The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

59 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I pulled up and went to find him but he was nowhere to be seen. It didn't help that he was wearing dark clothing and was actually walking in the road. I have informed the police and they surmised that he was probably the worse for drink. 

Sounds a bit spooky!

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, DaveF said:

It's just been snowing here in Northumberland coast, there is a thin layer on the car but it didn't settle on the ground.  More is expected.

It's the first of this autumn/winter.

David

The best I can offer is that I had to de-ice Yeti this morning.  Winter is incoming....

4 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Sounds a bit spooky!

He must have been a zombie left over from Halloween last month!

• Like 13

2 hours ago, The White Rabbit said:

… One matter which has 'come to my attention' is another instance of Bear moonlighting as a model ... I've seen various 'poses', including Bear on a skateboard, surfboard, bicycle and scooter. Usually with a see-through box of 'goodies' in hand or wobbling on the back... pizza and cake feature heavily …

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Bear also fronted Cresta, a soft drink, in his earlier years...

And mints:

https://youtu.be/TO3GMb_QHU0?si=K9A_QIrNzi_TxN9W

• Like 12
  • Agree 2

... on the way into evening teaching and nearly got sideswiped by a car struggling around a corner on a muddy road. I tried braking but to wasn’t very effective and I skidded. I'm traveling oan alternative route until it’s finished. Kudos to the driver of the blue Mondeo who controlled their car very well. ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2023/11/28/covid-and-in-the-first-line-up-for-the-defence-is-michael-gove/

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

... on the way into evening teaching and nearly got sideswiped by a car struggling around a corner on a muddy road. I tried braking but to wasn’t very effective and I skidded. I'm traveling oan alternative route until it’s finished. Kudos to the driver of the blue Mondeo who controlled their car very well. ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2023/11/28/covid-and-in-the-first-line-up-for-the-defence-is-michael-gove/

Time for winter tyres perhaps? Though it still isn’t much fun to see other cars skidding towards you. 

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 11

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Don't often go to our local "chippy", but I did this evening. I usually park opposite the former home of someone who has had his name on a Britannia, a class 92 and a class 442 unit. But who? 

I had no idea  from the trains clue but googled famous residents of Wimborne.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 10