The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear here.....

A piccy tells a thousand words.....

OIG.jpg.db2a125e5fce5c37d7d37d861bb9bc39.jpg

ION.....

Bear is on a mission......

BG

Auditioning for the Child Catcher in the local panto?

🤔

• Agree 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

@iL Dottore's and @polybear's latest film - to be released after Christmas - has the intriguing strap line:

"this isn't Star Trek, this isn't Star Wars, this isn't Dr Who and this certainly isn't for the nervous cinema-goer...."

image.png.f77852a0d2ae959e71e14f753c5f0db7.png

Just as well no one can hear your breakfast if it consists of baked beans.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Just as well no one can hear your breakfast if it consists of baked beans.

But at least you have a backup if your propulsion pack fails during EV activity!

• Agree 4
  • Funny 11

55 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I'm getting concerned about what these picture AIs are looking at. Chimpy appears to have a rather well developed "chest"...

I'm worried about what Chimps is holding in his 'hand' if that is what it is.

• Agree 11

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I'm worried about what Chimps is holding in his 'hand' if that is what it is.

I'd not really noticed that. On looking, what is the furry bodied transparent skull thing up to?

Then it must be true. 95% of the Internet consists of naked young ladies, etc!

Edited by Hroth
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

It's a fresh sunny morning here by the sea,  -5C at the moment, it might reach 1C during the afternoon. My boiler is working hard and the house is getting comfortably warm.  I am pleased I had slightly larger radiators than are strictly necessary, it does make a difference in cold weather.  Yesterday's litle bit of snow is still here, the road looks almost like polished glass, I've just seen a car go by at around walking speed.

I think I'll stay at home for now, if it is less cold this afternoon I might go to the beach - but I don't think it will be on foot.

The basic plan is some model stuff, then coffee and old photos folowed by lunch after which either more model things or fresh air if it is worth moving the car.  Whatever happens today the pavements here will remain slippery as the one by my house is in the shade all day which is why I won't go out on foot.

Meanwhile I can simply enjoy not having to go out, I will happily forgo my jam doughnut and fresh rolls for once.

David

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Freezing fog this morning and it's only just starting to lift. Currently it is minus one degree up from minus three degrees. Just as well I've no need to go out as the front of the house is very icy and likely to stay that way all day.

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another, bright, cold and frosty start to the day here in England’s northwest corner, where it is currently -3C. I will shortly be setting off to collect Ava, who is once again spending the day with us. Our first task will be to finish making the fruit tea loaf I left soaking overnight. Once that’s in the oven, we’ll make a start on decorating the Christmas tree, which will probably take us the rest of the morning and possibly part of the afternoon. 

After tea, Sheila, Ava and I will set off for RHS Bridgewater to see the Christmas light display in the gardens. We went last year and thought it was really nice, so I booked us tickets a few weeks ago. After the walk around the gardens, we’ll head for the cafe and get a hot drink and a slice of cake. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

After tea, Sheila, Ava and I will set off for RHS Bridgewater to see the Christmas light display in the gardens.

We were at RHS Hyde Hall yesterday. They have evening light displays too. We were there at normal winter closing time yesterday and they had just turned the lights and music on.It wasn’t that dark so,we didn’t see the full effect. Some of the music sounded like you would get in a Hobbit film, some was what Aditi called spa music then after a brief burst of Tannenbaum/Red Flag it was something you might hear as generic background. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Although @polybear, @iL Dottore and @monkeysarefun have just inked the contract, the studio PR machine has already swung into action....

image.png.a48bdd37183fad10134b4f59d273a4dd.png

The PR team have dropped the ball!  Should have been Mad Max XXXX....

And thats an outback Aussie tanker - could do with another trailer or two!

image.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

I'm getting concerned about what these picture AIs are looking at. Chimpy appears to have a rather well developed "chest"...

Well, I have had some work done.

I reckon I  need to manscape my arms but.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Funny 14

12 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Its the Emus that will do us in the end:

image.png.9800d17aab43232ca60dbfd7d9e47ddd.png

They never signed a peace treaty after The Great Emu War of 1932. They are just biding their time. 

Major Meredith, who commanded the Australian forces in the war said:

“If we had a military division with the bullet-carrying capacity of these birds it would face any army in the world…They can face machine guns with the invulnerability of tanks. They are like Zulus whom even dum-dum bullets could not stop.”

Didn't end well for Rod Hull did it...? 

• Agree 10