The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

7 minutes ago, Hroth said:

From the top....

1. Makes Carter look like a disappointed ferret
  2. What the hell is PolyColumbo noshing on?
  3. I'm sure Sgt Ackland would have Bear in for impersonating a police officer!
  4. Evenin' All!  (Look out, Dirk Bogard is behind you! He's got a GUN!!!)
  5. The only realistic Bear copper in the lot!

You're NICKED sonny!!!

No.....YOU'RE nicked.

image.png.061b2d252ff6b9e8a24ab734c79e7cd8.png

• Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

I have just checked a recipe for Flammkuechen which confirms in part what I thought:  It suggests the base can be bread dough or unleavened pastry.  It is the latter that I have always had.  I have to confess that the ones I make are with pre-prepared bases but the results ate certainly of the yeast free variety.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/jun/24/how-to-make-the-perfect-flammekueche-recipe-felicity-cloake

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

JUst read that Shane Macgowan has died. Not unexpected I guess, but still very sad, his version of "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda" though hated by Eric Bogle  who reckoned it sounded like a donkey braying gave the song a whole new audience.

RIP

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

I have just checked a recipe for Flammkuechen which confirms in part what I thought:  It suggests the base can be bread dough or unleavened pastry.  It is the latter that I have always had.  I have to confess that the ones I make are with pre-prepared bases but the results ate certainly of the yeast free variety.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/jun/24/how-to-make-the-perfect-flammekueche-recipe-felicity-cloake

My dear wife likes reading articles by Felicity Cloake. She also likes making things she had read about. 

• Like 13

5 hours ago, polybear said:

Not happy.....

OIG.jpg.d0fc48ef9c210c5e8698ac7d08b9ffec.jpg

Ben The "I'm so glad iD loves dogs" Collie is really happy that his friend, iL Dottore, was willing to write an emergency prescription for "crispy bacon to be taken as needed"...

...and he's also happy that iD told @TheQ that crispy bacon was a mandatory, not optional, part the doggy diet!

image.png.483d96521c9d4c4f5ebe9ff5d24f690e.png

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 2
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I suspect Phil get more 20mph limits where he lives before any HS2 money appears.

Surprisingly there are no 20 mph limits here neither is there any talk of introducing them. In fact the nearest AFAIK are in South Benfleet.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I think there's going to be quite a few pothole repairs going on between now and March when local authorities find a few pounds left over. With such monies its use it or lose it.

That's very much a  UK budget thing, particularly in the public sector, live like misers for three quarters then squander money in Q4. I hated it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Surprisingly there are no 20 mph limits here neither is there any talk of introducing them. In fact the nearest AFAIK are in South Benfleet.

Basildon District Council seem happy to have them in Wickford and Billericay but didn’t impose them in Basildon or Pitsea.

The zones in Benfleet are near primary schools. 

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Technically,

An attic is tall enough to walk round in and covers the entire roofed area.

A loft may not be tall enough to walk round in, and covers only part of the roofed area.

In our case we have 2 loft hatches, giving access to 4 loft areas, two of which you can walk round in once you've crawled between the chimney stacks and the low sides of the roof.

Hence it would be a right pain to put a muddle railway up there.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 3

2 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Technically,

An attic is tall enough to walk round in and covers the entire roofed area.

A loft may not be tall enough to walk round in, and covers only part of the roofed area.

In our case we have 2 loft hatches, giving access to 4 loft areas, two of which you can walk round in once you've crawled between the chimney stacks and the low sides of the roof.

Well, I can stand and walk around, but it doesn't cover the entire roofed area. We have another loft accessed from our attic room; I wonder if any model ----way stuff is in there too?

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Basildon District Council seem happy to have them in Wickford and Billericay but didn’t impose them in Basildon or Pitsea.

The zones in Benfleet are near primary schools. 

Southend also seems to be getting more 20 mph zones. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

I think our roof covers the house bits. It is a fairly standard hipped roof with a dormer bit at one end. It is possible to walk about the central area but not very far as there are lots of roof supports. Moving around the roof area over the room with a dormer window is possible as long as you slither. Putting the insulation in when I upgraded it a couple of winters ago was “interesting”. I am not as agile (or thin ) as I,used to be so I only did the difficult areas when Aditi was in and I had my phone in my pocket, just in case.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Southend also seems to be getting more 20 mph zones. 

Apart from the hospital and  Waitrose in Leigh I don’t go to Southend very often. When we first lived in Benfleet we seemed to,be in Southend frequently. 
Tony

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Tony_S said:

Apart from the hospital and  Waitrose in Leigh I don’t go to Southend very often. When we first lived in Benfleet we seemed to,be in Southend frequently. 
Tony

The main roads in Leigh sometimes appear to be the only ones without them. Not that it will make much difference to Leigh High Road with so many cars parked there of an evening.

• Like 14