The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Afternoon All!

A Junior Junior Puppers  "looking after day" today which included a drive (to get him to sleep) which just happened to end at a Garden Centre. 

That was convenient, someone having said only yesterday they wanted to go and a have a look around one for something for the front garden.

Anyway, while we were there Bear was spotted.   Clearly he's been doing a bit of moonlighting.    Isn't the pension adequate I wonder? 🤔

Img_0691.jpg.a3b00793aceab6960a7967d92b3d375d.jpg

TTFN

Well spotted!

Though he looks rather constipated, I hope thats only a leaf...

Edited by Hroth
Miner spelin errer....
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Trimmed, not destroyed.  

Opposite my house is a row of five ash trees. A couple of months ago the council sent round some 'tree surgeons' to trim them. they didn't trim them so much as hack them to pieces. They cut off most of the branches above about ten feet and one tree was pollarded. This was done when the leaves were still green instead of waiting for winter.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Not looking to further this topic, but:

6 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I think it's more to do with the donors/sponsorship of the gallery being an oil company

CNN opined:

The painting is known for having been previously damaged in an act of protest by suffragette Mary Raleigh Richardson in 1914.

So, precedent with this painting. It's a stunt. There are better ways to protest 'big oil' than this sort of thing.

• Agree 14

6 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Apologies for any offence but in my mind, if you need a 3XL shirt, you are not 'Slim Fit'

"Fashion" can be and often is ridiculous. A term that means the same thing is "Modern fit". It is a warning to most people who need a 3XL shirt that it won't fit them - having the opposite cut (narrow at the waist) than the "Classic fit" cut that most people who need a 3XL shirt will need.

I concur that most people who need a 3XL "shouldn't" be choosing a tight fitting garment - except for a handful of chiseled athletes who spend more time doing weight circuits than sleeping.

5 hours ago, TheQ said:

Rough translation, it's actually a 1XL, but we'll flog it as a 3XL slim fit to make more money by using less cloth.

Not really, but it does seem rather pointless selling it in a place like M&S. I'm not sure how many customers will have the shape required to actually wear the garment.

• Like 8
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Over the weekend I split the three seat sofa into it's constituent parts ahead of our new sofa arriving at the end of the month.

Decided even in three bits it is too heavy for little old me to take down the stairs to the garage, brainwave, why don't we give the 2 seat sofa to the Heart Foundation now and son 1 can help with the three seater sofa bits nearer the time of the new sofa arriving.

Heart Foundation came for the two seater today and the palaver to get it down the stairs confirmed we'd made the right decision, but Mrs W is now worried how the big three seater we purchased that is one long bench will come up the stairs.  We did measure the space and it will come up the stairs and stand on end on the landing to pivot into the lounge, but until it arrives.........

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I'm not sure how many customers will have the shape required to actually wear the garment.

The people who design these things seem to imagine we live in a world of stick insects.

• Like 5
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Barry O said:

I will wave to @BoD and @Two_sugars en route.

Are you back up at Newcastle this weekend Baz? @Barry O

ps. no need to interrupt you presentation to reply - just deal with it in your ‘any questions’ time.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

but Mrs W is now worried how the big three seater we purchased that is one long bench will come up the stairs.  We did measure the space and it will come up the stairs and stand on end on the landing to pivot into the lounge, but until it arrives.........

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Dinner was toad-in-the-hole and very nice it was too. The builder came round today and said he's coming round on Thursday to reseed the back garden. I'd forgotten about the prunings I'm going to shred, they've all turned brown but are now too wet to shred.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 5