The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Something which is always interesting and quite healthy is to consider other perspectives of the world. If you look at news, influences and opinion articles in other countries you tend to see a different view of the world. Different doesn't mean right or better (it may be, it may not be, it may be all b*ll*x) but it does demonstrate that there are multiple perspectives and others have reasons for how they view the world.

• Like 14
  • Agree 4

35 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Its a f*&$*&ed up world mate!

On another subject, I'm halfway through watching the Barbie movie right now - more enjoyable than expected!

Mate, that’s exactly what I meant. Be open to things……..and right now you are open to ‘Barbie’…and that’s cool. 

The complete other end of the spectrum would be what I’m watching at the moment, ‘The Man in the High Castle’…

Which is completely ‘fudged up’ right there. 

….If Tango God Baby gets back, in this won’t be a billion miles wide of what could happen. 

Edited by Grizz
Auto correct
  • Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 minute ago, PhilJ W said:

Not surprising perhaps with all the rain in Southern California.

But don't go drinking it, its saltier than seawater.

Wow….😮 

• Like 7
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Too many trying to manipulate others. 

That’s the rub isn’t it.

With some not motivated enough to try to think for themselves .  Too busy lapping up whatever bile the algorithm that YouTube/X (nee Twitter)/Facebook*, delete as appropriate, so willingly and generously churns out.  

I know there isn’t a ‘golden age’ some 50-60 years ago of peace and tolerance, but God**, humanity could and should be a whole lot better than it currently seems to be.

* declaring an interest, number 1 son works for Meta, Facebook’s parent company and he’s not happy with how the company is focussed. 

** whichever one you adopt or don’t, as the case may be.

Edited by 4630
  • Like 12
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

I am on EBay.sg looking for military grade gas masks. There's a glut of durian at the moment so they're as cheap as chips meaning Mrs JJB is taking full advantage. She had some yesterday and the kitchen still stinks of the stuff🙁

Please forgive my ignorance, but obviously as so often with food there is a great difference between the smell and the taste. May I ask is this a case of it tastes as bad as it smells? I realise that when asking this, it is all subjective, but that said, is it? 

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, 4630 said:

That’s the rub isn’t it.

With some not motivated enough to try to think for themselves .  Too busy lapping up whatever bile the algorithm that YouTube/X (nee Twitter)/Facebook*, delete as appropriate, so willingly and generously churns out.  

Throw in a large dose of brainwashing since Day One, being controlled by those in power (and intend to stay there - Russia/North Korea/Iran etc etc.) and people making oodles controlling others makes for nottalota chance of changing things.

• Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

' afternoon all from red dragon land.

Sunny 5.5C. Nice in the sun though I only went out to the bins.

So lazy today but lunch is had and there is Henry to get into action before my toot on the flute. Just hope I can keep up with the beat, today! If 36 bpm seems slow, think of it this way, when I tap my foot it will be at 144 bpm to keep those 1/4 notes in time. In my earlier days of piano and Western flute music, 120 bpm could be noted above the score but I do not ever recall playing things at anywhere near that speed! "Do not do fast" became my motto. A right turn around, now.

Best get a move on. Other things to do as well.

Take care. Be good. Take it easy.

Polly

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

Lunch at an excellent Vietnamese restaurant, Hue style hot noodle soup, delicious. I have no idea if the recipe has ever seen Hue (though the people who run it are Vietnamese) but it is excellent.  Something about SE Asian food is if the menu describes something as 'hot' or 'spicy' it probably is.....

20240302_132126.jpg

Is that a primordial soup?  🤔

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Is that a primordial soup?  🤔

It didn't stay in the bowl long enough to find out.

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jjb1970 said:

Something about SE Asian food is if the menu describes something as 'hot' or 'spicy' it probably is...

Aditi sometimes makes a soup like that. Not sure where she got the recipe but it is probably only safe to consume if you have blocked sinuses or a bad cold. Aditi doesn’t really like very spicy food but will do so for medicinal reasons. 

• Like 19

2 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I am on EBay.sg looking for military grade gas masks. There's a glut of durian at the moment so they're as cheap as chips meaning Mrs JJB is taking full advantage. She had some yesterday and the kitchen still stinks of the stuff🙁

Selling well in Penang as well, not many left on this stall. Wasn’t feeling hungry and thought the security team on gangway wouldn’t allow me to take some onboard the ship. Pity 😉

IMG_8893.jpeg.f598f03ce12a88aa81bd4338c673e497.jpeg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

No precipitation, which has been a nice change, notalota wind either though.

Forecast  0 to 5 mph. and that was over generous. North westerly, which it wasnt it was south westerly to westerly.. sometimes.

Race 1, course 3p, 2p, 5p... Unfortunately odd numbers are on the western side of the broad, so buoy 5 was in a total wind shadow....

General allcomers as so few had turned out in the light winds. Norfolk Punt, Solo, 2 yeoman and a variety of lasers.

Started mid fleet. Drifted up to buoy 3 having over taken a couple of lasers,  tack round the outside of another. Slowly over took several other lasers, up into 3rd at buoy 2, tacked and slowly drifted up to buoy 5, just as we were rounding a puffette of wind turned up, and we drifted sideways onto the buoy. Went a few yards down wind spun slowly around, had difficulty stopping the boat continuing spinning. Continued on , lost a couple of places, then regained them. 

Next lap a laser got in our way it didn't have rights and...

It caused us to drift into that buoy again...

Lost a couple of places while spinning slowly, did another lap, didn't make the places up  finished.

Race 2, course 3p, 4p, 2p, Np.

Started mid fleet again, slowly, very slowly, ended up second to last by buoy 3, gained a couple of places on the way to 4, drifted even slower to buoy 2,, not to bad sailed to buoy N, tacked to head to buoy 3 lost a lot of ground, drifted and crossed the line 3rd to last..

Lunch time, we didn't go out again but a few lasers did.

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/03/2024 at 11:57, iL Dottore said:

...So, the Old and Still Nasty line up really is as follows

• Tom Torpedo of the Boat Strokers (aka @TheQ) on keyboards.
  • Tomboy Harridan of the Pink Polar Bears (aka Polina Bear, cousin of @polybear) on drums.
  • Beezer of the Psychotic Bimbler (aka @PupCam) on rhythm guitar.
  • Screaming Eagle of Afterburner (aka @Dave Hunt) on vocals.
  • Blunt Scalpel of the Döctörs of Destructiön (possibly @iL Dottore?) on lead guitar.

Well. I've dug out the old photos:

Tom Torpedo of the Boat Strokers (aka @TheQ) on keyboards.

_9ed04777-5ac0-4564-b9e4-c184cee6e81e.jpg.75aae79a280d392c80215dadc438bb06.jpg

Rick Wakeman, Keith Emerson - eat your heart out!

• Funny 16

Tomboy Harridan of the Pink Polar Bears (aka Polina Bear, cousin of @polybear) on drums

_2dc91537-fef4-42fa-bb87-c305366cc4d4.jpg.e823994188f42f6484510cf431a08e72.jpg

This photo was taken seconds before the infamous episode when she head-butted (and broke the nose of) a BBC reporter who was trying to take some of her cake.

I think @polybear would have approved.

Edited by iL Dottore
extra text
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14