The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Today we had a trip to the tip. (two trips, actually)

SWMBO declared that the plastic chairs on the deck were at the end of their lives due to discolouration and moss. I managed to get a par at a time in the car. The tip has been slightly reorganized. We were weighed, drove to the bin, and chucked it in. Going out, we were pleasantly surprised that the charge was $0.00, not the $10 minimum.  "Recycling" is free.

On one of the trips we were stopped by the local railway.

Rest of the day cancelled for rain.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Busy day planned. Sort out presentation for tonight, sort out list of bits for unmentionables I need, pack bag, drive to the fair County Palatine. Hopefully by unmentionables,  xheck in to hotel at Pity Me,find somewhere to have tea, go to Benwell Hill CC, attend meeting, back to hotel..... easy...well fingers are crossed.

I will wave to @BoD and @Two_sugars en route.

In other news.. some serious drivelling is expected to take place later this week. Always good!

I did notice that I had had another appointment  letter (follow up ECG/ultrasound) for the same date and time as the one I can't attend (I shall be at the NEC at the time. Rang up.. yes it's a software glitch.. you are back on the "list" for a new date. Frabjoy!

Have a great day!

Stay safe!

Baz

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

The sky looks fairly clear and I can see something bright reflecting in the widows opposite.  A dry bright sunny day is forecast with the chance of some isolated showers later.   6°C  rising to 12°C.

A walk to Asda is needed to get one or two odds and ends and it has been suggested we visit the local garden centre as we have a multitude of gift vouchers to use and they sell all sorts of other stuff for the home and garden apart from plants. 

After that, if I survive the experience,  I will carry with my fencing job in The Shed.  I only got a little bit done yesterday so will continue with what I've got but I still need to get some more.   Lots of other bits and pieces needed as well so I ought to get a bit more organised and make a list.  (instead of keeping it all in my head and winging it).  I had a bit of a mishap as I caught the end of a rail when I lowered the entry flap and bent it up.   A considerable number of words that are not allowed on here were uttered.  It took me about an hour to repair the damage with the aid of a few more choice words, some Evostick to glue the sleepers back down and solder to re-attach the rail to the screw underneath.   All tested and it works fine but a bit more ballasting now needed in that area.  Fingers crossed that it stays attached.  I think I'll go back to leaving the flap fixed and crawling under in future.

As far as the roofing job goes James tells me that the job he's on should finish Thursday so he may be able to come on Friday.  Fingers crossed again for the weather behaving.

Ah, The Boss has appeared and spoken - "timetogettamoveon."

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Oil paintings - an environmental disaster.

image.png.98968167a86082dc38f6f475ebbdee1c.png

Another bunch of confused "activists".

I wonder how much CO2 they personally emit?  Too much, I'd say....

• Like 2
  • Agree 14

• RMweb Gold

I'm up, had breakfast, tidied a few things and am waiting for the groceries to come, minus 1 item which is not urgent and 2 subs which are just variations on what I'd ordered so it should all be OK.

After that I have a few bulbs to plant.  Then I'm not sure, it depends whether the sun puts in an appearance in which case I might go and take photos somewhere.  If it stays cloudy I'll just have a local walk and then find something to do at home.

For once there is nothing on the to do list which needs to be done today.

David

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Hroth said:

Another bunch of confused "activists".

I wonder how much CO2 they personally emit?  Too much, I'd say....

I may well be wrong, I am often told that I am; but wasn't the oil in Old oil paints Ali natural ones such as linseed. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 2
  • Agree 15
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

5 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

My welbe wrong, I am often told that I am, but wasn't the oil in Old oil paints alInatural one such as linseed. 

Jamie

I think it's more to do with the donors/sponsorship of the gallery being an oil company however given today's attitude it could be that they wanted there '15 minutes of fame' as well.

• Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Again no interruptions from bladder control last night and six hours solid sleep. Not a lot to do today, I will be finishing off a few bits in the garden this afternoon and hopefully the builder will be coming back to complete the restoration of the back garden soon.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Perhaps this is the type of shirt John was looking for - seen in Marks and Spencer. Apologies for any offence but in my mind, if you need a 3XL shirt, you are not 'Slim Fit'

MSShirt.jpg.e1516088de7455a351a3991fbe340092.jpg

I always buy shirts a size larger than my size, they always fit after the first wash.😉

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Perhaps this is the type of shirt John was looking for - seen in Marks and Spencer. Apologies for any offence but in my mind, if you need a 3XL shirt, you are not 'Slim Fit'

MSShirt.jpg.e1516088de7455a351a3991fbe340092.jpg

Rough translation, it's actually a 1XL, but we'll flog it as a 3XL slim fit to make more money by using less cloth.

• Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

A walk to Asda has been made  but garden centre visit has been put on hold as somebody's knee (not mine)  is hurting.

Time for a coffee and then a decision will be made whether or not to visit The Shed.   I seem to be lacking in enthusiasm at the moment.  

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

We slept in this morning, having arisen about an hour ago. When I got up it was raining, the sun is now shining and the sky is blue! The first job of the day is to re-hang the living room curtains, so that’ll be the morning gone. After that, I’ll probably stay inside and continue with the painting of the cellar, the bulb planting can wait. 

Back later. 

Brian

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The bladder control might have been asleep last night but the day shift is making up for it. Actually it was the third muggatee with breakfast is the likely culprit. Time for lunch, be back later.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4