The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

(Early) evening all.

Travelled over from the North East to the North West today.  What a bloomin awful journey.  Heavy rain, low cloud and lots of surface water.  Fortunately no deep puddles as most of the route was up and down and the bottoms of the down bits drained well.  Up Weardale and over Hartside for those who know the area.  What a pity the Hartside cafe burned down and there is no move to rebuild it.

We are over here for a few days to meet up with some of the Canadian branch of the clan.  The Fells have disappeared and all the Lakes are full to overflowing.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

I never came off it…..

@iL Dottore is the only ER'er that has multiple entries - a badge of honour which I'm sure he wears with pride......

• Like 6
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:
10 hours ago, Barry O said:

Managed to have a small win on the lottery.. received £140 overnight.. result!

Nice, you can "almost" afford HALF a new Hornby engine release 🤪🤪

I remember my Dad winning 17/6 on the football pools in the 60s. He may have won a little before but that is the biggest win I know of!

Compare the amount

http://www.hornbyguide.com/year_details_pricelist.asp?yearid=45

So, half a Gronk by the looks of it @ 35/-

http://www.hornbyguide.com/item_year_details.asp?itemyearid=3255

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Posted (edited)

Just thought I'd place this here, one of the pieces we sang for Pentecost, and the title says it all. This version I found particularly appropriate as it was done during the lockdown and makes me believe we CAN all just get on together...

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 16
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Got to put the recycling out this evening, I hope I can dodge the showers. So now we've six weeks of talking heads saying nothing in particular, oh frabjoy.

• Like 7
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, The White Rabbit said:

Evenin' all. The Met Office website's now working normally for me. Though they've not been very accurate over the last few days - it missed the two thunderstorms earlier this week and the afternoon it was adamant it was going to piddle down was wall to wall sunshine strong enough to give you heatstroke... 🙃

The Met Office website is working again for me now.  It is actually good to know it wasn't just me!

David

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

5 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Here is  another flower that isn’t a foxglove. It comes up in the middle of our gooseberry bushes. Adit knows what it is and has tried to extract it but has just left it as it is pretty. She also knows what it is. 

image.jpeg.f68e25d32874508f5eb3fd9ffba86915.jpeg
The rain held off long enough for us to do some weeding. It is drizzling a bit now but I am  too tired to move. Awaiting a sunny spell! 

Looks like a Penstaman but might be wrong.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Looks like a Penstaman but might be wrong.

Gladiolus Byzantinus. Not that I knew that.

• Informative/Useful 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

25 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Gladiolus Byzantinus. Not that I knew that.

Yes that did occur to me but not seeing the foliage I played safe. Good for naturalizing although they like it on the dry side which is probably why it's growing where it is.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 5

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Yes that did occur to me but not seeing the foliage I played safe. Good for naturalizing although they like it on the dry side which is probably why it's growing where it is.

Our gooseberries are doing well. They produce a good crop every year. As we don’t have any rhubarb at least there will be gooseberry crumble.  

• Like 15