The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

I've been asking Alexa for hourly forecasts, as well as looking at the Met Website.  It was looking hopeful earlier that Harry might make an appearance this morning; now it's looking decidedly unlikely.  Rattin' Piggin' Turdycurses.

So what will a Bear do instead?  Hmm, ponder ponder.....

Well I do still have the "clean kitchen and wardrobe tops" reminder on Larry the Lappy (69 days a 7 hours overdue, apparently.....).  At least it'll feel good when it's done (assuming Bear doesn't come down the stepladder the fast way, that is.....).

BG

• Like 10
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It was very sunny when I got up about 40 minutes ago, it’s very dull now, I hope it doesn’t rain whilst I’m walking to the butchers! After that I’ll head off to the Trafford Centre for a few more bits, then the rest of the day is mine to do with what I like! 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. The lurgy is still hanging on though getting less troublesome. I will have to do some shopping this afternoon or starve over the weekend, or leave it until this evening as Tess Coes is open until midnight.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

It was just starting to p1ddle gently when Bear went to the Sh*d to collect the stepladder; it seems the Met and Alexa were both right after all.

The tops of the kitchen wall cupboards are now gleaming, as is the top of the F/Freezer; I even got carried away and dragged Freddie the Fridge out of his hidey hole so I could clean behind & underneath it 😱.  Half a Big Tick awarded.

Right,  time to climb the little wooden hill with the ladder and attack the wardrobes in two bedrooms....

BG

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Sunny, warmish (16c) and calm.  Predicted to remain so all day.

Several degrees warmer and it could be a perfect summers day!

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

From what I hear, there is a lot of ranting about Trumps conviction both for and against, seems the internet is awash with suspected "outside interference", most likely Russians and Chinese sources trying to stir up a civil war, on the plus side they might be too busy to bother with our general election and we will just get our own dross and muck raking instead, I think I need to go hill walking..................for about 2 months till it's all over.

Interesting interview on BBC breakfast with George W Bush's presidential legal ethics advisor. His opinion is that Trump is finished. It leaves the Republican party with a dilemma, drop him now or risk defeat by his being the candidate. Also in the (unlikely) result is him receiving a jail sentence he would have to be bailed until his appeal is held. One condition of bail would be that he will be restricted to New York which will cramp his presidential campaign.

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 10

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Winslow Boy said:

Washer is on. You have been warned. Beware denizens of Manutopea.

You're a bit slow, my load is on final spin....

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

I was half watching BBC Breakfast this morning when I caught part of an item on a new anti-cancer vaccine*. Interestingly it was created by the same technique that was used to create the first anti covid vaccines so despite all the problems of the pandemic something useful has come out of it.

*I didn't catch all of the details but apparently it is tailored to the individual patient, perhaps @iL Dottore can explain further.

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 10

3 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I was half watching BBC Breakfast this morning when I caught part of an item on a new anti-cancer vaccine*. Interestingly it was created by the same technique that was used to create the first anti covid vaccines so despite all the problems of the pandemic something useful has come out of it.

*I didn't catch all of the details but apparently it is tailored to the individual patient, perhaps @iL Dottore can explain further.

I'll give it a go sometime in the next couple of days (could be CART-T therapy???)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Update.

Hung the contents of the washing machine out to dry.

Now what? 🤔

You could stand and watch it... 😉

Edited by The White Rabbit
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, The White Rabbit said:

You could stand and watch it... 😉

I tried that with some Fresh Flour.

Gripping!

I don't think I could stand the sensory overload a second time...

• Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

I'll give it a go sometime in the next couple of days (could be CART-T therapy???)

A bit more detail. They took some cancer cells from a patient and identified a protein within the cells that were exclusive to those cells and from this they developed the vaccine which worked as all vaccines do. The vaccine is 'tuned' to the patients DNA. My interest is that both my parents and my brother died of cancer and my sister had breast cancer when she was younger (but that was caught early and she is now cancer free). I am the only member of my family with no apparent cancer. I am also the only one who has never smoked but I doubt that is significant as my maternal grandfather smoked like a chimney but died of old age at 80 (but I might be the lucky one to have inherited a gene).

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 8

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

Any spiders 🕷️?

Nope 🙂

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Update.

Hung the contents of the washing machine out to dry.

Now what? 🤔

Rain?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

' afternoon all from red dragon land.

Weather looked unpredictable first thing so washing machine just gone on - now the sun has decided to start waking up.

TOTF 🎶 this morning showing up all the work on it I need to do to polish up Line2 - the equivalent of a lot of elbow grease. It looks like I could well be spending much of the coming month on it...<<deep breath!>>

C&C groceries this afternoon so a few more jobbies* to do before they arrive, courtesy of MrS.

*Mugadecaf now before I start on them.

Take care. Be good. Jump in when the sun shines!

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Here is the news item.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cl77qvd2krgo

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. It's raining again, which means that the planned shopping trip scheduled for this afternoon will be later this evening. Plenty to do in the meantime as the postman has delivered a couple of comics c. chrisf.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 10