The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, OwenTheSignal said:

Hi BG,

Same mission here today as well. Missenden newbie, spent the weekend mostly gawping at the craft of fellow modellers, sometimes at watchmaking scale, while I blundered around with my Gauge 3 chunky stuff. Refugee from the sadly postponed painting course, but thoroughly enjoyed the 7mm construction course, especially with Kevin Wilson's help. 

Woke up this morning blinking in the not sunlight trying to process all the new tools I 'need'. Honestly thought before this weekend that regular rows of rivets were due to a steady hand and steadier eye. Rivet embossing tool, constant force and constant pitch, things I never knew I needed...

Stuart

IIRC you were building a Wagon.....

p.s. If it's the GW Models Rivet Tool you were after I'd get in quick - the word is that George is retiring (or may already have?) so they might not be available for much longer.  They're worth every penny, by the way (in fact I'm mystified how he sells them so cheaply)

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Another not bad night last night. Woken up by Arthur Itis after five hours but nothing from bladder control. Arthur went back into his box after a bit of stretching and changing my position and I got another two hours sleep. Will have to check in later with my GP surgery for the results of the sound scan but everythings back to normal now.

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, OwenTheSignal said:

Yes a wagon! D1409 LSWR van, Mike Williams kit in Gauge 3

Awl alert!!!  

Awl required on page what-ever-it-is-now 

🤣

IMG_5984.jpeg.768edfcea7c6efbc3ff7ed97df0e0b61.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

I suppose Gwiwer is squirrelling away the answer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I tried a couple of times this morning to get an update on the sound scan but ended up on  a queue of 18 so I'll try later or tomorrow. A package of unmentionables arrived this morning so now to sort them out. Be back later.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

I suppose Gwiwer is squirrelling away the answer.

It has been said that there is a passing resemblance ..... 

And I have the uncommon distinction of going from red to grey 🤣

• Like 3
  • Funny 14

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

It has been said that there is a passing resemblance ..... 

And I have the uncommon distinction of going from red to grey 🤣

It is my understanding that the grey version is bigger than the red and has a broader diet. Is there any truth to such?

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

It is my understanding that the grey version is bigger than the red and has a broader diet. Is there any truth to such?

You read too much into those old wartime movies. “Over-broad, over-fed and over-here” is a misrepresentation worthy of The Orange Person. 

Over-loud and over-assertive they certainly are. The UK-native reds are by contrast slighter and quieter. Definitely non-aggressive. They’d just like to get on with their nut-burying in peace, thank you, but have found themselves a poor match for their invasive cousins. 

Me?  Always a hearty eater, only territorial if my immediate “patch” is threatened and stridently vocal only when I need to be heard offering calming words over a  cacophony of idiots. 

• Like 17
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Smiffy2 said:

Oh, and we seem to have acquired another cat.

RS2_1797.jpeg

OK, I've spent long enough now.....  I give up - wheres the cat?

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Agree 12
  • Funny 5