The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Wasn't Mr Donut an American chain? I say this due solely to remembering an episode of a   US show from the 60's (maybe The  Twilight Zone..?) that had a Mr Donut shop or whatever they are called in it. 

Good spot, looking at the history it seems very tangled with an original US company separating different units on its way to becoming part of Dunkin Donuts. The stores here are part of the Japanese bit which became Japanese and has a menu focused on Asian tastes.

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

Happy anniversary Beth and Jamie.

It's a lovely sunny day though still with a cool breeze.  I've done the usual phone calls but still have an e mail to write.  

Church went well, this week the archdeacon took the servce.  I remembered to take the intercessions I'd written but had to change them when I got to church as an extra person is not well and the archdeacon made a point in the sermon I wasn't expecting.  I always take a pen with me just in case I need to alter things at the last minute.

I've just had a long chat with Anne who lives along the road, she is hobbling about as she sprained her ankle badly on holiday on Norway.  

Now I'm having a relaxing cofee and chocolate biscuit before I do the other Sunday things.

David

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Morning All,

Having issues on here, cant rate posts, add links and having problems uploading pictures. 
Anyway, last day of nephews, probably a good thing as tempers are beginning to show. Bil rang THEM up to say they can do X, Y andZ without consulting us. Nice. Result, standoff.

Better get a move on, dont want to get in anybodies bad books!

The same happened to me the other day, all I had to do to clear it was reload RMweb.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium

I just watched a good movie on Netflix called 'The Last Vermeer' which is really very good. Apologies if I'm recommending something people have already watched as it has been out for a few years (2019 I think). The movie is set in the immediate aftermath of the liberation of the Netherlands and is about an art fraud, apparently it was inspired by a true story (though I suspect the key word there is 'inspired'). The movie is interesting as it shows the rather unpleasant period following occupation which tends to be glossed over, and it quite a ballsy film in avoiding the usual uplifting feelgood stuff (not too much of a spoiler hopefully). Good solid performances and a very good story, well worth a watch.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

Grass.. mown..

Umpires training material.. reviewed and signed off...

now for lunch followed by..

wire strangling

Baz

• Like 16
  • Round of applause 1

11 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

However I've just attached a purchase cost to each item - and I've frightened myself.

Yes, bad move! I thought about doing that in the spreadsheet I’ve created. A very quick mental ballpark calculation put me right off the idea.

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

27 minutes ago, pH said:

Yes, bad move! I thought about doing that in the spreadsheet I’ve created. A very quick mental ballpark calculation put me right off the idea.

Thing is, I'll need it so that I get enough insurance cover.

• Like 11
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

Morning All,

Having issues on here, cant rate posts, add links and having problems uploading pictures. 
Anyway, last day of nephews, probably a good thing as tempers are beginning to show. Bil rang THEM up to say they can do X, Y andZ without consulting us. Nice. Result, standoff.

Better get a move on, dont want to get in anybodies bad books!

"Right, you little 'sterds....when you're in Punk Rock Towers you do what WE SAY...and you can tell Daddy that if he doesn't like it he can go **** himself with the rough end of a Pineapple**...."

Should clarify the situation somewhat.

**Never did work out which end is the rough one - both seem pretty unappealing to this Bear

p.s. Did BiL ever get his sh1te out of your Garage?

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

Harry the Honda had fuel in all four float bowls - Huge Tick.  Then Harry started instantly - just as though he was a day old again.  Result?  One very happy Bear 😁

After a good warm-up (sorry Neighbours.....) I drained the oil and also the oil filter housing just for good measure; it's now got new gloop inside - and the 4L container was just enough, with nottalot left over.  Another Tick.

Rear Indicators refitted and all lights working nicely - yep, another Tick.  Bertie the Battery is now hooked up to the charger again; once that's done I can refit the seat and sidepanels and take oodles of piccies.

A very Happy Bear....if only I had Cake....

BG

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

Good morning afternoon everyone

As is the norm for a Sunday, it was breakfast in bed, which was a little later than usual, so once out of bed and dressed, I went straight outside to take advantage of the sunshine and do some weeding. I've now nearly finished removing the moss from the camomile, I've only got about 5ft left to do. Max was due to call round today, but he was a no show, I'm guessing he was either out with his mates or girlfriend. I've just packed up for the day and about to drink a well earned muggertea.

back later

Brian

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

After coffee I just sat and finished the Sunday e mail letters and then read a magazine until I cooked lunch.  I say cooked, I actually microwaved a ready meal as I had one left over in the freezer.  After I'd eaten that and a piece of apple pie and custard I felt very full and tired so I lay down and dozed for a while - my excuse is that I've had a couple of nights poor sleep.

Since then I've planned the next bits of work to do in the garden which will include cutting back an overgrown quince bush as well as taking out the rest of the membrane under the gravel sometime next week I hope.

I have got the last two albums of family photos emptied, my computer bench now has one pile to scan and another pile alomost as big of ones which are duplicates.  I should get most of them done tomorrow as I've got to be in as my cleaner should come during the morning.

The rest of the day will be TV and reading.  I'm starting to go through some books about things running on steel strips which I no longer "need" and am looking at them to make quite sure as I don't want to have to buy them again in a few months.

David

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

image.png.059d90b4c196338c5c92e59087e1f13d.png

image.png.748ae424e6f771f627e57b29fa366836.png

image.png.1105a6d130a7419c6fe88aec04de30fb.png

image.png.4fa70284253c814b7367b523e1033d5f.png

image.png.c7c6b1e1a986f0998c74a3e5716b59a0.png

image.png.cafc4d192ab8e5b202fa630f8bbe2729.png

image.png.4a29170c9c1112a4850f023f5a505bc5.png

image.png.2c5724eae1d1e9f1d0759fe316317183.png

image.png.f3885403daadc65e50dc4b134a4875c3.png

image.png.e5b1b3b6886846daa1117668204205e8.png

image.png.29c34543aee392141345ed288e29ec7b.png

image.png.f0331b9b98f1b60d4449672ee1f6f64d.png

image.png.05a21e0e8dfcd8d6ca6f589472cb4f20.png

image.png.209b6a30684ac64fe50fc882605e8fd5.png

image.png.88cef8fa20ab5c680f0a0a97e5cdc1fc.png

A man sees a sign outside a house - 'Talking Dog For Sale.' He rings the bell, the owner appears and tells him the dog can be viewed in the back yard.

The man goes to the yard and sees a very nice looking Labrador Retriever sitting there. "Do you really talk?" he asks the dog. "Yes," the Labrador replies.

After recovering from the shock of hearing the dog talk, the man asks, "So, tell me your story."

The Labrador looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I was sold to the SAS. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one imagined that a dog would be eaves dropping. I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years".

"But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at Heathrow Airport to do some undercover security work, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded several medals".

"Then I got married, had a few puppies, and now I've just retired."

The man is amazed. He goes back into the house and asks the owner how much he wants for the dog.

"Ten quid," the owner says.

"£10? But your dog is absolutely amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheaply?"

"Because he's a lying b'sterd, he's never been out of the back yard."

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he can annoy the French for the rest of his life.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10