The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

After my fall one of our friends must made assumptions about my footwear and told me I should be wearing proper walking boots. She was surprised when I said I was, not only were they walking boots, they were German walking boots, and probably hand made by elves in the Black Forest. 

There's the problem.  They were forest walking boots, not HILL walking boots...

• Like 3
  • Funny 16

6 minutes ago, Hroth said:

There's the problem.  They were forest walking boots, not HILL walking boots...

One assumes- fatal I know, that the elves were not being exploited and we're being paid a living wage. Or are we talking about elves in a sweat shop. Yes I know but you try making something rhyme with that.

• Like 13
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

One assumes- fatal I know, that the elves were not being exploited and we're being paid a living wage. Or are we talking about elves in a sweat shop. Yes I know but you try making something rhyme with that.

Perhaps next time I will buy British boots to avoid any exploitation of woodland folk. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

about elves in a sweat shop. Yes I know but you try making something rhyme with that.

Kirsty McColl had a song about Elvis in a chip shop..

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Heddlu is probably on the other side....

I doubt it - the vehicle  (posted on F***book, I see)  looks like it resides in/near Bromborough on the English side of the border. One this side of the border would though.

Edited by southern42
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 3

5 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Have you tried holding your breath/drinking a glass of water/singing the National Anthem?

It's much more effective if you drink the water from the wrong side of the glass.

• Like 3
  • Agree 9
  • Funny 2

20 hours ago, polybear said:

iPhones are reported to be notoriously difficult to access by law enforcement

Data stored on an iPhone with a passcode is hard to crack. Data transmitted during navigation (like location, speed etc) and stored in the software corporation's database is not.

How do you think they know where the traffic is heavy or light?

EDIT:

In much the same way Google knows this about the local cineplex:

image.png.ed906505044b60cea936a894ff76500b.png

Edited by Ozexpatriate
Added live cinema activity
  • Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

One of the absurdities of modern life is that body of opinion which uses social media and relies on smart devices complaining they're being tracked by big government and big tech. I don't dispute (nor do I especially like) that we're surveilled, tracked and used for data mining etc but anyone continuing to use social media, smart devices etc has basically accepted that as part of the deal.

• Agree 18

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Data stored on an iPhone with a passcode is hard to crack. Data transmitted during navigation (like location, speed etc) and stored in the software corporation's database is not.

How do you think they know where the traffic is heavy or light?

In military intelligence it is not necessary to decrypt signals and Comms for it to be useful, just tracking volume and traffic flows reveals a lot.

• Agree 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

6 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

S.P.E.W., or the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare (as created by Hermione Granger) to whit:

"I was going to put Stop the Outrageous Abuse of Our Fellow Magical Creatures and Campaign for a Change in Their Legal Status — but it wouldn't fit. So that's the heading of our manifesto"

And yes, searching for SOAOFMCCCTLS produces relevant hits.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
SOAOFMCCCTLS
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AndyID said:

It's much more effective if you drink the water from the wrong side of the glass.

Have you ever tried that?  If not then I'd suggest sitting in a bath before trying.  Ask me how I know.....

• Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

21 minutes ago, polybear said:

Have you ever tried that?  If not then I'd suggest sitting in a bath before trying.  Ask me how I know.....

Think of it as a mild form of shock therapy.😄

• Like 5
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Up at fairlysillyo'clock; not sure what today will bring as yet - quite possibly a clean of the H/S/L cos' (a) it's easy, (b) it's quick, (c) there's no guff such as ornaments to deal with, and (d) it's pretty clean anyway, having only just been completed.  So why bother?  Well the carpet laying generated fluff n' stuff and also so I can say/feel that all of Bear Towers has been cleaned.

I've just tried the mobile phone seller advertiser yet again - the b'sterd still displays the following message whenever I hit the "Buy Now" button:

"The card details supplied have not been accepted by our processing systems. This could be because:

Your address details given may not match the address registered with your bank. 

You may have inadequate funds in your account"

Of course I might be receiving fifteen mobile phones in today's post......

I feel a SnottyBearyPhoneCall to the company rapidly approaching.

In other news.....

I see the Orange One now has a mug shot - he obviously tried to give it his finest Paddington Bear Stare Total Tw@t stare....and succeeded magnificently.  Bear predicts a flood of T-shirts becoming available very soon, complete with suitable comments added.

And finally.....

This'll sting in the morning:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/drunk-driver-crashes-into-passenger-train-at-railroad-crossing/vi-AA1fynXS?ocid=socialshare

And Bear doesn't suggest that @grandadbob  GDB goes trying this anytime soon:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/daredevils-perform-insane-gravity-defying-car-stunt/vi-AA1fJghB?ocid=socialshare

Bear gone.

Edited by polybear
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1