The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

No, it meant preparing flip charts, whiteboards and copious post it notes... And then running the session. First time I've done that but wasn't too scary.

Ah yes, I remember flip charts.

• RMweb Gold

BIG writing and 'blu tacked' to the walls........other sticky stuff is available and may stay on the wall longer.

... or there were (are?) those special display boards that you weren't suppose to use drawing pins or Blu-Tack on! I used to like those meetings where someone would come along with a projector system and it wouldn't work and everyone had to look at a 10inch laptop screen. I think reliable pc projectors were developed after I stopped work!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

I managed to avoid using blu-tack, as I used magnetic clips. Yes, the walls of our cells meeting rooms are metal...

This makes me wonder whether you may have any mobile phone reception at all in there!

Morning all - looking foggy again and nothing to report as of yet at this silly hour. I could have slept longer, but once I'm awake trying to get back to sleep messes me up more than it might do me good.

Hello Percy and Good night!

What's your story? Modelling through the night and then going to bed at dawn?

Partly cloudy here but lots of blue sky, so hopefully a nice day.

Rain yesterday morning delayed the start of a crickt test against Australia by two hours. At close of play they were 214 for 8 so a really good start for us.

Edited by DonBradley

Morning All,

No thunderstorms here - but it is a very damp, drizzly morning. Still, it's November so what do we expect?!?

Oh well, the week is drawing to a close, but this weekend is going to be a stressful one.

Have a good day everyone...

Good morning all. another grey day in the boring borough. (why do I bother even posting when nothing changes) Another day of working from home waiting for muppets to get their work done so I can carry on with mine.

Managed to fire up the airbrush last night and give the Summit gas station/convenience store kit a coat of paint. Need to do this with a couple more structure kits so I can bring them inside and finish them off while catching up on the 30 or so hours cached on the Sky+ Box. I am having some problem with the compressor though as its only ramping up to around 30psi instead of its normal 45. That means the airbrush is only getting around 15psi. (sadly its just a cheap Clarke with no tank) Have to go looking to see what's causing this. I've already eliminated the hose and brush leaking.

Have a good day all, and take care.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, quite bright here. This call out is turning out to be less than arduous so far, which is really good apart from the fact that I might have to go to work tomorrow during the day to make up the 30 hours minimum we have to do whilst on call.

Bathroom cleaning and cake making duties are on the agenda today ahead of the family day on Saturday, will try not to get the ingredients for both mixed up. The house is tidy for a while, my new PS3 game is waiting to be played so all is well with the world, for a while at least.

Have a good one.

Morning all!

Dominik, it's only two walls of each room that are lined with metal, the other two are (mostly) glass. Any pictures, whiteboards etc are held to the walls with fairly strong magnets. So, yes, we do still get mobile signal in there. At my desk a few feet away, I normally get 5 bars of 3G signal on my iPhone.

Talking of which, time I was on my way there now. I have a pre-pre-meeting today for tomorrow's pre-meeting for a meeting next week with Audit Scotland.

Hi Robert, what's going to make the week end so stressful? I hope you survive it!

I expect I'll survive it Don!

I was asked to help organise a weekend Church meeting. In a weak moment, I said "Yes".

For various reasons the meeting got moved to Belgium, and then I ended up encountering transport problems in actually getting there.

Around fifteen people are supposed to be coming. Five of them have told me how they are arriving, the rest I have no idea.

Of the five who have told me how they are getting to Belgium, four are arriving in Brussels and not Namur (where they are supposed to be).

Somehow, I have to get these people from Brussels to Namur - all of whom arrive at different times, in different places.

I haven't quite worked out yet how this is going to happen - given that I have to get myself there too.

Plus, I don't speak Flemish!