The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

49 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

image.png.6feeb17e043c2aee2ab7b72a4a08ce7d.png
That combination of colour looks remarkably similar to,the scheme chosen by a colleague for  our office in the mid 1980s He was the only one in  when the “choose a colour” chart came round. He wasn’t ever allowed near one again. 

Was called "Strike Me Pink!" in Chryslers option list.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Yes Phil. we were savers there and had to close the account.

Chances of me using digital banking - nil.  Not after paying for pizzas and mobile phone bills in Paris - not bad considering I was in hospital in the UK having hip surgery at the time.  Pah.

Hopefully they refunded you....

• Agree 13

13 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Better break the bong out later as a mark of respect  to BZ 😜

I recall "Inglan Is A Bitch" was the song on high rotation back then down  here, possibly due to Bob Willis and Geoff Boycott. 

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

Cream -  feel  the difference. If only it had a V8 in there.

Screenshot(201).png.ce9a0e11c46fdb7bfd3efc9f4136cc26.png

It  would wipe thousands of ££££ off the value . A good example will go for in excess of £50,000 these days .

• Like 6
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

41 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

It  would wipe thousands of ££££ off the value . A good example will go for in excess of £50,000 these days .

Top tip for making  mad stax of cash.  

Buy this ,currently on sale up there

Screenshot(202).png.6a1529fd5764f421f22e172b147c7027.png

Ship it down here  where we go mental for anything Aussie with a V8 in it and sell it.

Screenshot(204).png.81ed660951687c1ac8e0cda39f2c02b3.png

Fill your bath with the profits, get naked and roll around  in it. 

But I get a cut.  (BEFORE your roll around in it) 

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 9
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

image.png.f12328bd0d6b0c78e1c15beb0e81d692.png

image.png.63257e6d916fb72053afe898f4763d80.png

I can see why it used to be possible to,DiY on a Cortina. The lower photo is the engine bay on the,same model as my car, mine is black. It is a 2 litre engine and there isn’t much space. 

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, PupCam said:

No doubt our attempts to stem the march to "do everything online/on the App" is futile but at least we've got the morale high ground.

As I may have mentioned once or twice IT IS WRONG TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THOSE THAT CAN'T OR WON'T DO EVERYTHING ONLINE and in other areas of life apparently any form of discrimination is wrong and quite rightly so.

2 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Chances of me using digital banking - nil.  Not after paying for pizzas and mobile phone bills in Paris - not bad considering I was in hospital in the UK having hip surgery at the time.  Pah.

And Puppers wheels out his long playing, broken record once again ....

The answer isn't always the F............ Internet!    The quicker those in-charge realise, the better it will be.     Yes, I know, a lost cause but I don't care it's still wrong (just like the idea of the universal battery powered electric car but that's a different rant).

Alan

• Like 12
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Just had a bit of a ruck with British gas on this kind of thing, their "exciting new online account" malarkey, after a couple of laborious contacts with their outsourced "customer service" droids somewhere in the far flung orient, I managed to get back to a nice bill, sent thru the post, that I can pay with cash at the post office, as I've always done quite satisfactorily. 

Paid in late, after the due date, purely as they couldn't /wouldn't send the physical bill without a load of nagging from myself. 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Christmas? Bah, Humbug!

Christmas always plays havoc with my waistline, as there are far too many "treats" - both savoury and sweet - to indulge in. Fortunately, I am not a great lover of sweet things but even so, nibbling at all the savoury treats soon puts on the pounds.

Having met PB in person, for someone whose diet appears to be entirely comprised of cake, beanz, pizza and fries. I was surprised that he is half the size you'd expect from a Bear on such a high-carb, high-calorie diet has a right to be.

I first thought that he must have an overclocked metabolism or summat, then the ominous creakings of a whalebone corset under immense duress became heard and all was made clear....

_100fd9ff-4151-4749-bf41-9986722b47e3.jpg.0d11c5c77f91a984b8608f5c1d92ba0f.jpg

Well I suppose it's an alternative to giving up the LDC

Edited by iL Dottore
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

3 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Christmas? Bah, Humbug!

Christmas always plays havoc with my waistline, as there are far too many "treats" - both savoury and sweet - to indulge in. Fortunately, I am not a great lover of sweet things but even so, nibbling at all the savoury treats soon puts on the pounds.

Having met PB, in person for someone whose diet appears to be entirely comprised of cake, beanz, pizza and fries. I was surprised that he is half the size you'd expect from a Bear on such a high- carb, high calorie has a right to be.

I first thought that he must have an overclocked metabolism or summat, then the ominous creakings of a whalebone corset under immense duress became heard and all was made clear....

_100fd9ff-4151-4749-bf41-9986722b47e3.jpg.0d11c5c77f91a984b8608f5c1d92ba0f.jpg

Well I suppose it's an alternative to giving up LDC

Does that come with the detachable suspenders? 

(asking for a friend... ) 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Still overcast but no rain at least. Washing is in the machine and ready to go but not until this evening when the lower electricity rates kick in. Now to see what I can find in the back of the fridge for dinner.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Tony_S said:

image.png.6feeb17e043c2aee2ab7b72a4a08ce7d.png
That combination of colour looks remarkably similar to,the scheme chosen by a colleague for  our office in the mid 1980s He was the only one in  when the “choose a colour” chart came round. He wasn’t ever allowed near one again. 

There was a craze in the 90's to paint cells in that colour.  10minutes I  there was supposed to calm folk down. 

Jamie

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

There was a craze in the 90's to paint cells in that colour.  10minutes I  there was supposed to calm folk down. 

Jamie

I think on our local authority paint chart it was called something like "crushed mulberry"  . 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Ah, that'll 'splain it!

wx2.JPG.69684cf097e8b3d285bcdf7b90cb2182.JPG

Its been like that all day here too, the afternoon has been black, and now its 3 minutes to sunset its even blacker....

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 6

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

I think on our local authority paint chart it was called something like "crushed mulberry"  . 

That would similar to our local council who paint there vehicles a similar colour. They say it's magenta I won't tell you what we call it but it ain't magenta.

• Like 6
  • Funny 1