The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

It was rather sunny here so we decided we would take our new footwear for a walk. However it has really clouded over so probably won’t bother. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Avocado doesn't taste like soap to me but its slimy consistency when eaten sliced or chunked induces my gag reflex.  It's fine as guacamole or "smashed" however.  

Avocado.. isn't it green putty?

Turned into pured toad (Aka guacamole) it's OK

Baz

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Am I alone in thinking some of the commentators about technical aspect of a hobby to do with running items on parallel bits of metal have the technical knowledge of a piece of wood??

Just asking for a mate...

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Am I wrong in believing that it is illegal for a male to pee in his apartment toilet overnight unless seated?  This to avoid noise transmission to neighbours.

That does not sound like good noise insulation to me - or perhaps it is a Canton thing and does not apply where you live.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

It seems that many members of the Public feel that two Police Officers have received a cr@p deal in the interests of seeking out scapegoats:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-67236220

When those pulled over are filmed saying "Don't you know who I am??" I rapidly lose what little sympathy I may (or may not) have had.

Bear has a simple ooutlook:

If the Police say "Pull Over" then that's what you do.

If the Police say "Wind the window down" then that's what you do.

If the Police say "Turn the engine off and get out of the vehicle" then that's what you do.

If the Police say "Open the Boot" then that's what you do.

It's not hard, or difficult.

The moment you start arguing etc. it's all going to go downhill.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

Am I wrong in believing that it is illegal for a male to pee in his apartment toilet overnight unless seated?  This to avoid noise transmission to neighbours.

That does not sound like good noise insulation to me - or perhaps it is a Canton thing and does not apply where you live.

I have seen signs stating something like “kein stehpinkeln” , but that was in Germany not Switzerland. I didn’t think it was due to noise though.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 2

23 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

A lot of the pre-war (that’s WWII btw) apartments were built very cheaply with minimal insulation and shared plumbing (and in some very, very, old pre WWI apartments with a loo to share on each floor). Although such apartments are now often in trendy sought after areas, a huge number were cheaply built to house workers although as worker’s’ accommodation they were miles ahead of most anything offered elsewhere in Europe at the time).

I would imagine that moving from a poor rural area (Switzerland was a very poor country until about the early 50s) to the city and to a workers’ apartment with indoor running water, good heating (a kachelofen if not central heating) would have been the height of luxury.

Most apartment hausordnung date from that time and is just a way to ensure that people can live together fairly friction free. Many hausordnung in old apartment buildings still have prohibitions about showering after a certain time, flushing the loo in the wee hours of the morning and so on. Being required to sit to urinate is a new one on me and sounds like a hygiene messure more than anything else.

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

ION.......

Bear picked up a couple of these in Tess & Co yesterday, just for the hell of it.  I suspect that @iL Dottore and residents of Distant Signal (West) @Gwiwer will be horrified.....

Beary verdict?  "OK"..... 

image.png.ec595a0c4151f1b234bbfcef45312bfc.png

BG

Edited by polybear
  • Like 10
  • Funny 8