The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, polybear said:

Welcome to The List.....

I'm on so many "Lists" that I've forgotten which list that is...

🙃

• Agree 1
  • Funny 15

6 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I'm on so many "Lists" that I've forgotten which list that is...

🙃

Don't worry I'll remind you every so often by getting Bear to mention the fact that I'm on it as well.

• Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Does my double garage and 35ft x 20ft shed get me on the list then Bear?

Dave

Oh, and the fact that I’ve got cake in stock?

On the front row of the Grid I'd say.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

My shed is only 18ft x 8ft so I suppose compared to Dave's hangar and Jamie's hay barn/agricultural warehouse it doesn't really count.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

My shed is only 18ft x 8ft so I suppose compared to Dave's hangar and Jamie's hay barn/agricultural warehouse it doesn't really count.

Anything bigger than a Bear's Shed counts.

• Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone 

Late on parade today due to having to collect a click and collect package from the Trafford Centre. There's no Ava today, as she's been away with school this week and is very tired. So I was decided to take advantage of the nice weather and do some gardening. I'm hoping to dig up a few plants from the front garden and replace them with some new ones. 

Back later 

Brian 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, polybear said:

Now if I had a Polina in tow then things might be different.....

Well once the ladies at the charity depot have got you looking fed on the cakes they will turn to the next matter which is introducing you to a suitable friend. After his wife died a few years ago, (although she had pleaded,with him to look for,someone else) he was determined to stay single. He occupied his time doing jobs and caring for various elderly neighbours. One of his neighbours said she knew a nice lady who she thought would make a lovely companion for my brother. He eventually agreed to a meeting. Planning a wedding now! I must admit we never felt close to his previous wives but this one sounds lovely, although we have only spoken on the phone. I suspect the elderly lady who introduced them will expect to be flower girl at the wedding. 

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

My mother had leukaemia. On one occasion a consultant told her she definitely needed to,start a course of chemotherapy. He was pressuring her to join a trial that would benefit other patients.

Now Bear might be being overly cynical here (no doubt iD will correct me if I’m wrong) but don’t the Docs get paid (by the Drug Manufacturer?) for every patient signed up?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 12

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, polybear said:

I now have my very own, nice new shiny jacket complete with sign-written (ok, embroidered) Charity Logo on it

Soooooooooooooo.....   You won't be able to put it on ebay......  🤪

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl,

Good to hear from @grandadbob, looks like good progress has been made with ... ahem ... 'wallpapering'... 😉 

Sympathies with Jamie over the poor treatment for Beth. Been there, it's very hard to avoid losing control and inflicting physical harm on morons/insensitive *'s. Fingers crossed for several other ERs too, we seem to be having a nasty outbreak of ill health and problems, either ERs themselves or loved ones. 

Not much to report from this end, was awake at silly o'clock (again) but didn't fancy any piddling in a puddle. Strangely, I think I was woken by my dream, our neighbour's recently put a fence up and I dreamt 'William' (a Pug [dog]) dug underneath the gravel board and ran towards me, leapt into my arms and started licking my face with great enthusiasm. Which knocked me over onto the grass... I do get on well with most dogs but they are not usually that affectionate...  Sent myself back to sleep again by thinking about possible transplant sites for various garden plants. 

Various odd jobs done. There are three gatherings the awl would disapprove of this weekend I would have liked to go to but it would not be sensible to try for any. Hopefully another year. A couple of plants planted out and some late seeds sown. 

In nature notes, we seem to be seeing more of a blackbird couple, they have both been throwing grass cuttings about recently, wondered if they were collecting nesting material but I think they were just hunting for insects. Their behaviour was certainly reminiscent of the phrasing in a certain muddling handbook (re garden railways) about them burrowing into [loose] ballast and throwing it left right and centre in their pursuit of worms. I suspect they are nesting somewhere close by. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Soooooooooooooo.....   You won't be able to put it on ebay......  🤪

Limited Edition.....worth more......😁

• Like 1
  • Funny 18