The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

3 hours ago, The White Rabbit said:

Evening all,

Notalot done today. Though I did make a liddle more progress on the Great Email Review (delete or save) Sort Out.... 

Some really aren't suitable for RMW but there's one to share with you - there is a certain employment agency in Germany which advertises their services using 3D posters on various machines throughout the country. IMHO, good advertising...   

vendingmachines1.jpg.bba95944f6831a8317c983129efdb072.jpg

vendingmachines2.jpg.9e1f6834de53a66cd3ab4b20f527ce2f.jpg

vendingmachines3.jpg.f6d42533c0fdd0d21b9c994e92a53411.jpg

vendingmachines4.jpg.fa3b9ea8ec1bcee9688cd83e2367e762.jpg

vendingmachines5.jpg.402aaba4d5972347858408b742caca88.jpg

vendingmachines6.jpg.81666d8fb8c42ac8a4d6f54d014d7d8d.jpg

vendingmachines7.jpg.7c509fb14374ae026e3544de8ed04cfd.jpg

Is that Liz Truss in the fifth picture? I was wondering what became of her...

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. More whizzes and bangs this evening but not as bad as last night and now there's only a few in the distance. I can't help thinking of the pets on Guy Fawkes night, some must be extremely frightened.

Classic FM have been running a programme of "soothing music" between 5pm and 9pm on Saturday and today to allow petowners to blank out the constant bombardment of loud multishot fireworks.  The only problem is that the racket continues after the programme stops*, and there's a second peak when the drunks come home from the pub...

Of course, its sponsored by a dogfood company!

* To be fair, all Classic FMs later evening programming tends heavily towards the "soothing and restful".  Enough, in fact, to act as an aid to sleepiness!  Zzzzzz.....

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Could it perhaps actually be that  modern documentaries just seem more simplistic  because being much older and wiser than we were in the 60's we pretty much know everything already  by now?

Certainly not. Its that current generation aren't as intelligent as we were and have a shorter attention span. What was I saying.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 8

Clocks changed here this morning - so the 'normal' differences in time zones have been renewed.

This afternoon is very dark - not because of the clocks but because the forecast rain has arrived. It is mid-to-late afternoon and still at least 90 minutes before sunset.

EDIT

While not warm, temperatures are above where they were some days back in clear weather. The thermostatically controlled furnace was needed then, not so much now.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

But keeping His Furship away from the wet areas hasn't been at all easy.  I shall find out in the morning how successful I have (or have not) been tonight when I inspect the final application in the cold light of day.  

Or inspect His Furship for signs of Ronseal?

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

When I got up this morning, surprisingly the sun was shining, so decided to make the most of it and I went straight outside, as the stone cellar steps needed a good clean, as did the workshop decking and the garden paths. So, after breakfast I made a muggertea to take outside with me and headed out to the shed to get the pressure washer. I’d just started work on the cellar steps when I felt it start to rain, before I had chance to switch of the pressure washer, the rain had stopped, so I carried on. An hour and a half later I was sat on the bench under the workshop window, having my tea, when it once again started to rain! So, I quickly finished my tea and packed everything away and headed inside. At this point, Sheila asked for my assistance in taking down the living room window blinds, so they could be washed, that didn’t take long, but by then it was almost dinner time! 

After dinner, I mixed a second blue colour, slightly darker than the one I’d mixed earlier in the week and began painting the cellar ceiling, by the time I’d knocked off for the day, I’d painted about 1/4 of the ceiling and I’m pleased with how it’s looking. The forecast for tomorrow is rain again, so I’ll continue painting the ceiling. Once that’s done, the next stage will be to apply both blue colours to the walls and then blend them in so that the dark colour (which will be at the top of the wall) gradually fades to the light colour at the centre of the wall. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Tony_S said:

The journey from near Grantham to York was awful. The A1 was closed and we were diverted off through somewhere called Blyth and then through various other places to rejoin the A1, though it may have been the A1M by then. Another diversion to avoid bridgeworks took us away from the A1.

I expect some of that was because of weekend closure as we drove north of Doncaster on Monday where the bridge works were down to a single lane in each direction. If you don't need to go to Grantham then you can avoid almost all of the A1 by coming home on the M1 around Leeds and then coming off south of Leicester on the A14 to Cambridge and then M11 towards home.

I left Grantham in 1978 but until very recently we went to visit family every couple of weeks, until it was time to start arranging funerals . . . . . . . . 

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday - did you know there's a museum and model shop in York . . . . . . . . 😀

• Like 14
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1