The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Hmmm! Another @polybear money making ploy to add to the numerous (ahem) “activities” previously documented on ER. I wonder if HMRC is aware of PB’s extensive portfolio?

Actually, now that I think about it, I’ll ask my good chum Captain Cynical if any of his Swiss Banker friends have heard anything about PB Holdings (Holdings) Plc on the Swiss Banker Underground Grapevine…

A lot of the stall holders are Ukranian and  German so he better behave.. just sayin laik!

Baz

• Funny 16

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Good morning from the Distant (Signal) West where Dawn has broken (careless girl) revealing clear skies and the prospect of a fine sunny day. 

The temperature is another matter. The thermometer has dropped to Figaro the figure 0 and it’s still nice and invitingly warm in bed. 

Tonight we light the first winter fire. And discover how (or otherwise) well our wood-burner works.  The plan is to sit around the fire after dark with suitably alcoholic refreshments and tell stories. 

Or we might just doze off on the sofa. 

Avagoodun. Stay safe and warm. 

Hope you've had the chimbly swept beforehand!

• Like 7
  • Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

50 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

WHITE RABBITSlll .. or it would be if they hadn't hopped on a plane to somewhere warm!

Baz

7PM and 21 degrees here,  though there was a 10 minute sub-tropical downpour about 30 minutes ago. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, BoD said:

We have 3 or 4 cm this morning - yes, as much as that.

It is being topped up by an occasional shower.

Guess what is happening on the roads and to local schools?

Chaos?

16 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Hmmm! Another @polybear money making ploy to add to the numerous (ahem) “activities” previously documented on ER. I wonder if HMRC is aware of PB’s extensive portfolio?

Nottaproblem........

OIG.wxv4wnKfo9JPiqV.jpg.74a3137c1dab0c97a2de32296de48640.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

GP's are also worried about kids not ha I been exposed to the normal le El of childhood illnesses.  

That's where I got the initial heads up about this in September - my GP's kids are in classes that are affected.  She said that the teachers are quite stressed having to deal with it to the detriment of other pupils.

Edited by Coombe Barton
Not Typoman this time, just me with fat fingers
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

2 hours ago, polybear said:

The owners of the office block up top won't be happy.

That’s actually a tower with about 25 floors of apartments on top of a couple of floors of commercial space, across a street from the building site. That block of the street is now closed to all traffic (not surprisingly!). And yes, people living there must be somewhat uneasy!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

If one was jaded, cynical, (and a bit of a class warrior), one could come to the conclusion that all this poor parenting, and the resulting dysfunctional children, is a deliberate ploy to create a permanent underclass which can be exploited, in various ways, in order to obtain corporate and political benefit.

It’s also instructive to note that those who “excuse” (if not condone or facilitate) such behaviours, rigidly ensure that their sprogs do not end up amongst the “untermensch” (to borrow from Nietsche) they are creating.

It goes back for generations, even when I started school 70+ years ago there were classmates that were dysfunctional. It has got worse with each generation until now we are at the stage where it is the norm.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5