The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Tony_S said:

We are going to Iceland in the summer so I imagine Aditi will be planning the packing for any weather possibilities. Not sure what to wear for volcanic fallout though. 

21 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Simples .

Fireproof.jpg.a96aae0458f0b934213054d1c98428b1.jpg

14 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Depends on the type of fallout.

Inadequate for lava bombs. Even hard hats are inadequate.

As they say in improv, "Yes, and"

During the Kilauea eruptions some years back some fool took a tour boat too close. One of the tourist passengers had a broken leg when a lava bomb penetrated the 'roof' of the tour boat and hit the passenger. 23 were injured. Shorter video news story.

Now I could be wrong but , I think Tony and I were just being amusing with our

comments .   But hey ho .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Christmas wrapping paper is getting thinner...

I've a little Yamaha flute like that, but I've never got the hang of the transverse embrochure.  Its nice to hear it played properly!

• Like 11
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BSW01 said:

As for bangers getting smaller, I buy ours from our local butcher, great value and good for local businesses. They are ‘hand’ (all right, with a sausage making machine) made in the shop, so they are never the same size anyway. However they are the best sausages we’ve ever had, they’ve also won dozens of awards for them too, including ‘ national champion more than once! 

Why isn't there a GREEN with envy button?

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The Items* that I was told would be delivered Wednesday have just been delivered. So I've got to urgently move a few things around to make space for them, I was hoping to to clear things for them tomorrow. *Three 'Really Useful' 35 litre storage boxes.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The Items* that I was told would be delivered Wednesday have just been delivered. So I've got to urgently move a few things around to make space for them, I was hoping to to clear things for them tomorrow. * Three 'Really Useful' 35 litre storage boxes.

I must have more stuff to store, I got two 64 litre boxes from B&M on Canvey a week ago. Still haven’t put anything in them though. I can’t summon up the enthusiasm to,go out to the garage and tidy up. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BSW01 said:

As for bangers getting smaller, I buy ours from our local butcher, great value and good for local businesses. They are ‘hand’ (all right, with a sausage making machine) made in the shop, so they are never the same size anyway. However they are the best sausages we’ve ever had, they’ve also won dozens of awards for them too, including national champion more than once! 

While rummaging in the freezer the sausages I found are 400g packs with 6 sausages. Despite the brand name they aren’t actually produced by the Duke of Cornwall. 

• Like 15
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Now I could be wrong but , I think Tony and I were just being amusing with our

comments .   But hey ho .

I probably was attempting to be slightly amusing about Aditi’s choice of clothing for holidays but I am always happy to learn something from following comments.  
When we went to:the  Canary Islands, Aditi was really excited to see all the volcanic features she had taught about years before when she was a geography lecturer. 
Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Well I've sorted out the boxes so tomorrow I've got to fill them. Not only have I got to fill them but to re-allocate stuff from the other boxes.

Should keep you occupied in the run up to Christmas, there's nothing on the telly as there is...

I was watching a* Bargain Hunt "Christmas Special" whilst eating my lunch today.  It was so christmassy that the deciduous trees in shot still seemed to have all their leaves...

* I said "the" but there's probably more** all week...

** Monday and Friday are new, the rest are christmas themed repeats.

Edited by Hroth
a thort... Tidied up on proper computer
  • Like 14

29 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I probably was attempting to be slightly amusing about Aditi’s choice of clothing for holidays but I am always happy to learn something from following comments.  
When we went to:the  Canary Islands, Aditi was really excited to see all the volcanic features she had taught about years before when she was a geography lecturer. 
Tony

There's something really rather powerful about seeing something you've studied in the flesh so to speak. Even the Falmouth Ria and Malham, both of which came up in my Geography O level.

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1