The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

4 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Beer?

That looks like a rather "worrying" urine sample...

Naah!

it's a local London brew - unfiltered and very good indeed!

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Naah!

But drinking that will cure your constipation, but whatever you do don't fart.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

But drinking that will cure your constipation, but whatever you do don't fart.

Is that what those "bungs" are for?

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Naah!

Unfiltered, gluten free beer seemed to be a “thing” when we were in the French Alps last year.  At least the beer wasn’t garnished with alpine flowers which seemed to be fashionable with the food. 

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

BIN day... wait WHAT?!@?!?!

Starting Monday AM panic and more work than I really want to deal with at the Long Island client, has kept me busy and at times VERY annoyed all week so far.

Today the IT director p!ssed me off with a short missive erroneously targeting me for not spotting something I'm not responsible for. VERY LONG NASTYGRAM replied to her, cced to the Finance director so they understand the level of my displeasure - I dare her (IT eejut) to reply, I'll be waiting 😝🤪🤬

Way to far from last weekend to recount it and bore everyone, it was a good one though.

Tonight last rehearsal for the schola for our Pentecost performance two Sundays from now. Will have various pre and post celebratory comestibles.

Plenty of rain the past few days but 10c at BIN time and sunny, with 16c the high and a sunny entire day forecast.

Carry on.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

You can tell its getting close to Summer, my Galilean thermometer has dropped two balls...

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Naah!

I knew a Guy that had three pints of that stuff once, along with half a dozen packets of peanuts.

He f@rted and pebble dashed three council houses.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Warehouse again - all good stuff, though I did have to attend the compulsory "Manual Handling Course" so a Tick could be put in the right box.....'elf n' sayeftee n' all that.  Nothing to do with Litigation Avoidance of course....

I did spot there were two Donuts still left over from yesterday.....one disappeared during the day (and not at the paws of Bear, amazingly); I resisted all day...and it was still safe n' sound at 3pm so Bear decided that once we were back from our last run (which was slightly later than usual, meaning that 99% of the Warehouse Staff had gone home by the time we got back) I'd rescue it and take it home for Bear's Tea.  Guess what?  Someone snaffled it 😭  Rattin' Piggin' Turdycurses.

ION.....

Apparently Wandsworth Prison is overrun  with Vermin.  Yep, they're called Prisoners.....

BG

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

5 hours ago, Hroth said:

Beer?

That looks like a rather "worrying" urine sample...

Nah!

As an experienced and highly trained medical professional I CAN tell the difference.

A skill many beer brewers seem to lack... 

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

A google for French snakes comes up with this as the most likely one ,

image.png.82ac52ae0eda71ff87938b03cd04ab2a.png

Western whip snake ,     https://wildlifeinfrance.com/snakes-france/western-whip-snake-in-france

Yes Western Whip snake - non venomous to humans.

There is an easy test for French snakes .  If the eyes are round like here, they are non-venomous.  If oval or tending to slit shaped then beware.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Premium

Well it was a lovely day in the northern reaches of the rock, 19c at one point, so a little ride out for a brew in Laxey was had apres lunch after all, having survived the Big City and getting my new glasses. My wallet didn't survive the experience though.  Pah.

Then watching the tellynews the local BBC type this evening, the Manutopia based weather gurl said it had been 10c and miserably foggy here.  Well, maybe down t'other end where the airyport (and therefore Met office) is possibly, but we're 30 miles from that and it was glorious.  It was all a bit of a throw-away 'oh it's miserable there' which was not reflective of the day really.  Mini rant.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. As I have mentioned I do the NY Times *Wordl game every morning. This morning I got the word at the second attempt.😁😁😁

My long-term average on Wordle is 3.4 with 98% success rate. I've only managed it in two steps on five occasions out of 267 attempts

Dave.

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

There is an easy test for French snakes .  If the eyes are round like here, they are non-venomous.  If oval or tending to slit shaped then beware.

I think I’d prefer not to get close enough to any snake to be able to tell if the eyes are round or oval. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

we arent the ONLY country with  lame obvious names - Brown snake, Blue Ringed Octopus  - Great Sandy Desert, etc!)

Mount Disappointment

Egg & Bacon Bay

Iron Kn0b

Kangaroo Flat

Emu Plains 

……. and many more 

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, 4630 said:

I think I’d prefer not to get close enough to any snake to be able to tell if the eyes are round or oval. 

I had an adder crawl across my bare legs one time. 

I was relaxing on a rocky clifftop enjoying sun above, sea and surf below and idling my life away when I felt something crawling onto my leg. 

Thinking it might be an insect of some sort I glanced lazily down and to my great surprise there was an adder making its way across me. 

I think I was more concerned about wearing shorts than being bitten though it wasn’t anywhere near the vitals. I had the presence of mind to stay calm and it slithered on its way quite unconcerned. 

In all my 17 years in Australia I only ever saw two snakes. Both Brown Snakes and both snaking lazily across roads on hot sunny days. I was in the car on both occasions so wasn’t at all bothered. And they were not bothered by me because I was able to stop and let them go on their way. 

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, polybear said:

I knew a Guy that had three pints of that stuff once, along with half a dozen packets of peanuts.

He f@rted and pebble dashed three council houses.

Sounds, like what too much proper Tetleys could do to a person.  You could always tell which outside loo belonged to the seasoned Tetley's drinker. 

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Funny 14