The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

A bit of sun this morning but the cloud is quickly increasing, it is cool, 7°C overnight, 11°C while I was having breakfast, I am still wearing long sleeved shirts and will need a sweater to go to church as it can be a bit cold there.

After church I may clean the car, the birds have been using it for target practice - they seem to be trying to see who can make the longest white streak down the sides.  If it stays dry I might be able to finish cutting back the second of the poorly lavenders and perhaps remove some of the very invasive ground cover plants, some form of small succulent.  It is probably Sedum acre which people actually go out and buy.  I've no idea where mine came from.

I won't be going to the beach today, I think the big car park is partly closed while the "Blyth Live Festival" is being set up ready for Saturday.  It is a free live music event.  Doubtless I shall be able hear it in my garden and probably in the house.  The Headline act is "Lindisfarne Story" which has 2 of the original Lindisfarne, then there is Lonnie Donnegan's son and so on.

I won't be going unless I suddenly fancy a walk.

David

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 12/06/2024 at 21:47, 4630 said:

I’m more impressed that you have blue sky and sunshine in Wimborne, Peter.

Both commodities have been in very short supply in this corner of West Yorkshire. 

It's grey and cloudy plus colder and windy on the south Coast not far from Wimborne today.  I have also been informed that we are heading to Wimborne tomorrow so be warned. 

Failing to stop or report an accident is an offence under section 170 of the Road Traffic Act. 

I believe that we may  be heading g towards the swimming g pool this morning. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Grey, cool, calm.

Heavy rain predicted from 11am.

An easy prediction for the date, and that we're on page 13 13 0

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It isn’t sunny or particularly warm here this morning. I have done my packing for the holiday already and done anything required for the car so I can just be available to do anything else as required today. 
Tony

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bin day today and the lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon is in full voice. Interestingly the food waste is collected by a small battery electric wagon, apparently it has been in use for a year now. @DaveF I always wear long sleeved shirts as I have fair skin and sunburn easily, and mentioning shirts I have a whole pile of them that ought to go to the charity shop. They are clean as the decision to dispose of them is made as they come out of the wash.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Morning all.

It isn’t sunny or particularly warm here this morning. I have done my packing for the holiday already and done anything required for the car so I can just be available to do anything else as required today. 
Tony

It was bright and sunny at about six this morning but there's a lot of rain on its way for this evening as Distant signal west @Gwiwer and Fraggle Rock @New Haven Neil can confirm.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Our plane was a bit delayed as the airport in our destination was closed due to a flash flood.

If you were diverted to Stansted or Southend it would have been some drive.

• Like 8
  • Agree 2

Happy anniversary to @grandadbob and Chris... enjoy the day 👍

BIN day. Only two this week, recycle ever other, so less to shift for the morning rush. Several passed already including the two that service us, result.

Nothing much yesterday, Mrs was off to another book club, leaving me to "relax" for the evening. Down a rabbit hole looking for some youtube hobby info.

Today, Mrs having lunch with her sister, nothing else happening - if you discount more frenzied report alterations for my Long Island client that is!

Heavey but short lived thunderstorm overnight, so wet and cloudy but 19c at BIN time. Clouds/rain forecast some of the day clearing by evening and a high of 27c.

Ta ta.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

One wonders how many register as a student, get the loans which they otherwise could not get, buy cars etc and then go off to work, not attending university. Something they would not admit on surveys.

The fact they've paid for the course won't worry them, that chicken will come home to roost many years in the future..

It would seem from the lack of attendance of many on JCs courses that there may be many that do that.

A new email from the club secretary and it's worked!!!

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Spent the afternoon sorting out the washing which I ran yesterday. I found it is best to leave it in the machine for a few hours as the spin cycle compresses it into one solid mass that takes time to loosen. Time to see what the best before date lottery has for dinner.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

🌬️  ' afternoon all from red dragon land.

Somewhat blowwwweeeeeeee, this afternoon, but the sun doth shineth between the showers, like....now.

Happy anniversary to @grandadbob and Mrs GDB. With every good wish.

Some TOTF🎶 today but broken up into shorter sessions. Breathing is getting a bit more laboured with whatever lurgy is hanging around. Thankfully, it is making me more precise from the start so, no messing...and still a bit of progress being made. Enough, now, to start polishing up the next section.

A quick mugadecaf and then time to get dinner whatever that will be...not thought about it yet. 🤔

Take care. Be good. Keep on top.

Polly

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DaveF said:

The mess left by birds came off easily as I found some bird lime remover which came in aerosols with previous cars and I've not used much of it before.

Make a folded piece of kitchen roll nice n' wet then lay it over the poo for 5-10 minutes (it'll even stick to vertical panels such as doors).  Then you'll find that you can just wipe the poo off with the wet kitchen roll.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

It was bright and sunny at about six this morning but there's a lot of rain on its way for this evening as Distant signal west @Gwiwer and Fraggle Rock @New Haven Neil can confirm.

Not wrong!  A decent start to the morning deteriorated at 11 into light rain, followed by heavy rain, then thick rain.  Garnished with wind and rain. Pah.

Congrats to GDB, quite a term really, we're only at 40.

We're off in the campervan soon, to several destinations scattered around the UK.  Some trains may be involved, plus meeting one of Mrs NHN's schoolfriends from Guernsey (Mrs NHN grew up there although is Cornish) we meet occasionally.  They're 60 this year so it is sort of celebratory.  

A little naughtniess today in that I ordered a ...one of those.....from Rails - had an e mail offering a Jinty for £125....in 7mm.....done!  It wasn't on the website, had to use the link from the e mail, I wonder if it was a regular buyer's premium offer before it went out to the wider modelling populace. I see it is on there now if anyone fancies a half price bargain.

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2