The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

She is only a year and 3 days old so she may grow more but I am not sure. You would not recognise the bunch of losers unless you watch X factor.

I think at about that age Robbie had grown upwards as much as he was going to but continued to grow a bit more solid looking. He has never had any excess fat. His records indicate he is about a kilo heavier now than when he was 2 but he really doesn't show any signs of age in appearance.

I haven't seen X factor. My mum used to like Hughie Green and Opportunity Knocks. That was enough for my lifetime intake of talent shows.

Morning all,

I am so glad I don't have TV in the apartment (well I do but the signal is so poor and the choice of channels limited to "Bollywood" soaps.................) Cant say I really miss it.

Anyway it's "Environmental day" day again (last Saturday in the month) so bit of a lie in this morning. Then a round of site visits.......enjoy what you're up to today.

Trev

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Miserable and wet outside, so I, too, lay in for a bit longer this morning. Some coursework to do later on, too.

Dd - be sure you never catch the attention of the tabloids! :D :O

Cheers everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, just noshing some Weetabix before trundling of to Skateland (Portsmouth) with eldavo to unleash Waton onto the poor unsuspecting public. Should be fun, it always is, lots of little wheels to swear at.

Morning all, a bit wet and wild in the night just damp now

lucky man......

Agree about celebrities (it's why I put 'well known' as a qualifier).

There now seem to be endless anonymous people paraded as celebrities.

They are announced as 'stars'.

I'm old enough to remember when a 'star' usually came from the US - folk like Henry Fonda, James Stewart, John Wayne etc.,.

How they offer some bloke who owns a restaurant on the edge of bankruptcy, or some woman with a swollen face where it's been injected with poison as 'celebrities' beats me.

Some seem to have done absolutely nothing except appear in some gossip magazine for rubberneckers.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, just noshing some Weetabix before trundling of to Skateland (Portsmouth) with eldavo to unleash Waton onto the poor unsuspecting public. Should be fun, it always is, lots of little wheels to swear at.

lucky man......

If only you knew how far off the mark that idea was.......

Morning all....Dry and bright this morning. Could be some more baseboard work today, otherwise all quiet on the western front. Had a good chuckle last night at Robin Williams on Graham Norton. Manic would be an understatement...

Have a good one lads...

We have sparks and flashes coming from the power lines outside.

Manweb are on their way but the lights have been flickering inside too so it looks a bit dodgy.

High winds and rain are the cause.

This computer is surge protected but I have a feeling that we are going to be without electricity shortly so could someone watch the F1 for me tomorrow?

Yep, Dd, hope to manage that for you!

Going to the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena at Ratho tomorrow for 3 hours' instruction in lead climbing but am hoping to be back in time for the lights going out in Sao Paolo... And hopefully going back on in deepest darkest Wales!

• RMweb Gold

I'm definitely confused by this F1 season, I keep thinking that we must have had the last race and another one appears. Clearly I'm not paying attention.

My three hours wandering round Brentwood wasn't too bad. It was a lot cooler once the wind started. The High St was closed for a Christmas Fair / Farmers Market and celebration of the lights going up. The wind was proving too much for some exhibitors gazebo type tents. All the roadworks on the NE bit of the M25 are complete so it didn't take long to get to Enfield.

I'm not too sure what we'll be doing tomorrow. I'm sure Aditi will think of something.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

It's surprisingly balmy at about 5°, but slightly windy and I guess it's not unlikely that we'll be seeing some rain later on. We're also planning to bake some cookies, now that the Christmas season has officially started.

Cheers everyone...

Update:

Manweb turned out with three large vehicles about midnight.

They immediately identified the problem and, with the help of a cherry picker, fixed it in under half an hour - without disconnection (too much hassle!!!)

I took them out a hot drink and the mugs were half empty when I got there.

Rather them than me. The weather was wild.

All amazing but ... and here is a real coincidence ... their previous call was to a good friend who lives 20 miles away.

Still dark so I can't see if there is any other outside damage but I don't think so.

So, unless tennis is on at the same time (when SWMBO's interest will take preference) I get to watch the F1.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Lead climbing Mike?

My word, you are going up in the world..

Dd, should SWMBO have to be obeyed, and your Internet connection is of a reasonable speed you can usually watch the F1 on the BBC website.

Thanks, BoD.

Although I can do that (I think) I don't find it quite the same as I generally doze off about lap 38.

When I awake some time later, they are still going around in the same order so I think it's a form of out of body editing.

Morning all...

Glad to hear your risk of power cuts has abated DD.

Thought I had got away with it, but woke this morning with an absolute stinking cold thanks to some considerate passengers that sat opposite us on the London train during the week. The joys of public transport... :mad:

I think I'll become a hermit...

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is very blustery here this morning but it is quite warm.

Robbie seems to be a bit quiet last night and this morning, not his usual bouncy self. He doesn't really want to get out of his basket but he did go out eventually. If he doesn't perk up I'll take him to the vet tomorrow. Our normal vet is super but the "out of hours" vet doesn't inspire me with confidence. I'll see how he responds to the offer of a walk later.

Dd, glad your electricity was sorted out. Although the cables in our road are underground, most of Benfleet has cables above ground on poles. We used to notice flickering in windy weather but not so often now, perhaps all the dodgy ones are fixed now.

Tony