The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

I feel a book coming,

’The Joy of Oven Cleaning’

Or possibly

'The "Joy" of Oven Cleaning'...

ION

I was contemplating venturing out this morning to purchase a backup power tool energy storage device.  Currently, I'm here nibbling on a gingernut and sipping a muggacoffee.

The expedition may be moved forward to this afternoon...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, skipepsi said:

I could use a little help. When air fryers were being discussed someone mentioned a cleaner they used successfully, I have searched the topic but the results don't give the information needed. I am hoping someone made a note at the time which I intended to do but failed...The pain from arthritc fingers was a clear reminder that there has to be a better way.

Bear uses Silicone Liners for Air Fryers - the 'bay is your friend; lots of different sizes depending on A.F. Model.  Highly recommended - keeps the A.F. clean for yonks.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Bear is currently watching the BBC News....

They were talkin' Pollytiks and some guy being interviewed said:

"When I give you my word I do my best to follow thru'"

Oh, I really do hope so.....I need a good laugh....

Edited by polybear
  • Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear uses Silicone Liners for Air Fryers - the 'bay is your friend; lots of different sizes depending on A.F. Model.  Highly recommended - keeps the A.F. clean for yonks.

Ah, I thought Mick @skipepsi was talking about cleaning the oven roof, sides etc.  I too use liners both paper and silicone for the basket and they are certainly the dog's whatsits for collecting surplus oil/fat.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Sorting out the washing took a bit longer (as usual) but now all I've got to do is shop otherwise I go on an enforced diet for the weekend.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

A'noon,

Appliance cleaning duties dealt with, just waiting for the washing machine to do a final rinse.  Brownie points have been added to my stash.

Steve brought his car round to park for the week and Abbie visited as well to see us and also to ferry him back home which saved me a job.  They've only just gone, we spent an enjoyable couple of hours chatting which means that I still haven't got down to The Shed.  Muggatea time shortly and maybe some biscuits, then I might get a round tuit.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

A'noon,

Appliance cleaning duties dealt with, just waiting for the washing machine to do a final rinse.  Brownie points have been added to my stash.

You put your appliances in the washing machine?  🤔

• Like 2
  • Funny 14

5 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Ah, I thought Mick @skipepsi was talking about cleaning the oven roof, sides etc.  I too use liners both paper and silicone for the basket and they are certainly the dog's whatsits for collecting surplus oil/fat.

Surplus oil and fat, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that sounds delicious. We gave our air fryer away, really don't like fried food, prefer grilled stuff these days, or barbequed if it's a nice day.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

I see the Boss of The Big House is in the Poo - it's one thing shooting yourself in the foot, but doing it with a bluddy great Howitzer is never going to end well.  Wottaberk.

ION........

Bear has successfully disposed of four 5L fuel containers via Freegle - they've gone to two separate, happy people that didn't bvgger Bear about or waste my time with non collection.  Definitely a Tick, as it's made more room inside the Beary sh*d.

Right, what's next?  Oh yes, check the CC Bill against the CC receipts from my recent Malta visit.....I may be gone "some time".....

BG

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

how do you tread that fine line between rating your own writing as utter b0llocks (when actually it is at an acceptable standard) and rating that work as the best thing since sliced bread (even though it is utter b0llocks)?

That is where the reviewer comes in. 

I have yet to see the two reviews I know are coming. Both are due in print next week. 

What I do know is that one of them has used the term “a magnificent effort” in the context of sourcing, collating, correcting and presenting often vague or contradictory source material and publishing a single source of reference for the subject. 

Is it utter ball-cocks?  The reader must be the judge of that. I did the best job I could with the material available and I claim it neither to be utter sliced bread nor the best thing since b0ll0cks. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PupCam said:

"How do you know if a politician is lying ....."

Because every time they open their mouth some idiot starts speaking

• Agree 4
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

In other news. 

Dr SWMBO arrived this afternoon. Her trip from the Big Smoke was largely uneventful but on very busy trains. As hers had become a Newquay service for the summer timetable she (and several hundred others) were obliged to change at Plymouth onto a local train. Leaving perhaps 15 passengers on the Newquay one. 

As the London train had been delayed slightly by congestion around Westbury and Castle Cary so too the connecting train, which was held the few minutes to ensure it did connect, pulled into Penzance a bit late. 

Officially 14 minutes and 59 seconds behind time.

One more second and she could have claimed a 12.5% Delay Repay refund. One second. Grrr. Lines have to be drawn somewhere. And hers is one second on the side of “late but no compensation”. 

• Friendly/supportive 16