The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AndyID said:

I know how you feel. But even in the completely insane politics of North Idaho the iris keep on blooming.

I kind of have a lot of sympathy for people of the USA when it comes to politics and elections. The down side of being the leader of a large part of the world is that the whole world follows US elections and has an opinion on it all. People will take an interest in China now but Xi Jinping is just their leader, very few take an interest in their government, politicians or processes. There's a group of countries for which people are aware who leads them and have an interest to a small extent (perhaps Brazil, India, France, Germany, UK, Japan plus Australia in the anglosphere and SE/E Asia and a handful of others) but few are really interested. However, in the case of the US it seems every person and their dog has an opinion on everything, and if many aren't that knowledgeable about their own government it tends to be much worse when offering opinions on others.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

5 hours ago, AndyID said:

I know how you feel. But even in the completely insane politics of North Idaho the iris keep on blooming.

That's mother nature for you. The world might be going to pot but she keeps producing wonders and demanding attention no matter what.

• Like 15

12 hours ago, polybear said:

@iL Dottore is the only ER'er that has multiple entries - a badge of honour which I'm sure he wears with pride......

I’m not sure about the “multiple entries”, but I do know that my name is chiseled onto a tablet of stone, whilst other names are merely noted down in pencil on paper….

Annoying The Bear” - one of my life’s quiet pleasures…

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, from a wet, windy and 10c chilly rock.  Not nice at all out.

Because.....TT starts tomorrow! #sigh#

Not much better here. 

At least its not complicated by insane motorcyclists.....

Edited by Hroth
extra!
  • Like 10
  • Funny 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

An interesting set of stats.  Out of Interest were they. adjusted for population growth betwnn 1918 and 2020. 

The percentages quoted are for the world populations of their respective years. What I can say is that Spanish Flu caused, proportionally, ten times the deaths that Covid has thus far.

Edited by Coombe Barton
Usual squad of typos
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, enz said:

Army, or Navy. I'd go Navy - the Fraggle Rock Liberation Army can do the land work. Or , if it doens't succeed, renamed the Fragged Rock Liberation Army.

In @Tony_S's council the biggest party is the CIIP, the Canvey Island Independence Party.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

We are lucky enough to be too remote for the door knockers, we don't even get many propaganda leaflets, which is a shame , they are good for lighting the bone fires now we've long since given up newspapers.

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Tony_S said:

gooseberry crumble.  

Where's the yum button?

• Like 9
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Just about every Police song is dark - and the upbeat 'pop-rock' sound is incongruous.

Roxanne - a prostitute

Don't stand so close to me - A teacher* struggling with feelings of pædophilia

Message in a bottle - loneliness

Every little thing she does is magic - an unrequited crush

Invisible sun - how many depressing outcomes can you count - is it "hopeful"? maybe, but it's still dark

King of pain - enough said

An Englishman in New York - Gordon solo - commentary on guns and immigration in the US: "Gentleness, sobriety are rare in this society"

I could go on.

Agree, though I reckon that "Walking On The Moon" is pretty well just about walking on the moon!

• Like 11
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.  

Still raining heavily here and no sign of the fells.  
Forecast for rest of day too so I fancy all activity today will at low level in the valleys.

A very good full Cumbrian breakfast has helped lighten the mood though.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well, it’s still raining, I don’t think it’s stopped all night! Anyway, Sheila has decided to give Zumba a miss today, as WE are going to the Trafford Centre shortly. I would normally do this on my own on a Friday morning, but tomorrow the plan is to go for a walk at Dunham Massey instead, I hope it isn’t raining! 

Back later. 

Brian 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, from a wet, windy and 10c chilly rock.  Not nice at all out.

Because.....TT starts tomorrow! #sigh#

Oh Dear Neil,

I do feel for you, being swamped by insane motorcyclists.

I’ve never much warmed to motorcyclists since that incident in Brighton in 1964, when I nearly had my brand new Carnaby Street suit smudged by a Rocker (fortunately, a handy beer bottle prevented any unwanted déshabillé).

As a long time admirer of the The Royal Ramsey Enclave of The Sage and Venerable Priest Warriors of Donk (although not a Donkist myself*) I am sending you as a token of solidarity a couple of boxes of CCI GmbH’ “Tiger Claw” supa-tuff™ caltrops (guaranteed to stop anything up to a light tank).

Use them wisely, dear Friend, and you will remain untroubled by those leather clad hooligans**

Captain Cynical

*I’m actually an Abbott-Commando in The Venerable and Revered Brethren of The Holy Legions of the Alpine Mist

** @PupCam obviously excepted!

Edited by iL Dottore
Spacing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

On the subject of the catapult aircraft. The majority were Hurricanes many of which would otherwise be scrapped as obsolete. Most had fought in the Battle of Britain where they were the most successful fighter, shooting down 65% of the German aircraft shot down. 

• Like 10
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 3