The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

I’m still feeling a bit rough, it’s definitely a cold I’ve got, pah. So I’m going to have another day of unspecified pottering.

Back later. 

Brian

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Up well late this morning, 08:30. Usually bladder control gives the alarm an hour earlier but now they're falling down on the job. That means I missed out on the weather news, not serious as I will not be venturing out today. I notice however that the BBC 24hour news has taken over BBC2. 

• Like 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Had lunch in an odd restaurant today, the Chinese EV manufacturer BYD have teamed up with a local restaurant to open a BYD themed restaurant. A rather odd idea, eating in somewhere that feels like a car showroom without the cars but the food was actually very good. I had hainanese curry which was excellent. That said one of the young ladies in our team (it was an office trip out for lunch) ordered pork belly, the waited suggested the portion was very small and I suggested that if a waiter warns you the portion size is small you might want to thinkk about ordering a complementary dish but she assured me it would be fine. She got two slices of not especially generous pork belly, oh dear...... Weirdly the curry was very generous.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

I'm working on episode 5 of the JJB Report, this one exposes a new religious cult, headed by a mysterious figure known only as Sam, a mystic shamen whose followers believe was placed on earth to preach redemption through running model trains on the carpet, wearing slippers and complaining about models which cost more than 47 pence. Believers have a fanatical devotion to this alleged prophet, believing that a single touch of the sacred carpet slippers can cure cancer. Things turn more sinister when I uncover a competing cult of fanatical anti-samites who see Sam as Satan's representative on earth who must be burnt at the stake for giving a mildly critical review of the Rapido pannier tank model. I interview the Superme Leader of Iran Ali Khameini who expresses his great sadness at Britain falling prey to such extremism and offers to send a force of revolutionary guards to bring us some democracy. More positively I find that the new KR models Big Bertha is a most excellent model of a Ford Transit van. Compelling viewing I think you'll all agree.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Left and right hand drive?

It'll have prototypical fully functioning non-working left right hand drive 8 wheel steering, the most authentic Vauxhall Ford Transit car model ever made.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

It's only 2.5MW,.

It's big brother the T85, could do 60MW..

image.png.c0e4217dcf10ff5b15fd0171f0884e44.png

Ps the actual reflector is the same size.

PPS, the Type 85 , antenna assembly complete with it's Cossor SSR 750 on its nose will be the next radar to model.

PPPS, the wooden fence round the edge of the R12 building top floor is about 1.3mm high in 1:1000, scale, any ideas on how to model that?

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I'm working on episode 5 of the JJB Report, this one exposes a new religious cult, headed by a mysterious figure known only as Sam, a mystic shamen whose followers believe was placed on earth to preach redemption through running model trains on the carpet, wearing slippers and complaining about models which cost more than 47 pence. Believers have a fanatical devotion to this alleged prophet, believing that a single touch of the sacred carpet slippers can cure cancer. Things turn more sinister when I uncover a competing cult of fanatical anti-samites who see Sam as Satan's representative on earth who must be burnt at the stake for giving a mildly critical review of the Rapido pannier tank model. I interview the Superme Leader of Iran Ali Khameini who expresses his great sadness at Britain falling prey to such extremism and offers to send a force of revolutionary guards to bring us some democracy. More positively I find that the new KR models Big Bertha is a most excellent model of a Ford Transit van. Compelling viewing I think you'll all agree.

Will you do a special section on his method of "revitalising" X04 motors using a Dremel fitted with a wire brush?

• Like 10
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. A bit damp and dull outside so doing anything outside is a no-no. I've got to work out the logistics re. putting the new rollalong into the car there's a few things to sort out. The new one sits happily on its wheels so its easy to move around even when folded. The old one if you try to stand on its wheels when folded will just fall over and there's nowhere indoors that it can be safely stored until I can get rid of it (sell or even give it away).  I've also got the box that the new one came in  which I will keep until I'm satisfied that all is OK with it (they advised keeping it in case the rollator has to be returned).

• Like 19