The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Unfortunately.....

_1708ba36-169f-4950-a015-13f926cc773f.jpg.ace531e06bb300e6780a092dbb3a7d60.jpg

... Ben The "I'll have a wee dram" Collie, was surprised by @TheQ coming home early - just as Mr McPherson was unloading the delivery van

Unfortunately...You've blown McPherson's cover.... That's a not a MacPherson tartan kilt he's wearing it's got too many white stripes, and he's wearing it about 2 inches too low. ( Should be mid to top of knee cap).

At least Ben isn't stealing my Highland Park...

Red cap, green bottle, Jamiesons or J &B looking at the bottle.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, PupCam said:

The cards are just a nice-to-have aren't they?      The full details will be on your NHS record and in some places (not here AFAIA) you can actually gain access to them and have a look.    If I recall, the last time I looked in my case it was one of the many "Greyed Out" options that had not been enabled by the GP on the website 🙄 

Bear here.......

Whilst on a recce to the Co-op this afternoon I figured that calling into the Quacks to see if they'd got Bear's chest x-ray results was a good idea (they had - and it's ok); then, whilst diving in the nearby Chemist (not the one that did the jabs - they were useless when I called them earlier) I thought "Turdycurses, should've asked in the Docs" so in a moment of madness decided that a long-shot question to the rather excellent Chemist might just give the answer - and it did - Bear was vaccinated on that day as thought, and now confirmed.  Apparently if Bear uses some NHS App thingy then I can access such info myself.  Big Tick.

As for the vaccine cards - the Chemist described them as "a bit of a gimmick".  Sounds about right.

Apart from that it's been "more of the same" - I have "Cunning Plan #17" now, which is "progressing" but some aspects of the formations involve what I very much suspect are somewhat advanced 'plottin.....expect naughty words (that'll be worse than usual then).

ION......

I've just received an email to tell me that something known as a "37" is inbound 😁 - don't worry, it's green with yellow bits.....

BG

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, polybear said:

Apparently if Bear uses some NHS App thingy then I can access such info myself.  Big Tick.

Install and register with the NHS App. At the bottom of the screen is a My Health option. Select that and you can see your full vaccine record. All my 8 jabs are there!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Apparently there's still time to get your flu and covid jabs. But they won't be available after 15th of December. For some reason my BP goes sky high when I have a jab, it soon settles back though. Now to look in the fridge to see what tonights dinner is.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Apparently there's still time to get your flu and covid jabs. But they won't be available after 15th of December. For some reason my BP goes sky high when I have a jab, it soon settles back though. Now to look in the fridge to see what tonights dinner is.

Only when you have jabs?  Or white coat syndrome?

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I'm trying to find an olive oil sprayer for cooking. I Googled 'olive oil sprayer' and it came up with a list of options. The first three I tried before I could place an order wanted you to sign up and give personal details. All I want to do is buy a kitchen utensil so why is it necessary to give my *hat size? In the end I see that Sainsbury's sell them so I'll pop down there sometime this week. *OK I'm exaggerating, they didn't want my hat size but some of the information they ask is just as irrelevant. They didn't get any information and neither will they get my custom.

• Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

...my overriding impression is that the delays and indecision cost many lives, and those in power really didn’t care ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2023/11/20/covid-sir-patrick-in-the-spotlight/

Wasn't Boris initially wedded to the "herd immunity" thesis which required everyone to get covid and let nature sort out the survivors?

• Agree 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I'm trying to find an olive oil sprayer for cooking. I Googled 'olive oil sprayer' and it came up with a list of options. The first three I tried before I could place an order wanted you to sign up and give personal details. All I want to do is buy a kitchen utensil so why is it necessary to give my *hat size? In the end I see that Sainsbury's sell them so I'll pop down there sometime this week. *OK I'm exaggerating, they didn't want my hat size but some of the information they ask is just as irrelevant. They didn't get any information and neither will they get my custom.

Couldn't you use an airbrush ? 🙂

But seriously, for spraying cooking oils I use those shake-and-spray things from the supermarkets - 'fry light' and similar (and yes, I know the oil is emulsified with water, so not always a great idea). For other stove-top uses I just pour a little oil - if it was for the top of something, I guess tipping the oil into a spoon first would work.

Then I thought "why not?" Tried gurgling, got an offer at £1.79 with free shipping. Needed email, phone, and address which doesn't seem an excess of data. Of course it isn't very big, if you need to spray a lot it might be inadequate. But for the black friday price I'll give it a try.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from the Charente. It's not raining.  Not a lot got done yesterday apart from getting on with combining  two lists of PO wagons.  What an exciting life I lead.  This morning I am off  to be tended to by Veronique who will lower my ears, then the supermarket needs to be raided. After that the day is my own. 

At the moment. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Last night I realised that if I set my alarm for 5 minutes earlier I would be able to  see the Starlink Satellite train. 

Weirdest looking thing Ive seen in the sky, I'm assuming UFO reports have spiked over the last few days.

I tried to take a picture but all i got was the night sky.

But its well worth a look if you are interested, just google Sarlink satellite train schedule" and it'll tell you when its over your area.

But then again it'll probably be cloudy anyway!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1