The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Captain Cynical's CCI GmbH DeepWeb-Investigations present

Unknown Facts About ER Posters

We know that  @jamie92208 was a serving policeman (i.e. "proper copper") before he retired to France.

What is less well known is that his prodigious arrest rate was down to combining two of his much loved hobbies - weight lifting/power training and trainspotting - into one.

_2bb238c9-f7f0-4e99-a414-5dc3b641d192.jpg.3dd9466ea2308b15c7ef134248aa55a8.jpg

Anyone who can bench press a Black 5 without breaking into a sweat has no difficulty in taking down a few skinny scrotes...

And if that's a Black Five...

• Agree 3
  • Funny 11

Everyone knows @Tony_S as an amiable former IT educator with a formidable (in more ways than one) Indian wife.

What is not so well known is that Tony is the Rajkumar (prince) of Romford. This is is a hereditary title bestowed upon Tony's great-great Grandfather Ethelred for saving the life of the Wife and infant son of Shivaji - Maharajah of Thanjavur from a man eating Bengal Tiger. The grateful Maharajah of Thanjavur asked his friend Queen Victoria to allow this honour, which she consented to.

Although the title is mostly ceremonial, it does provide the Rajkuma of Romford with a yearly tithe of Goat Biryani, Channa Dhal, Onion Bhaji, Roti and "a serving of Kulfi as big as a man's head".

_ad23f2c1-7c3c-4c93-8401-f3ecba422502.jpg.b3a3c416cdf116e487066449404c0c14.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

We know that @PupCam unfortunately had A Great Inconvenience with his well-being, quite recently.

What is less well known, is that his misfortune was noted by many British Motorcycle Manfacturers (as Puppers was famous to them for his skill in rebuilding classic British Motorbikes) who - working with skilled surgeons on the NHS - helped rebuild Puppers with parts from their stores inventory....

_6421956c-0128-4fab-b813-210e20100b8e.jpg.4028adcee0201a6af0aaf94546bd9b05.jpg

Edited by iL Dottore
Word missing
  • Like 3
  • Funny 14

We have all come to enjoy @TheQ's daily mention of Ben the "Gosh! Am I famous?" Border Collie. But has anyone noticed that Ben and TheQ never appear in the same photograph together?

It's because (this being Norfolk after all), TheQ and Ben are one and the same!. A Were-Collie!

_69282b8e-7c46-4a3d-9afd-c52c935deaa8.jpg.5da9f527bcfcc5eb8f5c596a5d90e2ad.jpg

Fortunately for us, he is/they are only dangerous to a Bacon Sandwich

Edited by iL Dottore
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Hroth said:
15 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Oh Joy.

Just got my 2024/25 Council Tax Bill...

Big, big ouch....

The blow to Bear is softened a little by the 25% single, sad git discount - but even that is a kickinthenutz.....

14 minutes ago, Hroth said:
1 minute ago, iL Dottore said:

We have all come to enjoy @TheQ's daily mention of Ben the "Gosh! Am I famous?" Border Collie. But has anyone noticed that Ben and TheQ never appear in the same photograph together.

It's because (this being Norfolk after all), TheQ and Ben are one and the same!. A Were-Collie!

_69282b8e-7c46-4a3d-9afd-c52c935deaa8.jpg.5da9f527bcfcc5eb8f5c596a5d90e2ad.jpg

Fortunately for us, he is/they are only dangerous to a Bacon Sandwich

Rumour has it that lumps of cheese have also been known to tremble.....

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 6

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear Here....

Mickey now has four new wellies plus all the wheels are now (hopefully) pointing in the right direction.

Big Ouch.

All I need to do now is avoid the pot holes.....

BG

Wish you luck. I think the councils here are running a competition to see who can 'create' - other terms are available, the biggest one.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

That reminds me. The council I worked for employed a few women gardeners. One of the women was digging a flowerbed when a flasher jumped out from behind some bushes with his fully erect 'tool' in his hand. She done no more than swing the spade and hit him with the back of the spade. He ended up with three broken fingers and his 'tool' was black and blue.

Well done!

Must have cramped his style for a considerable period of time...

A good thing she only batted him, a slicing movement could have been more problematic.

• Like 5
  • Agree 8

7 hours ago, Barry O said:

traffic lights.. which automatically go red for the non existent pedestrians

Portland is contemplating experimenting with a speed-sensitive traffic light timing sequence - in 'high-crash' corridors where most of the pedestrian fatalities occur.

Cars detected as speeding will be presented with a red light at the next intersection. 

I couldn't say whether the timings are well designed to permit free flowing traffic at the speed limit on those streets but I have encountered places where they are.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

Hilly wanderin' wandered - with the regulation pit stop en-route; drooling at the others scoffin' fry ups etc. is against the rules, apparently.  Turdycurses.

The local Amazon T0sser did their usual party trick and dumped the parcel on the doorstep, in full view of any passing scrotes who could've made the effort to take a shufti as they walked past.  There were a couple of recycling boxes about five feet away that would've made rather good hiding places, but no - our intrepid idiot didn't think of that one.....

ION......

The local Plod are holding one of their "Police Surgeries" today.  Where?  In the local branch of Greggs the Bakers......🤣

BG

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Beary update....

I managed to track down the email address (allegedly) of the Amazon UK M.D. .........a snottogram has been sent (with their own delivery photo included) and a "we've received your snottogram" reply has been sent back.

Probably a total waste of time.....we'll see.....

Here endeth the Rant.

Bear gone.

• Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Student loans: UK's highest debt revealed to be £231,000 - BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68534953

It did not ask for details about the individual loan holders' circumstances. However, the person with the highest debt - £231,000 - is known to have studied "multiple courses".

"Professional Uni Student" at the Taxpayer's expense perhaps - with no hope of ever being able to (or intending) to repay the loan?  Be interesting to know just how many courses they've done, what they were and how old the person is.......

• Like 2
  • Agree 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

16 minutes ago, DaveF said:

In the end I went out this morning to a different garden centre where I enjoyed coffee and a cheese scone again along with the usual free biscuit.  I bought some sweet pea plants as I feel it is unlikely that I can sensibly get the compost sorted out to sow my own seeds.  If I change my mind in a few days I will simply end up with a few extra plants, no bad thing.  I also found a couple of paperbacks jumped into the trolley as I walked past, I am sure I didn't see them until I got to the checkout.

I managed to avoid a queue at the nearby roundabout as all the traffic was queueing in the right hand lane but the left hand lane is also marked for the direction they and I were l going in so I used it.  It meant I got past about 12 cars in one go.

Since I got home I have been working on a model, reading, doing a crossword and some gardening.  The soil is far to wet to stand on and I can't bend or get down too easily so I used a long handled grabber to remove a lot of weeds while I stood on the path.  It worked well and my scar didn't hurt doing it.  I must remember that for the future.

It's remained sunny all day, out of the wind it was just warm enough to sit on the garden bench while wearing my fleece.

David

Yes I've noticed that tendancy at traffic lights. Everyone sitting in the right hand lane leaving the inside lane empty all because there's a possibility someone might want to turn left.

• Like 5
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, polybear said:

ION......

The local Plod are holding one of their "Police Surgeries" today.  Where?  In the local branch of Greggs the Bakers......🤣

BG

Do Greggs do donuts?

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-68626046?fbclid=IwAR3BZBycANZzekfd67jDUhn9lSjsRXoRgj9Y6XRx-Fk3-gXOmeUaa1xtvV0

The sad story of the fire is here.

As an aside to that my models are the backside of the world.

Or to be precise just behind the Fire Officers Backside is my model of RAF Neatishead 1958.

• Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11