The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

What the heck are you lot talking about :icon_question: :icon_question: :icon_question:

Sorry, ye from the end of the hedge; IT (Infernal Technology) is getting a bit of a bashing ATM!

• RMweb Gold

What the heck are you lot talking about :icon_question: :icon_question: :icon_question:

I think the end of the RMweb server as we know it is bringing out the inner geek in some of us!

Tony

I think the end of the RMweb server as we know it is bringing out the inner geek in some of us!

I once turned up at a relative's house with a piece of computer equipment I was providing them and greeted them with "Beware of Geeks bearing Gifts"!

I bet Dr Who's mum used to complain about his Tardisness as well.

That sounds so reTardised :blush:

• RMweb Premium

I've come across a few BOFH in my time. Thankfully not for some while and then I was usually(!) treated with care as I was the SysProg and could access all the logs and machine diagnostics to see exactly what they were up to at any time of the day. There was invariably a little lull in activty during the night shift when the majority of the operations staff nipped down to the pub for a quicky before closing and/or to pick up a chinese takeaway!

I managed to make myself very unpopular on one occasion when, after a major machine failure had been repaired, a programmer colleague and I ran the whole of the night shifts work in 4 hours while the day shift was also working. We had a bit of a thin out of operators after that!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Does the imminent shutdown of the forums warp time or is it simply that we have warped minds?CheersDave

Does the imminent shutdown of the forums warp time or is it simply that we have warped minds?CheersDave

Spacetime warps back on itself introducing a sense of deja vu about the posts!

I've successfully followed the ER instruction guide for Multi-Quote !

• RMweb Gold

Good to know my instruction guide worked! I've just received at least a dozen ER email updates at the same time...

Your instructions were perfect and the multiquote is rather good. Attempted multiple quotations on old RMweb have have usually caused me to give up on the post.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Horay it's back still haven't wired up my shunty plank I have even been playing games on my computer! The P4 boxfile has moved closer to launching (3 boxfiles all P4) All I need now is sleep roll on half term holidays.

Morning all,

Longest period of cold turkey I've ever experienced, still, it's back now so let's hope the symptoms pass quickly!

GordonS: great article about South Pimlico in RM!