferred Dr. Oetker's jobbie.  iD holds his bonce in despair.....

ION.....

This is the Father of someone who works in the Warehouse - a man that obviously knows his way around British Pollytiks......🤣

image.png.55e2ba40f00e936199441f5f0f3dcb47.png

Bear gone....

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

I was in Eastleigh 'spoons waiting for the bus after shopping. I usually sit near the TV screen but the lack of seats there made me sit further away, before I even realised there was an England match about to start. It only got noisy when England scored, but I left after two pints as it was bus time. Denmark had just equalised, much quieter.  I do watch footy occasionally but only when it doesn't interfere with my day's schedule.

Sostice greetings to all.

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Pete you’ve just reminded me….by the way have you seen the summer? We seem to have lost it…

The forecast for our week in a Dorset was wet and cool but it has been dry and warm. The waterproof clothing we intended to try out for our trip to Iceland wasn’t needed. It may be dull and damp tomorrow but we are driving home. 
Tony

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Smash the screen on my iPad when Danmark scored…….quite a few Deltics to replace it. Over to you Poly Bear for the latest Deltic exchange rate…..😭😭😭😭

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

I was listening to a friend of the young guy missing in Tenerife being interviewed - she sounded most concerned:

"He's been gone three days now.....without a phone....."

Personally I'd be more worried about water & food (in that order)....still, I guess that's the youth of today for you....

• Agree 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all. I have 'carpenter's palm' and housemaid's knee. I may have overdone it a bit. But on the plus side, big progress was made on sorting things out. Negative waves overcome. As a certain actor said in a signature role - woof woof... 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Smash the screen on my iPad when Danmark scored…….quite a few Deltics to replace it. Over to you Poly Bear for the latest Deltic exchange rate…..😭😭😭😭

£Ratheralot to a Deltic...... 😢

• Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

The forecast for our week in a Dorset was wet and cool but it has been dry and warm. The waterproof clothing we intended to try out for our trip to Iceland wasn’t needed. It may be dull and damp tomorrow but we are driving home. 
Tony

The forecast for back here in Estuary-Land is el scorchio but it won't last.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, The White Rabbit said:

Evening all. I have 'carpenter's palm' and housemaid's knee.

Be happy you don't have Housemaids Palm....

• Like 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Hroth said:

Personally I'd prefer a rotten veg stall placed next to the stocks,  where an individual can buy as many putrid objects as they like, all funds going to the restoration and conservation of the damaged heritage.  Perhaps it could be livestreamed on utoob too....

ALl we have to sort out is how LONG they get sentenced to the stocks!

Might I suggest that the length of time in the stocks is the age of the item damaged.  So in the case of the portrait of the King (in more enlightened times, that would have been a morning out with the axe man), it would be a few weeks.  In the case of Stonehenge, I don't think we need worry about the exact length of their stay.

Adrian

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Got my prescription this afternoon so I'm a happy bunny. Only missed one day out of 360 so it shouldn't make much difference. While I was in Tess Coes I raided the reduced to clear cabinet and found something called bruschetta which is French toast topped with cheese and ham. marked down to £2 from £5 so I had to give it a try and very nice it was too and (the other) half of it will be tomorrows lunch.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

While I was in Tess Coes I raided the reduced to clear cabinet and found something called bruschetta which is French toast topped with cheese and ham. marked down to £2 from £5 so I had to give it a try and very nice it was too and (the other) half of it will be tomorrows lunch.

I’m glad you enjoyed your bruschetta but I fear that Tess Coes have been mucking around with what I believe is a traditional Italian dish which, when done well, is divine as a starter.  

Edited by 4630
  • Like 6
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

......something called bruschetta which is French toast topped with ......

Steady now iD @iL Dottore .....deep breath.....count to ten.....and repeat.......

• Like 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, 4630 said:

I’m glad you enjoyed your bruschetta but I fear that Tess Coes have been mucking around with what I believe is a traditional Italian dish which, when done well, is divine as starter.  

24 minutes ago, polybear said:

Steady now iD @iL Dottore .....deep breath.....count to ten.....and repeat.......

According to the packaging it is Spanish. (Iberico cheese and Serrano ham.)

• Informative/Useful 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4