The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A bright, sunny, breezy start to the day here in England’s northwest corner, where the temperature is a cool 12C. I’ll shortly be heading out to the butchers for the weekly meat rations and a pork pie for my dinner. Then I’ll go the the Trafford Centre for a few more bits and pieces, after the that, the rest of the day is my own. So the plan is to head downstairs to the office and tweak the layout plan to add the gas works to it. 

Birthday wishes to both Mrs GDB and Mrs BAZ.

Back later. 

Brian

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from the Charente and Bon Anniversaire to Hillary and her Bossiness.  

We were up early but headed for the little market in Néré, Cakes were bought then we joined two friends for coffee and chin wag.  Now back home. Not much on the agenda apart from sourcing some small copperclad strand apchat to some friends. 

Regards to all. 

Jamie

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Did the quiz twice with different answers apart from one question and it still came up with black garden ant!

I was a Woodlouse.

Edit . I have corrected the spelling. It originally appeared as Woodhouse.Apologies to anyone offended or triggered by something to do with wooden garden buildings. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Funny 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

That water looks a bit brown. 

Given its the Top End its probably the only bit of it that you can go in without being attacked by crocodiles.

The  Arafura Sea is  a stunning sapphire, it looks very  inviting but you darent put a toe in.

9 minutes ago, Hroth said:

According to the quiz, I'm either a

• Common Earthworm
  • Seven-spot Ladybird

Don't know which worries me the most....

I am a Wolf Spider. It should have been obvious which way it was going the second I answered the question about how many legs I have. 

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Doubtless we will spend a lot of time doing it only for others to decide they wanted something different all along.  It feels just like work used to be.  

Rule One applies:

"If you don't like it - do it yourself....."

10 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Did the quiz twice with different answers apart from one question and it still came up with black garden ant!

Welcome to the club......

Bear here.....

Dishwasher unloaded.  Tick

Paperwork done.  Tick

Info for Bunny sent.  Big Tick

Lots of Peco 1/8th Fibre Washers ordered; they're no longer making them, apparently - I've heard that from two separate & highly reliable sources in the last few days.  Tick

BG

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, polybear said:

Apparently "Sycamore Gap" has now been renamed on maps to "Sycamore Stump" already

The experts seem pretty sure it will coppice. But we will have to wait between twenty and twenty five years before it grows again. I'm also sure that someone else is involved with this act of vandalism, almost certainly an adult. I don't think a 16-year-old would have the skills and ability to have cut down the tree on his own.

• Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Pretty sure that someone of 16  brought up in the farming life or other country ways would be capable of wielding a chainsaw.

But at night in the middle of nowhere with only two hands . Where do you stick the torch .

• Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6