The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Evening all - sorry to hear about everybody's woes, hope everything calms down soon.

Had a bit of a busy day today, did a shed day on the MHR. Most of the day was spent crawling around under that Lord Nelson thing replacing wasted spring hangers. Had to make merry with the gas axe to get the old ones off after dropping the wheel a bit in the wheeldrop. Then it was a bit of a shunt in the yard with the Black 5 before home time.

A good day.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Well, our weather certainly doesn't come close to yours, Don. Been raining on and off since about sunset yesterday and it looks like it's going to be much the same today. I'll be off to the bakery in a while.

Have a good one, guys...

Morning all, It'd keep the neighbours, double glazing etc salesmen away too!

Sunday, no rest for me...but yesterday saw some decorative Xmas trees covered in snow & decorations in the central reservation of one of the main roads through Lagos..................(where the temperature rarely drops below 20c)..............they'll probably be there till Easter mind!

Have a good un,

Trev

Coming back from Church temperature felt/was more like 31C!

Am going to keep windows and door sealed to keep the inside temperature cool.

Nevertheless a hot roast lamb lunch with mint sauce, roast potatoes and hot veges planned.

Since the diabetes was diagnosed, NO dessert on the menu. I do miss it.

Dry white wine is in the fridge.

Very few coyotes here, either.

I do have camcorder film of the feral cat seeing off a dog fox.

Probably neither was prepared to get damaged.

I have a feeling most of the redness in tooth and claw takes place in the hours of darkness.

(About twenty hours a day at this time of year).

Snow now forecast. Oh, good.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather cloudy here but no chance of snow, far too warm, not that I'm complaining.

No bears here. Other parts of Benfleet are noted for the badger population but for some reason not in our area any more, lots of foxes though, I saw one being seen off by a small ginger cat a couple of days ago.

When we stayed with friends in Connecticut, they had to keep cats in due to coyotes. There were bears wandering about but we didn't see any.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I've seen Robbie completely ignore a fox I can see clearly because like "the Oscar winner" he has his nose to the ground! It is really amusing to see him then run in and out of the woods and end up where I'd seen the fox standing.

Edited by Tony_S

Morning all. There was snow falling as I drove back to Edinburgh last night from Glasgow, and my parents report this morning that there is a covering of snow in the Durham hills.

Jamie had a good birthday (apart from having an upset stomach). She enjoyed getting a Snoopy from the Build-A Bear Workshop, and we took her swimming and to the soft play. She didn't get to bed till 9pm, which is unheard of! Two hours past her bedtime.

I'm with you, Mick. A quiet day would suit me. Unfortunately we have a house full to celebrate Mum's birthday. I'm sure once it gets underway it will be fine, but right now I'd rather be modelling.

Bah humbug...

No sign of snow whatsover in the softie south...

• RMweb Gold

I'll be having a fairly quiet day. I'll stay here with Robbie (he needs to go "out" a bit more than usual) and Aditi will go and have lunch with her mother. I've got some tidying up to do but I can listen to some music. I've got some new speakers and when I was trying them out, Robbie barked at them so perhaps they have a better frequency response than the old ones.

Tony

I bought a MagicBox DAB/internet radio/iPod dock last year and I'm thoroughly disappointed with it. Can't get the internet radio to work properly, it has an annoying whistle. And the sound is very woolly. Even the built-in speakers in my iMac give better sound quality! Most disappointing! I'd really like to get some better quality sound equipment but don't really have the budget at the moment!