The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
Just now, grandadbob said:

Still a bit damp here but not as heavy as earlier.  Decision now reached about Shed roof and we've moved to Sunday...not going to hold my breath though.  However this does mean that my planned annual trip to the Tolworth show can go ahead on Saturday.  Looking forward to it and seeing Ian @roundhouse with his layout Blackmoor.

Look forward to seeing you. At present (fingers crossed) we have a full crew, so full that my other half will not be there on Sunday.

Just been working on detailing more of the stock but about to head out into the rain as meeting up with an old school friend ofr a few beers.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, PhilJ W said:

All of them, but where's Captain Cynical?

He's currently dealing with a lot of vexatious claims about paternity, put forward by various Swiss Misses in the hopes that they can get their hands on some of CC's huge fortune (estimated at about £1 trillion)._db4cece4-a7b7-41dc-afe4-614a117904fb.jpg.6779f6bd0bfcdac2a53f4fab5db1eb6e.jpg

Given that Captain Cynical was genetically enhanced four decades ago in order acquire his supervillain abilities and as a result became sterile, any lass nowadays who "tries it on" with claims that "CC is the father" is going to have to have a serious rethink...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

I see Newcastle show is cancelled, that would have annoyed in times past! 

I am not doubting you but where is this news? Seems very short notice as it was this weekend.

Edit - just found it on Model shop UK website - storm damage to venue apparently.  Quelle dommage.

Thanks for flagging that up, Neil. Otherwise I would have headed there this Sunday.  I'm guessing a few might still do so given the short notice.

I hope it doesn't impact the club too much - I'm guessing they will have already paid out quite a tidy sum for accommodation etc.

Given that I volunteer on Sundays it was to be one of the very few exhibitions I visited this year. Quelle double dommage.

Edited by BoD
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

He's currently dealing with a lot of vexatious claims about paternity, put forward by various Swiss Misses in the hopes that they can get their hands on some of CC's huge fortune (estimated at about £1 trillion)._db4cece4-a7b7-41dc-afe4-614a117904fb.jpg.6779f6bd0bfcdac2a53f4fab5db1eb6e.jpg

Given that Captain Cynical was genetically enhanced four decades ago in order acquire his supervillain abilities and as a result became sterile, any lass nowadays who "tries it on" with claims that "CC is the father" is going to have to have a serious rethink...

I thought there was something missing from that six-pack.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

' morning all from red dragon land.

Sun in and out, a mere 8.4C outside, a pleasant 19.4C inside. At least my hands are warm though I do have an extra layer (cosy fleece) on these days. No swanning around in Ts and shorts for (quite) awhile, then.

Currently, working through some piles of stuff that have collected over the year. Where it is all going I do not know! <<sigh>> Filing into muddling and non-muddling, with not-needed going to the recycle bin/shredder, is the easy bit. <<Well! It's a start!>> That is between being PA for Jones the Steam's recent ventures, to be completed and posted, later today.

Time for a mugadecaf, a short toot on the flute, and lunch but not necessarily in that order.

Take care. Be good. Keep warm/cool. <<Select whichever is most appropriate!>>

Polly

• Like 19

3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

The Boss has just advised me that I need to make an important decision.  She will shortly need to know what I'd like in my lunchtime sandwich.  Ham? Cheese? Tuna?   Not sure yet.

Sounds like you got a better choice than CC as  there’s not much in CC’s lunchbox. Its rather put me off my lunch.

Edited by Erichill16
  • Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

My local magpie pair managed one baby this year, its been a dry few weeks so it  hadn't experienced rain until today. I came home to this wet bedraggled thing  waiting on the railing for its feed, and looking at me like I was to blame for the storm or something.

PXL_20231104_220614122_MP.jpg.15e2ac109b08ee595288aa7c959724c3.jpg

The poor thing is probably expecting you to get the hairdryer out!

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

24 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Not just him, but look at all the bearded blokes wanting a payout too...

Mate, according to Wikipedia they are the   product of a misunderstanding that he had when someone asked  him about the chance of him  being in on a Sydney float. He obviously took it to be a business opportunity involving the stock market and so on , so he flew down here only  to find it was in fact  a  request to have him enter a Sydney Mardi Gras float.

He still ended up having a good time but, and has many Aussie friends with beards now. 

image.png.2de4ff80e9080073bac9a6565f11d8ce.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 17

1 hour ago, Erichill16 said:

Looks like the population of Royston Vasey to me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_League_of_Gentlemen

All joking aside, there are parts of Switzerland where, until quite recently, “genetic diversity“ wasn’t terribly “diverse“.

Like all good modern Western democracies, Switzerland also has the noble tradition of one part of the country looking down on other parts of the country. And like for most things to do with regions/counties etc., the stereotypes and dismissals are not without a grain of truth.

In popular Swiss culture Apenzell Innerhoden is stereotyped for in-cest and eating dogs, in Zug they are all rich, pay no taxes and hide people’s money, Geneva is simply full of rich Frenchmen who have never seen a cow and Schwyz: is to Switzerland what Mississippi is to the US…

There’s also a Swiss version 0f Telfland (although its exact location depends upon who you are talking to).

Edited by iL Dottore
A normal word in-cest was censored. Barmy
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Mate, according to Wikipedia they are the   product of a misunderstanding that he had when someone asked  him about the chance of him  being in on a Sydney float. He obviously took it to be a business opportunity involving the stock market and so on , so he flew down here only  to find it was in fact  a  request to have him enter a Sydney Mardi Gras float.

He still ended up having a good time but, and has many Aussie friends with beards now. 

image.png.2de4ff80e9080073bac9a6565f11d8ce.png

Obviously, I've heard of such things, but the visual imagry is disconcerting....

Going by the previous pictures, is CC sporting a stuffed codpiece???

Edited by Hroth
Added thort...
  • Like 1
  • Funny 10