The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, from the far northern reaches of our country. Closer to Scotland here than to the south of our fine isle.  You can superimpose us on Australia and never find us again!

5c and dry, looks like a decent if chilly day is to be had.

No orders of the day have been left, so maybe some mudelling and a walk somewhere is on the cards.

If you use the North West Today weather map, you're apparently closer to Barrow in Furness....

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

I must confess to being envious, I can think of no place I'd rather be near than to Barrow-in-Furness. Well, maybe Pyong Yang.

I could have mentioned the Capital of the Readybrek kids, Sellafield!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Seven hours sleep in all last night with only one interruption from bladder control.  Just got to get together a few bits before going to collect the new car this afternoon. Now a few things to do before then so its be back later.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

In the same way Australia actually ends at Norfolk Island to the east. Its part of NSW and votes in the electorate of Canberra in federal elections, despite being 1500km offshore.  ...  (also possibly holds up for adding Hawaii into any calculations of USA width!)  🤔

Well if we are going to play the big boy version of my dad is bigger than yours and using voting rights as the basis for physical geography, I will raise your Norfolk Island  with Madeira and the Azores (Portuguese autonomous states), French Guyana, Guadalupe, Mayotte, Martinique and Reunion (French departements overseas -DOM).  Not only with voting rights within Europe but also appear on the map of the EU as printed on bank notes.  😁

• Like 9
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Mmmmmmmm...

A muggatea and a hot, toasted and buttered, Hot Cross Bun!

Traditional? Chocolate? Fruit Free? Gluten Free? Unspiced?  

Your posts lacks sufficient information in this modern world.

• Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

The cockatoos are busy demolishing someones flowering tree down the road which has given other varieties of parrots the chance to move in and stare at me pathetically through the window until I give them  an almond.

image.png.b32d48030c75ffa2b4b7107009dcafa4.png

They all know you're a soft touch!

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

29 minutes ago, Hroth said:

They all know you're a soft touch!

BUT!    once I have my trained birdy  airforce under my command I shall be unstoppable!! I will  be able to command them to do things like ummm... like ummmmm.... 

hmmmmmm

Adding it up,  I am spending about 20 bucks a week on almonds, parrot pellets and mince for my flying minions and apart from those couple of times I got them to poo on the  @polybear car for the LOLs,  I have just realised that they aren't pulling their weight.

OK, there was that  one magpie that did at least try to teach me to talk magpie in return for food , but he wasn't impressed by my feeble attempts to mimic him and he gave up in disgust at the end.

. Actually for all I know he was teaching me magpie swear words  or just R2D2 sound effects so even he probably doesnt count.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

Traditional? Chocolate? Fruit Free? Gluten Free? Unspiced?  

Your posts lacks sufficient information in this modern world.

For lack of clarity you could just lock him up, then feed him a figgin and ask if he wants it toasted 🤣

• Like 5
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

If @jjb1970 was to dig down from Singapore he would end up in Ecuador.

Not without good cause is Ecuador known as the Singapore of Latin America,  sharing the same qualities of low crime and corruption.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

BUT!    once I have my trained birdy  airforce under my command I shall be unstoppable!! I will  be able to command them to do things like ummm... like ummmmm.... 

hmmmmmm

Adding it up,  I am spending about 20 bucks a week on almonds, parrot pellets and mince for my flying minions and apart from those couple of times I got them to poo on the  @polybear car for the LOLs,  I have just realised that they aren't pulling their weight.

OK, there was that  one magpie that did at least try to teach me to talk magpie in return for food , but he wasn't impressed by my feeble attempts to mimic him and he gave up in disgust at the end.

. Actually for all I know he was teaching me magpie swear words  or just R2D2 sound effects so even he probably doesnt count.

Is that the one called the "Rusty-Gate" bird?

1 minute ago, zarniwhoop said:

For lack of clarity you could just lock him up, then feed him a figgin and ask if he wants it toasted 🤣

Arghhhhh!!! (cowers in a corner, terrified...)

It was traditional, naturally!

You can't toast the chocolate ones, the chocolate melts and runs out all over the bottom of the toaster...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, zarniwhoop said:

People were talking about the exit gates at Sainsbury's. My local branch has had those for several months. Generally a pin in the proverbial and tending to need to get a guard to let people out.

But for the last 3 weeks, every time I've gone in there one of the exit gates has been open. Hope that continues.

Meanwhile, they reintroduced £1-in-the-slot trolleys a few months ago, which is really annoying.

You often find trollies with over-large trolley tokens jammed in the slot for free!

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

5 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

Not without good cause is Ecuador known as the Singapore of Latin America,  sharing the same qualities of low crime and corruption.

It also has some surprising wildlife facts.

The Amazonian Tapir is the only other mammal  apart from man that has had its fingerprints discovered at a crime scene.

The Ecuadorian Two-toed sloth, despite having only two toes, thinks in hexidecimal.

The Capybaras, despite being the largest rodent in the world, has never been caught in a mouse trap. 

The Blue Footed Booby despite its name actually has no breasts. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Hroth said:

If you use the North West Today weather map, you're apparently closer to Barrow in Furness....

They must have drawn that after a really windy day before we got the tugs to pull us back.  I think next closest after the Isle of Whithorn (Jockalia) is probably St Bees, over your way.  I'm up in the top bit of Fraggle Rock BTW.

• Like 15
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2