The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Probably not. But from the chair I'm sitting we obviously had companso an odd drink may have been consumed. 

Jamie 

Why not , it looked like a nice sunny day .

Before you get worried that you may have picked up a stalker I can assure you that is not the case ,

I spend a lot of time with a geography based 'find this place' web site called GeoGuessr ,and as I have

enjoyed your tales of ' Life in a French village ' I decided to see if I could find out where  are you from the

snippets that you have posted . I'm sure you have never mentioned the village name but using details

like nearby towns, local road name and some village features and size I eventually 'gotcha ' .

I'm certainly not going to post up the location for all to see as that would be improper , but I will admit

that @New Haven Neil and @The Q have been treated to same degree of interest .    😎

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

I understand Mr Pig fancier is back as F.S. 

Can't remember if he'd had the FO before becoming PM, perhaps he's trying to get a full hand of the Offices of State?

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

Oh, re: diabetes, I don't have to take any medication for it.  Just an annual blood test and eye screening 👍👍👍

IMG_20231113_1231096182.jpg.aed0868e3db791631ceda3555f5b6577.jpg

Jeez, there's a serious dose of fat n' salt in that sarnie......

• Agree 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Jeez, there's a serious dose of fat n' salt in that sarnie......

Yes indeed, that's nearly half of the maximum for salt for an adult which I think is 6g.

It'll be my only intake of those today, except a smidgen of olive oil in my ratatouille for dinner, which is just veg and some butter beans.

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

@Tim Dubya needs to eat Southern Italian: loads of wonderful dishes which do not involve meat in any way, shape or form (and if he doesn't eat fish, there's plenty of purely vegetable dishes).

Many Indian and Japanese dishes do not contain meat and nearly all Indian and Japanese dishes are healthy.

Honestly? I'd take a 冷やしつけそばと野菜天ぷら (cold soba noodles with a dipping sauce and vegetable tempura) over a nut cutlet or a vegan sausage any day.

Once you've made your dipping sauce (not very hard) and if you substitute Japanese pickles (homemade in my case) for the tempura, you have a quick and nutritious meal. I lived on 冷やしつけそばと野菜天ぷら during the hot weather this summer.

Edited by iL Dottore
Added info about the noodles
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

45 minutes ago, TheQ said:

It's one thing I've noticed with prepared food, that have claims to be healthy, something bad is replaced by something also bad, but not mentioned unless you study the information. 

Sadly, too true. If you look at the labels of many low-fat prepared foods you'll see that fat has been replaced by a lot of salt and sugar. Often in forms that aren't readily recognisable as salt or sugar.

• Like 4
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

6 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

While I'm here, just a shout out to Murwillumbah

Lovely spot and yes, very floody.

image.png.b6ee43897e9f0ef734d7a9ccd5ed5fee.png

I've been on the top of the pointy bit. Many years ago. A strenuous hike rather than a technical climb.

Prosaically named by the well travelled 18th century Yorkshireman as "Mt. Warning", a harbinger of "Pt. Danger".

Point Danger is on the border between Queensland and NSW. The Federal government built a modern lighthouse there in 1971 with the border inlaid in the base. We used to jump from one state to the other.

• Like 17
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I stayed at home all morning and ended up sitting quietly reading a novel until it was time to get some lunch, just cold ham and a simple salad - plus a packet of p;lain crisps as a treat.

The ironing was done and the second load dried, then I went to Homebase and bought a new window cleaner for the greenhouse and some brass screws.  That was followed by a quick look round Lidl to get a few bits and pieces including cherry schnapps and calvados.

Back home I got the bin ready to go out and found a few more things to put in it.  Next it will be the usual sandwich and a pot of yoghurt for tea followed by more reading and a bit of TV, probably just two of the quizzes.

David

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The Federal government built a modern lighthouse there in 1971 with the border inlaid in the base. We used to jump from one state to the other.

You should go to the Four Corners monument - parts of you can be in 4 different states at the same time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Corners_Monument

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 10
  • Funny 1

48 minutes ago, pH said:

You should go to the Four Corners monument - parts of you can be in 4 different states at the same time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Corners_Monument

There are 4 locations in Australia where 3 states meet, but at least three  of them take a commitment  and a 4WD to get to.

In addition, access to Surveyor Generals corner requires  permission from the local Irrunytju Community in whose traditional land it is situated. 

image.png.d7a140c6624c7a163ec01bc1b5a8a91f.png

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

There are 4 locations in Australia where 3 states meet, but at least three  of them take a commitment  and a 4WD to get to.

In addition, access to Surveyor Generals corner requires  permission from the local Irrunytju Community in whose traditional land it is situated. 

image.png.d7a140c6624c7a163ec01bc1b5a8a91f.png

I feel sorry for Tasmania, no corners at all...

• Like 3
  • Funny 16