The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Go to A&E and wait for several hours.  By time you get seen it should have stopped dripping all over the floor...

Mmmmmm or I could go to A&E and wait for several hours…then pass out due to loss of blood…then get prioritised as a…er…priority. 😂

Edited by Grizz
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Grizz said:

Mmmmmm or I could go to A&E and wait for several hours…then pass out due to loss of blood…then get prioritised as a…er…priority. 😂

Use the drip rate as a "water" clock!

The trouble with superglue is you have to be careful not to weld your fingers to the cut one, holding the wound closed...

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8

Uho, skool boy error number 1….glued the cut ,but also slightly glued the tips of my right index finger and middle finger together. 

Still, primary task objective successfully achieved, it has stopped bleeding. 

Oooo and it is slightly swollen up. Interesting. Mmmm probs should have filming this…you know for one of those YouTube dufuss videos. 

• Friendly/supportive 19

2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Use the drip rate as a "water" clock!

The trouble with superglue is you have to be careful not to weld your fingers to the cut one, holding the wound closed...

Sadly your sage council came slightly too late….🤣

Edited by Grizz
  • Friendly/supportive 17

1 hour ago, Grizz said:

But I am curious what prompted it in the first place.

Fitness minded people were buying pedometers. Apple decided they could make their telephone more indispensable by offering this feature - providing the service all the time by default, without people wearing a extra pedometer.

1 hour ago, Grizz said:

Could this be data harvesting for future private medical insurance? 

The law of unintended consequences suggests that the data could be monetized for those who would find it interesting.

• Informative/Useful 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Gold

I didn’t know there was medical grade superglue. Perhaps I should get some. I do bleed quite,profusely from small cuts. However the last two bleeds have been from my nose so perhaps glue is not a good idea. The last one was while we were out walking. It was rather cold that day and I think that helped it to stop fairly quickly. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Just now, Tony_S said:

I didn’t know there was medical grade superglue. Perhaps I should get some. I do bleed quite,profusely from small cuts. However the last two bleeds have been from my nose so perhaps glue is not a good idea. The last one was while we were out walking. It was rather cold that day and I think that helped it to stop fairly quickly. 

Yeah sadly over the years I have visited our local A&E with various wounds. When I cut my head, they glued it together with medical superglue, rather than stitch it, like they used to. Obviously they clean you up first.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Give it a few days and I should be able to sand the glue off and the cut will have healed. 

I have a feeling that superglue was found useful in treating certain types of battle field injuries…although I do admit that this could just be one of those urban myths…? Anyone know? 

• Like 3
  • Agree 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Yeah sadly over the years I have visited our local A&E with various wounds. When I cut my head, they glued it together with medical superglue, rather than stitch it, like they used to. Obviously they clean you up first.

I have been told that there is no difference.  Just that medical grade costs many times more.  I believe that it was invented to glue wounds together in Vietnam.  Activated by moisture and exposure to air I think. 

Bon courage. 

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 minute ago, jamie92208 said:

I have been told that there is no difference.  Just that medical grade costs many times more.  I believe that it was invented to glue wounds together in Vietnam.  Activated by moisture and exposure to air I think. 

Bon courage. 

Jamie

Thanks Jamie…😊

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Bon courage. 

Jamie

I'd heard about the 'Nam link, I suppose it makes sense, you need to close wounds quickly in a humid jungle environment to prevent nasty little insects laying eggs in open wounds...

• Like 6
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Ta Da….

10IMG_3476.jpeg.16938f8f231f1c001329f16de4c94898.jpeg

I have several similar scars on my left index finger from when I was about 10 or so.  The one on my right hand was from accidentally hitting someone's glasses in a fight at school.   

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

11 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I have several similar scars on my left index finger from when I was about 10 or so.  The one on my right hand was from accidentally hitting someone's glasses in a fight at school.   

Jamie

As I was asked the other day……..did you win? 

• Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I had a walk along some of the nearby streets during which I saw a nice bungalow for sale.  I don't want to move now but have looked up the price for interest.  It is quite a bit smaller than my house but is nearly twice the price. 

I wonder how many Bungalows actually get built nowadays, apart from one-off's or very small, top-end developments?  Nottalot I suspect.

• Like 9
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Grizz said:

Just cut a 10mm slice in the tip of my right index finger with a Stanley knife. 

A surgical cut, probs 2mm deep. Worrying it didn’t hurt.

Last time i did something like this I used no nonsense industrial super glue and glued it shut, after first cleaning it up. There didn’t appear to be any side effects. 

Now my question is, bearing in mind that this isn’t medical superglue, is this exceedingly dangerous or an acceptable risk? I need it to stop bleeding and I need to be able to use my finger fairly quickly. 

Answers…not on a post card please….

File this for future reference , found with google .

Super glue can be a viable option if used under the right circumstances (small and clean cut, not too deep and not infectious). If you choose to use household super glue or even over-the-counter adhesive products, do so with caution and full understanding of the risks, including infection and scarring.

• Informative/Useful 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. A bit late but some eyelid inspection took place after I got home from Tess Coes. Now for dinner, quiche and chips.

• Like 15