The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, and a HB to 60103.

As for amusing singers - Fascinating Aida, but there is a severe bad language warning on some.  They look like such sweet middle aged ladies too.

Windy here, ferries off again, and may be until after C**&%£"s - oh dear, panic time.  We'll all starve, etc.  Maybe some folk will break into the baked bean and bog roll mine they still have in their lofts, after covid.

FA - NSFW but also Not Safe For Polite Company either...

As for the westron wynd, apparently the Irish Sea is going to be a tad rough and windy for at least the next three days.  Better wrap up warm and huddle indoors!

Just start worrying if the land starts rocking, the anchors might not be holding...

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

53 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Gosh!

A banana-car! 

Don't make me come up there!

You in a car park:  " I wonder where DID I park, I'm sure it was .... no maybe dowwn here?    I'm sure it was here somewhere Hmmm,    I DO remember going past that  druggie  guy lying  there but I'm SURE that it wasn't too far from that  .. no, I give up, I'll just  have to buy a new one". 

Me in a car park: "I wonder whe  ... There it is! "

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Gosh!

A banana-car! 

We were at a Renault dealer once looking at sensible family cars when Aditi noticed one of the the Megane cabriolets in bright yellow. She announced something like “oh look at that lovely custard car”.  The salesman said “ it is called sunflower yellow”.  Aditi told him they would probably sell more if were called custard yellow”. We bought a Scenic, it was red. 

• Like 14
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

We were at a Renault dealer once looking at sensible family cars when Aditi noticed one of the the Megane cabriolets in bright yellow. She announced something like “oh look at that lovely custard car”.  The salesman said “ it is called sunflower yellow”.  Aditi told him they would probably sell more if were called custard yellow”. We bought a Scenic, it was red. 

In the alternative  motoring universe that was Australian muscle cars of the 70's we had brilliant colours, and even better names for them. 

For instance this  1970's version of my ute yellow was called   "Yellow, Dolly!"

image.png.7ae771da2c17c004925f8274f4df6901.png

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Hroth said:

As for the westron wynd, apparently the Irish Sea is going to be a tad rough and windy for at least the next three days.  Better wrap up warm and huddle indoors!

Indeed, the UK has been cut off several times this week already, and the Steam Packet are saying the seaweed twirlers are saying it will be dodgy right up until the big day.  On top of this the crews are threatening industrial action, as they are being told to live on board for a few days (IIRC 4) rather than change each day/night.  No sympathy from me, we did 4 - 5 months.

It's not cold here today, 10c, but drizzly and windy, not gales but a stiff wind.  The boat has sailed, but it's not going tonight as they don't want to dent it, it's brand new.  The keyboard warriors are out in force on faceache of course, including one (with a Manx surname) saying as it sailed from Alaska where it was built, why can't it manage the Irish Sea?  Alaska??????????? In South Korea? #Big Sigh#  They live amongst us.

• Friendly/supportive 16

13 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

like Chimpy, I'm all in favour of yellow vehicles, helps find them in a car bike park.

20220607_121427.jpg.a0fa036cc417f3a2ef9c8f67800f40f8.jpg

My only yellow motorbike story - 

In the mid 80's my  brother had a yellow Ducati something or other. (I am not a bike guy...).

Being the family black sheep he got kicked out but lived above a bike repair shop that the coppers took their BMW whatever-they-had (I am not a bike bloke!)  police bikes to, to make them  "go a bit faster". 

Apparently due to his police bike tuning skills my brother pretty much got the green light as far as  never getting officially  pinged for going 100kmh above the speed limit or whatever, whenever he gave his name to whatever  Highway patrol bloke who pulled him over.

AH, the 1980's NSW police - as they say - the best police force money could buy!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

My late Mil had a bright yellow Renault Clio..aka the "yellow peril". She loved it..so did Ias it meant I could see her before she saw me.

My late Mum could be sea sick watching the opening credits on the onedin  line.  She once emptied her stomach ona Tyne Ferry..the river was a millpond...

Only time ihave been close to being  airsick was in an American Airlines commuter flight (win props,high Tail) from Orlando to Miami across the tailend of a mega thunderstorm ..a tad bumpy....

Gas man has been. We should have had a text yesterday to tell us too many call outs meant it was rescheduled for today... erm no problemo in this case .

Hope @polybearis OK..  he did say he was wrestling with a black dog...

TTFN

Baz

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Don't make me come up there!

You in a car park:  " I wonder where DID I park, I'm sure it was .... no maybe dowwn here?    I'm sure it was here somewhere Hmmm,    I DO remember going past that  druggie  guy lying  there but I'm SURE that it wasn't too far from that  .. no, I give up, I'll just  have to buy a new one". 

Me in a car park: "I wonder whe  ... There it is! "

28 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

In the alternative  motoring universe that was Australian muscle cars of the 70's we had brilliant colours, and even better names for them. 

For instance this  1970's version of my ute yellow was called   "Yellow, Dolly!"

image.png.7ae771da2c17c004925f8274f4df6901.png

9 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

like Chimpy, I'm all in favour of yellow vehicles, helps find them in a car bike park.

20220607_121427.jpg.a0fa036cc417f3a2ef9c8f67800f40f8.jpg

But what if ALL the vehicles in the car/bike park are Custard Yellow©Aditi?

🤣

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

But what if ALL the vehicles in the car/bike park are Custard Yellow©Aditi?

🤣

Because the human race is not like that. There are innovators/people who do stuff   and there are people who just watch them do it. 

When Captain Cook went off to discover Australia etc, did the rest of you there all go "We are going off to discover Australia too!" ? No you didn't, you just watched him do it.

When @New Haven Neil bought a yellow motorbike, did you all say "I'm off  to buy one too!" ?    No you didn't, you just watched him do it.

I can confidently say that we owners of yellow vehicles will never ever be unable to find them in public car parks, due to the rest of the population not having  whatever it is that  it takes  to get up off the lounge and  purchase  yellow things. 

With me it started early, my first car was yellow, once hooked at that young age I had no hope,

12.JPG.d4f909693fd6fe47e9026558ed1654ab.JPG

I am forever grateful to our local carmakers for maintaining fun colours up until they got the bullet.

At least we went down with all guns blazing, colour - wise.

image.png.a3d822d412bcca49fb8c4151d0642551.png

Now we wander a barren  landscape of white, greys and silver thanks to our foreign carmaking masters

. Its like Dr Who when the Cybermen suck everyones brains out. 

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

I don’t have much trouble finding my car in the car park either. 

IMG_2788.jpeg.6d929d4ccd053459f54a7fa1358bac5f.jpeg

But as you can all see, it’s NOT yellow! 

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I don't really like anything much that is coloured yellow......apart from lemon tarts and custard.

Annoying yellow coloured  things that we dont like either.

image.png.be739c0effda17edc815094ca860e4c1.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Now we wander a barren  landscape of white, greys and silver

Same here, except black should be added to your list. I have to look for other clues in car parks for mine to distinguish it from other black 4x4 boxes. It has two shark fin aerials on the roof but that isn’t a great help. There is a “find my car” phone option but I can usually rely on Aditi. Must be her training as a geographer. 

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Surely you should be buying things in "improved engine green" © Stroudley.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Graphic unmentionable image to follow.  Please look away now if you are easily offended. 

@New Haven Neil  Especially you Neil!  😂IMG_4614.JPG.440984756f6353a8e5e40068ca303dac.JPG

Very pretty, almost makes me wish I'd got a Terrier rather than a 14xx!

Did you know that Hattons are flogging Dapol O gauge black livery Terriers for "only" 150 quid?

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Graphic unmentionable image to follow.  Please look away now if you are easily offended. 

@New Haven Neil  Especially you Neil!  😂IMG_4614.JPG.440984756f6353a8e5e40068ca303dac.JPG

Being from an alternative universe that knows not of your railway ways,   what does the mottled  finish  represent -  timber?

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 8