The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

I was able to obtain a light for outside the workshop from the big orange DIY shed. So once back home, I made myself a muggertea and headed out to the workshop to fit it and connect it up. It was whilst doing so that I remembered just what I don’t miss about work! Anyway, it only took a couple of hours to complete the job and it was put to use this afternoon, when Charlie came round. I initially set the delay for about 2 minutes, but it was still on when I was locking up the cellar door, so I’ll turn it down to about 1 1/2 minutes the next time I go to the workshop. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, polybear said:

The Kidz Breakfast contains:

12 rashers of bacon

12 sausages

Six eggs

Four black pudding slices

Four slices of bread and butter

Four slices of toast

Four slices of fried bread

Two hash browns

Eight-egg cheese and potato omelette

Saute potatoes

Mushrooms

Beans

Tomatoes

Only two hash browns?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 11

11 hours ago, BoD said:

I had to check that it wasn’t April 1st this morning but I thought at least one person here might appreciate this.  

Greggs, the high street … err … bakers have decided to open a ‘high class’ bistro type restaurant based on their products.  For your delectation a steak bake (pasty), truffle dauphinoise and green beans.

IMG_0378.png.a8a399383e7487ffd180010d1adfae39.png

Another offering set your gastric juices a-flowing is a Full English Breakfast based upon their sausage rolls.  Disappointingly they did not say whether it included beans or not.  

And no, it’s still not April 1st.  

Greggs?
Greggs!!??

You having a giraffe or wot?

• Funny 12

If one was jaded, cynical, (and a bit of a class warrior), one could come to the conclusion that all this poor parenting, and the resulting dysfunctional children, is a deliberate ploy to create a permanent underclass which can be exploited, in various ways, in order to obtain corporate and political benefit.

It’s also instructive to note that those who “excuse” (if not condone or facilitate) such behaviours, rigidly ensure that their sprogs do not end up amongst the “untermensch” (to borrow from Nietsche) they are creating.

• Like 8
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Barry O said:

No more snow here overnight.. just  more cold air. One or two minor tasks today.. need to get a proper growler for my visitor, a trip to see thebcrickrt ground and his old office at Holbeck.

Later I am seeing the consultant about my hip, then Fish &Chips with a whole bunch of university friends. Busy day!

Stay safe!

Baz

We had a few flakes of snow during the day but unless you were looking for them you wouldnt have seen them.

It was certainly cold go to the shed in the early hours but the shed was nice and warm inside.

First Friday lunch with fellow modellers today.

EDIT

Happy birthday Bob.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Barry O said:

Had a busy day visiting old haunts in Leeds.

In the Christmas Market was confronted by...

20231130_124741.jpg.ff0471e05562b720e8eca2d004d088e6.jpg

An ER on special duties???

Off out for a pint tonight...weather permitting.. its very cold but no more snow..

Baz

Hmmm! Another @polybear money making ploy to add to the numerous (ahem) “activities” previously documented on ER. I wonder if HMRC is aware of PB’s extensive portfolio?

Actually, now that I think about it, I’ll ask my good chum Captain Cynical if any of his Swiss Banker friends have heard anything about PB Holdings (Holdings) Plc on the Swiss Banker Underground Grapevine…

• Like 15
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, pH said:

Oops!

https://imgur.io/gallery/SFkyde2

5 storey basement of a 44 storey high-rise being built about 3 miles away from us. Somebody is going to have some ‘splaining to do! 

Must be some transdimensional relative of BSJ.  "Look, I did what it said on the plans!".

45 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Greggs?
Greggs!!??

You having a giraffe or wot?

Welcome to the underbelly... 🤪 

• Like 16