The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Gwiwer said:

The results were ok though. Longships lighthouse (fourth  one down) is around seven miles from my vantage point. The bird-in-flight was off Lands End some five miles distant. 

What are we having for our evening meal?

• Like 13
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

It's 6.30p.m.  The postman has just delivered my post.

I think it is good service, I assume it must have been late coming to the local sorting office.

Edit - It really was the postman, his van is parked just along the road.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 18
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I haven't been out today but there's no sign of any damage in the garden and the new wheelie bin is still standing upright in the front of the house. It's all change on the rubbish collection around here at the end of the month. Instead of using black plastic sacks for the rubbish we're getting a proper wheelie bin that will be emptied fortnightly. Two reusable sacks, a blue one for paper and cardboard and a white one for plastics and metal cans and foil. The garden waste, food waste and glass bottle collections will remain the same. 

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

We have been getting ready for our trip to Yorkshire.  I think Aditi thinks we need to dress for the Arctic whereas I think we need waterproof coats. Most of our recent holidays have been to warmer climates so much sorting out was required. With stuff going in and out of wardrobes Imwas certainly having hanger management issues. The boot on the Evoque isn’t huge but we have managed with our luggage making use of the rear seats.  However the seats will be occupied by MiL and our nephew on the first stage of the journey to Kettering. Something will have to be left!

Could strap MiL to the roof and give nephew a skate board?

• Like 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

A bit of a rough afternoon with the cough that had abated - it was just hiding.

I'm with @polybear about the Beatles song, it was rubbish.

I did have a little scout around in beamland, well trussland (no not that one) this afternoon looking for some stock boxes, and found a box of HO locos I had forgotten about, from a house/layout clearance we helped with a few years ago.  They would have been just the job....when I modelled in HO.  Pah.  Several Kato and Atlas undecorated Alco locos, so will probably sell them as the are still pretty good models with excellent mechanisms, especially the Kato drives. It was a box of memories as there were a few other things in it I hadn't seen for many a year, what I think may be a Cary Alco S1 which appears to be cast from depleted uranium it is so heavy!  

Tis amazing the memories that come back when you start to 'clear' things.

• Like 2
  • Agree 14

8 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Halloween went well, though blqqdy cold

Is that the first snow of the season in the garden bed?

Halloween was usually the first day of 'wintry mix' precipitation in Chicago. Rarely proper snow - more like cold rain and sleet occasionally with ice.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Bear here......

Those gits in Wee Wee Control thought it a good wheeze to hit the button at 0450, meaning no more snooze for this Bear....

Today will see some serious hagglin' with AA Insurance - if they don't play then Bear is offski, as well as a good chance I'll be ditching a certain Credit Card (unless they see sense) and applying for a different one instead.

Apart from that it'll be muddlin' related activities.  Yippee.

ION......

British Justice??  Don't make me larf......

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/son-of-two-retired-met-police-officers-who-avoided-jail-despite-killing-two-pedestrians-while-drug-driving-faces-arrest-for-the-eighth-time-for-refusing-to-attend-court/ar-AA1jeqW5?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d5de9394e35d4a65beb0305b46b183f0&ei=45

....and if after reading that you feel like punching a wall, well (a) welcome to the club, and (b) don't - it hurts.....

BG

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

A trip to see the ban manager this morning then a 7yr olds birthday party this evening.

What have you been banned from?

And a pink terrorist b/day party?  We'll send flowers.....

(Still, death by jelly n' ice cream seems a pretty good way to go)

• Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

@Erichill16 will ben pleased to know that an operator reminder session on a layout he has seen went well last night.next up.. a trip to a show with it.

Cricket meeting went well yesterday. Headingley cricket field is ...very, very wet...

Today we have a scheduled visit from the carpet fitter to check measurements etc and finalise the price.. this will be an "ouch" moment for my wallet.

I also need to visit the watch battery fitting expert, buy some white ink and then go to a new bar with youngest Herbert.

My Ed Cold is now a radping cough.. but my voice has returned (some may say this us a bad thing!)

Time to make a mugatea and gerronwithit!

Have as good a day as you can!

Baz

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16