The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

9 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I would like to issue the following statement - Nope, Narda, Nein not me. Statement ends.

I suppose a garage is out of the question then?

41 minutes ago, polybear said:

In other news.....

There's video here, showing the aircraft that the Wagner Boss was *supposedly* on going down:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66601553

- which seems to be a rather strange way for an aircraft to crash - unless something very catastrophic has happened to it of course.....

Unless it became a target .....

ION

Off up the smoke again this morning, back later.

Over and Out.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, PupCam said:

I suppose a garage is out of the question then?

If Bear remembers correctly then WB does in fact have a Garage after all - a snippet that he somehow forgot to mention when saying how shedless he is....

22 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Unless it became a target .....

Shurely Not?

It seems the Bosses' right-hand man was on board as well.....but were they?  Or is it all a clever ploy to disappear......

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

• RMweb Premium

I'd be surprised if the Prigozhin plane crash was an accident.

In life you can have some enemies, but to make enemies of everyone isn't wise. He led an attempted mutiny so the Russian government had every reason to exact revenge after things quietened down. The Ukrainian's had every reason to hate him. Western intelligence agencies weren't fans (there has been speculation he was playing multiple games) and mobsters tend to have enemies in their own world. It reminds me of the old (very poor taste) joke when someone deeply unpopular dies there are X million suspects (X being the population of the country).

Either way, outside his immediate family and entourage I'm not sure many will miss him.

• Like 3
  • Agree 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Had a good seven hours sleep last night despite a couple of trips to the loo. The joints were a lot easier too. Waiting in today for a parcel Parcel should have been delivered yesterday having been marked as dispatched. I went to check on it and found the dispatch notice had been cancelled. The vendor had also closed their E-bay account. I have notified E-bay and Paypal.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I'd be surprised if the Prigozhin plane crash was an accident.

In life you can have some enemies, but to make enemies of everyone isn't wise. He led an attempted mutiny so the Russian government had every reason to exact revenge after things quietened down. The Ukrainian's had every reason to hate him. Western intelligence agencies weren't fans (there has been speculation he was playing multiple games) and mobsters tend to have enemies in their own world. It reminds me of the old (very poor taste) joke when someone deeply unpopular dies there are X million suspects (X being the population of the country).

Either way, outside his immediate family and entourage I'm not sure many will miss him.

By all accounts he p1ssed off quite a few of his own guys as well because of the Moscow saga.

2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Whilst a hyperactive boweled Bear is most deserving of sympathy (severe acute diarrhea can be life threatening), I'm wondering whether or not "food poisoning" is really to blame.

One of the idiosyncrasies of the human body is that the gut flora varies, not only within the GI tract itself, but also from geographic location to geographic location - based on a myriad of factors (see: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-82311-3)) and there is evidence that when you stay in a country for more than a few days (especially if you eat what the locals eat), your gut flora will change and "go native" (so to speak). For many (such as myself, when I was in Japan) the changeover results in a minimal and short lived GI disturbance - for others it can be more severe indeed.

"Disgusting" Medical Fun Fact: Patients sometimes get faecal transplants. Faecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) is a treatment used for Clostridium difficile infection that is either recurring or is not responsive to standard treatment. And researchers are now also studying the effect of FMT in Ulcerative colitis (UC),  Crohn’s disease,  Cirrhosis, Multiple sclerosis, Depression, Obesity, Food allergies, Diabetes and diabetic neuropathy.

Who knows, there may come a day when, in going to the GP, you may be asked to take away a poo sample and not leave one....

Bear started to wonder how the poo is administered - Up?  Down? IV?

And then I rapidly decided I'd really rather not know.....

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Had a good seven hours sleep last night despite a couple of trips to the loo. The joints were a lot easier too. Waiting in today for a parcel Parcel should have been delivered yesterday having been marked as dispatched. I went to check on it and found the dispatch notice had been cancelled. The vendor had also closed their E-bay account. I have notified E-bay and Paypal.

I wonder how such people actually think they're going to get away with such behaviour?

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Back from another successful "Smoke run".  

It's ironic that it is far easier and  probably quicker to go up to London for blood tests than to have them done locally.   It certainly amuses me that such facts provide excellent ammunition for the "how carp the local service is discussion" that I may be having at some point.

In Other News

Stumbled on on Faceache.   A little rocket science related story for a Thursday afternoon which may be of interest.      And to think there are countless hundreds of other "little" problems to overcome in such a system.

TTFN

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 3

5 hours ago, polybear said:

If Bear remembers correctly then WB does in fact have a Garage after all - a snippet that he somehow forgot to mention when saying how shedless he is....

Shurely Not?

It seems the Bosses' right-hand man was on board as well.....but were they?  Or is it all a clever ploy to disappear......

Drat I was hoping no one would remember that 'minor' fact. Trust the Bear to be the one as well. Will have to remember to be careful what I say in front of him now.😁

• Like 4
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The problem with the E-bay purchase was dealt with promptly by E-bay/Paypal, within ten minutes of my reporting the problem. I placed the item on my watch list and when I made the purchase it immediately moved to the 'ended' page. There it said 'see relisted item' and when I clicked on there it said sale closed. It might be that they were on to him already as his E-bay account was closed.

1 hour ago, polybear said:

I wonder how such people actually think they're going to get away with such behaviour?

As you can see above he didn't.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Drat I was hoping no one would remember that 'minor' fact. Trust the Bear to be the one as well. Will have to remember to be careful what I say in front of him now.😁

Do you have any other garden constructions, like a greenhouse, cold frames or gnome display stands?

• Funny 17

1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear started to wonder how the poo is administered - Up?  Down? IV?

And then I rapidly decided I'd really rather not know.....

As you ask so nicely...😁

Faeces* are liquidised, filtered and the resultant liquid is administered by colonoscopy. The patient is prepped and managed as for a diagnostic colonoscopy (bowel prep before and something like propofol during). After administration, the patient is discharged (or sent back to the ward) and instructed to take/given an antimotility drug - such as loperamide - for a short while afterward. The antimotility drug slows down bowel function (it increases the time material stays in the intestine, allowing more water to be absorbed, It also decreases colonic movements and suppresses the gastrocolic reflex).

If all goes well, the patient ends up with a gut full of healthy "good bacteria" and is on the mend....

*not just any old poo, there's a detailed protocol associated with obtaining the right "good gut bacteria"

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1

6 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

As you ask so nicely...😁

Faeces* are liquidised, filtered and the resultant liquid is administered by colonoscopy. The patient is prepped and managed as for a diagnostic colonoscopy (bowel prep before and something like propofol during). After administration, the patient is discharged (or sent back to the ward) and instructed to take/given an antimotility drug - such as loperamide - for a short while afterward. The antimotility drug slows down bowel function (it increases the time material stays in the intestine, allowing more water to be absorbed, It also decreases colonic movements and suppresses the gastrocolic reflex).

If all goes well, the patient ends up with a gut full of healthy "good bacteria" and is on the mend....

*not just any old poo, there's a detailed protocol associated with obtaining the right "good gut bacteria"

TMI 😁

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10