The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

' morning all from red dragon land.

Sun shining, bit of a breeze. 2.1C.

I have not been on for a few days due to the advancing season. It seems I have become PA to Li'l Sis to do her online shopping for *C* presies, and more of that will be fitted in, today, with my bit of shopping - I spotted a woolly jumper I fancy which can be picked up in store - and the annual family Calendar I am making online. I have not even thought about doing the *C* cards, yet. Well, ...I have now, I suppose!

I have already had one mugadecaf but I shall settle for another before getting stuck into things.

Take care. Be good. Watch out for the unexpected!

Polly

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

Its basically just a whole day of this sort of stuff.

image.png.2b0968ea401f6af22eb46f95921c8110.png

At least they won't be able to book Sticky Vicky* this year!

* Google if you must but not family friendly and NSFW.

Edited by Hroth
Disclaimer...
  • Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Great result although I didn't see the match but will be watching the recording shortly along with one or two more matches (If I get the time) so I'd best be about it.

I’ve one eye on the weather forecast because, for my sins, I’m off to Welford Road tomorrow.  

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Very foggy and frosty down here in Dorset this morning. Then this pulls up across the way from us to brighten the scene. Don't usually get anything so sporty around our area.  

P1620128.JPG

Bear saw an E-Type convertible out n' about this morning; bit surprised with salt about

• Like 9
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land.  Temperature hasn't lifted off of zero today according to the thingy at the bottom of the screen, just as well its dry. A bit overcast and dreary though which is why I haven't ventured out into the garden. The slow puncture has reappeared in the front N/S tyre of the car. It's OK for a couple of months and then it starts losing air. It had a nail in it but I had the tyre repaired and I've since had the valve replaced. 

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

The slow puncture has reappeared in the front N?S tyre of the car. It's OK for a couple of months and then it starts losing air. It had a nail in it but I had the tyre repaired and I've since had the valve replaced. 

Book, play......T-shirt......

Bear here......

"More of the same", followed by din dins.  After that I decided** to investigate Mickey's dodgy tyre problem.  Now is it Bear, or do trolley jacks get heavier just sitting in the shed?  Anyway, I took the wheel off so I could take a good squint at it.....and.......buggerall......

So I bunged it back on again, fitted a new valve inner core then pumped all tyres up to the right pressure & reset the TPMS system.  I'll check the pressure again in the morning and if it hasn't dropped I'll go for a short drive to see if anything happens.  I hate it when things like this happen cos' it starts to make me wonder if it'll behave when needed most.

**Actually the weather decided for me - it's predicted to pee down for the next 2+ days.

BG

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold

I did a bit of model stuff both in the morning and afternoon.  Most of the morning was taken up with looking at my old photos as usual, I always enjoy trying to remember where I took them.  With landscapes in more remote places it can sometimes be a challenge.

After lunch the thermometer had struggled up to -1C so I decided to de ice and de snow the car and took it for a 20 minute ride along the coast.  The main roads had been gritted so it was easy though my road was still icy.  On the way back I stopped at the beach.  The car park was very icy but everyone was being sensible so it was quite easy to drive around and park.  As the parking space markings were obscured by ice and snow everyone was leaving plenty of space.  I walked across the grass to the promenade, when I got there I found that most snow had been cleared and the surface salted so it was safe to walk on.  Some photos are below. 

Next I went down to the Quayside and noticed the RNLI shop at the lifeboat house was open so called in and bought a few things.  That made me realise I needed some cash so on the way home I stopped at the post office to use their hole in the wall machine which worked correctly, as usual there was no one about.

I've since had a cup of tea with the usual jam tart, soon it will be time for "proper" tea and then to settle down with my book unless I can find something on TV.

sIMG_9975Blyth.jpg.370df83582b3e2556ae954dc4d06fa77.jpg

Beach huts from the car park

sIMG_9977Blyth.jpg.0e05034eecee50a076a3962766b48545.jpg

Promenade looking north

sIMG_9981Blyth.jpg.837444e0e2f8a4bbb6119561821efe6a.jpg

The Battery

sIMG_9978Blyth.jpg.a771da00ba5c807ecfe96f75f1faa636.jpg

Promenade looking south

David

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Also in the delivery was a car cover for the "little red driving machine"© Gwiwer

Once unpacked the cover was put on, it fits nicely, the only problem was my paws were seriously painful with cold by the time I was done, which wasn't long.

Bear has only tried a car cover once (an all-over jobbie) - I found that the slight movement of the cover (due to wind) made the paintwork go dull, so I ditched it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear has only tried a car cover once (an all-over jobbie) - I found that the slight movement of the cover (due to wind) made the paintwork go dull, so I ditched it.

Tried one on a bike once, when we had a flat prior to our first house - wrecked the screen, made it opaque PDQ. Binned.  New fairing screen was a sound Deltic...in 1983 - pah.

• Friendly/supportive 16

59 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Tried one on a bike once, when we had a flat prior to our first house

One of the most 'unique' catalogues that arrive in the mail is one that is almost exclusively different kinds of car covers. (They do have car detailing supplies too.) It is interesting to see the inflatable ones - presumably intended for interior garage storage to keep the dust off but don't touch the vehicle. They look just like die cast models in display cases.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

One of the most 'unique' catalogues that arrive in the mail is one that is almost exclusively different kinds of car covers. (They do have car detailing supplies too.) It is interesting to see the inflatable ones - presumably intended for interior garage storage to keep the dust off but don't touch the vehicle. The look just like die cast models in display cases.

There's a guy that lives just up the road here that collects Rolls-Royces (yes, he has ALL the money) and has some of those.  He opens his garages occasionally to the local oiks and we get to wander around, I'll have a look to see if I photographed one.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Is the bear struggling with an Absinthe addition? He appears to fear la fée verte.

I think it is the loo fairy. The wee green fairy would be somewhat worrying. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 17