The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Ah well, travelling home from distant climes, well Yorkshire anyway, met up with friends for brunch and got talking as you do.  Arrived home later than expected but an enjoyable time was had.  

Managed to drive on the correct side of the road all the way up the A19. Apparently, south of the Tees flyover they drive on the same side of the road as us.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

4 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Heartily recommend: Four Pure Hazy Pale Ale

IMG_4371.jpeg

My initial thoughts on that were why on earth would you put your sample jar on the bar. But then again it is Herr Doktarre we are taking about so I just go with the flow where he's concerned.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Mark Saunders said:

Its much harder to do that on the A66 going West from Scotch Corner due to its schizophrenic changes from single to duel carriageways! 

If I’m going that way I will always go up Weardale and over Hartside - what a shame the cafe burnt down!!! It takes longer but is a much more relaxing and enjoyable drive.  

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

12 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

Its not that long ago I would have sent that back!

Unfiltered beers and ales are quite popular,  I am led to understand. But you're quite right - once upon a time a beer looking like that would be undrinkable and sent back. But that IPA was anything but! Fruity and floral it was served chilled and was very, very drinkable indeed!

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

8 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

My initial thoughts on that were why on earth would you put your sample jar on the bar. But then again it is Herr Doktarre we are taking about so I just go with the flow where he's concerned.

Winnie, dear boy, If you had provided me with a urine sample that cloudy, I'd be very, very worried indeed. I'd be wheeling out the SERIOUS antibiotics and wondering if your kidneys/bladder/prostate would make it through the day...

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BoD said:

Do they still ‘do’ all of the smells too?

Fairly subtle I thought. You are whisked round in an over head suspended pod now rather than dragged round in a cart.  Toilet man is still straining, though not surprised after seeing the exhibited 9th century coprolite

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

Its much harder to do that on the A66 going West from Scotch Corner due to its schizophrenic changes from single to duel carriageways! 

Is road rage getting that bad ?

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 9

3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Winnie, dear boy, If you had provided me with a urine sample that cloudy, I'd be very, very worried indeed. I'd be wheeling out the SERIOUS antibiotics and wondering if your kidneys/bladder/prostate would make it through the day...

What ever you say doc. I did wonder just how you managed to collect it but I suppose it was whatever you had to hand,

• Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, BSW01 said:

Good evening everyone 

Well the task of marking the sky line position wasn’t quite as easy as I’d hoped it would be, due to initially being unable to get my laser level to work properly. I eventually found that I needed to get the tripod dead level first. Once that had been achieved it went very well afterwards. 2 lines have been marked around the entire room, the first is the baseboard height, the second is the position of the horizon. 

Bear would be very interested to see how this turns out.....

Bear here......

Yesterday?  Now what did I do?  Oh yes....

Dross stuff at first, followed by playin' with Templot again - who was in a funny mood and being spiteful....more today, but without the dross.

ION......

This should make @PupCam Puppers smile:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-67373472

And finally....

If there's any truth in this then it's a very dark day for Journalism:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67375667

Bear Gone.

• Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

I've never had an issue with LHD cars and drive them quite regularly. What is much more challenging is knowing the rules of the road, not just the actual rules/highway code but the customs and conventions of driving and manners. For example, does a headlight flash mean please make the turn or emerge, I'm giving you the space, or does it mean out of the way, it's my right of way and I'm coming through, or is it a simple hello? (I'm aware of the highway code and that you should never just assume or proceed on them but in reality in most countries there does seem to be a convention for their use to help things move). SE Asia is largely RHD (Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam) but I find driving in Indonesia and Malaysia more stressful than many LHD countries as it's basically anarchy on wheels and anything can happen.

• Like 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, polybear said:

And finally....

If there's any truth in this then it's a very dark day for Journalism:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67375667

While this is possible I'd be sceptical. Quite aside from the normal propaganda battle which is part of any war the Israeli government has issues of it's own which will come to the fore at some point as to how a country with the most vaunted intelligence services in the world and one of the most highly regarded militaries in the world was caught which it's pants down after a monumental intelligence failure and floundered for several hours before the army started to get things under control. As such there are reasons why they might want to divert blame.

• Like 2
  • Agree 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6