The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

_f02035c1-f0dd-4293-86cd-d3451cb562e5.jpg.2f790d641b6ce945575a068b827bb168.jpg

England however is in the grip of a nostalgia trip,  reliving its glory days of 1788:

image.png.300f7a7f66adc27cd7da1eccee0a97ba.png

Undeterred however,  it once again returns to  the solution that served it well back then.

image.png.c582c207d5a7046675cb756544487e86.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Sheesh, you go out of your way to be nice to @polybear and that's the way he repays you.....

Still, revenge is a dish best served cold...

So as the Bear forgets that both iD and Captain Cynical have friends in very high places...

_59967f51-5a25-4b6a-9429-813b4fdd9122.jpg.39cd1f77dcf2be76f483af88349afcad.jpg

a few words in the right ears will ensure that any stroppy Polybear gets his comeuppance...

_f7173b99-6758-4da6-9f42-a1df3bce863c.jpg.b21cc86dfefea1b4b7ca02075d2d07eb.jpg

_537d9a5e-c89b-4d14-82b6-98f505c206ec.jpg.65752ae4215398aecc9483a33e29163b.jpg

... where PB will be questioned about his recent anti-social behaviour...

_36997793-fe81-44a4-bf50-9136fa6067f9.jpg.0577473dc6345e9183aa7ef29351fc46.jpg

...of course , the legal niceties will be observed...

_fed1e1a8-7ca1-4089-b7c3-6e0573c7bf59.jpg.0afaa1ad34b87a000a5a509375335194.jpg

before justice is served....

_f02035c1-f0dd-4293-86cd-d3451cb562e5.jpg.2f790d641b6ce945575a068b827bb168.jpg

Don't worry Bear we're here for you. A Free the Bear campaign has already been started on Solshall meeedia and we've several 'celebraties' - other terms are available show interest.

Ps Doc those GS19 rozzers don't look like proper coppers to me, more like some totalitarian state aka Swiss stormtroopers. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Don't worry Bear we're here for you. A Free the Bear campaign has already been started on Solshall meeedia and we've several 'celebraties' - other terms are available show interest.

I've noticed.....

_f9bc6243-408b-4160-aff9-c0b92a09f2f5.jpg.258a52c9b5b2d9880bc5e85387de91de.jpg

Edited by iL Dottore
Text change
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. No interruptions from bladder control last night but Arthur Itis had a couple of jabs until a brace of Nurofen put him in his place. Still managed six hours worth of ZZZZZ's though. SEERS meeting tonight, I will be picking up my friend and his son from the SEEVIC college were the boy will be attending from next September. His current school, Cedar Hall does not teach beyond 16 year olds. 

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Cloudy with sunny spells here. Currently sunny. I have been to the doctor's surgery to leave some samples for our diabetic reviews, and one for the Royal London for something else. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

On 20/11/2023 at 18:08, polybear said:

It seems that a certain TV programme started again last night - the one where we deport people to Oz whilst bungin' 'em loads of money at the same time.

Now Bear most definitely doesn't watch such cr@p (I'm sad, but not THAT sad) but according to the Beeb News website there's only one person in it that I've ever heard of (a member** of The Big House that's also getting quite a following on something called GB News)

**Apparently getting £1.5M

Great. So he turns up here and straight away gets handed 1.5 million. Wheres my 1.5 million? And he gets  free accommodation and meals, we should be looking after our own instead.

And what about all the other countries between there and here he could have stopped in?  Whats wrong with them?

People like him are just laughing at our border policy, there'll be boatloads of them soon. All talking in the trains with their silly accents.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Great. So he turns up here and straight away gets handed 1.5 million. Wheres my 1.5 million? And he gets  free accommodation and meals, we should be looking after our own instead.

And what about all the other countries between there and here he could have stopped in?  Whats wrong with them?

People like him are just laughing at our border policy, there'll be boatloads of them soon. All talking in the trains with their silly accents.

We were hoping that you'd keep him. After all you want something to discourage all the immigrants.

• Like 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Nice country you have there, be a real shame if it was over run by objectionable and turpitudinous rejects from blighty.....for a small sum (say $50 billion a year) Rishi can make sure it won't happen.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

7 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

And what's worse, there'll be "sensitive souls" and underemployed H&S types amongst them and the next thing you know they'll be banning meat pie floaters and Australian Rules Football.

if that isn't bad enough wait until the artisan brewers turn up, getting a drink in Oz may never be the same again 

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

And what's worse, there'll be "sensitive souls" and underemployed H&S types amongst them and the next thing you know they'll be banning meat pie floaters and Australian Rules Football.

if that isn't bad enough wait until the artisan brewers turn up, getting a drink in Oz may never be the same again 

Don't worry, the B Ark will soon be completed...

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

Nice country you have there, be a real shame if it was over run by objectionable and turpitudinous rejects from blighty.....for a small sum (say $50 billion a year) Rishi can make sure it won't happen.

On the other hand, if Rwanda finally gets scuppered, Rishi might take a look at "I'm a celeb" and bung the Aussie government a spare billion or so to take the illegal immigrants who won't be getting a trip to Africa after all...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 10

40 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Thats is an entertaining point that up until now I'd never considered 

. Monday to Friday its all Hi-Vis and hard hats,  "bend your knees when you pick that up!" and BeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeep  whenever anything at all reverses, but OH&S just gets switched off completely come winter Saturday arvos!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Hroth said:

On the other hand, if Rwanda finally gets scuppered, Rishi might take a look at "I'm a celeb" and bung the Aussie government a spare billion or so to take the illegal immigrants who won't be getting a trip to Africa after all...

I think the UK Government got the idea of “offshore processing” from Australia. Perhaps they have capacity in their PNG camps. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 8

16 minutes ago, Hroth said:

We do have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manus_Regional_Processing_Centre going spare that he could rent off us.

Which would be ironic given that his offshore detention policy is directly modelled from the previous Australian Governments one.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

ION

Christmas can begin!

(well, in a weeks time)

I've got an Advent Candle!  24 chances to accidently burn the house down...

Advent starts on the 3rd December this year, so not quite so many chances. I suppose people with chocolate advent calendars get to eat 3 pieces.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 8
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Tony_S said:

Advent starts on the 3rd December this year, so not quite so many chances. I suppose people chocolate advent calendars get to eat 3 pieces.

Thats the 1st Sunday in Advent.  An ecclesiastical Advent candle would only be graduated 1 to 4...

Ordinary Advent candles, like Advent calendars are purely secular countdown devices so can start from 1st December with impunity!

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1