The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, polybear said:

Brace yourselves.....

Those in charge of The Big House have actually made a sensible decision at last:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66417103

What's more, there's also a suggestion that the Policy may be back-dated to refund those affected by it in the past.

Bluddy Hell.....Bear's in shock....

And so it should be - the one that comes to mind is many years ago, again for murder, and he served 15 years before it was quashed ... he would have been better of with food and lodging if he had stayed inside - quite obviously something has been wrong for many many years.

• Like 6
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

But there's a ceiling of ten years compensation so anyone who has served more than ten years only gets ten years compensation.

No wonder he was p!ssed most of the time.

So the greater length of time served after qn incorrect verdict the less they care ... probably because there are too many already behind bars while the guilty who may well have very good lawyers (think about that) get away scott free.

• Like 14

Another overcast morning today - though quite dry. It does feel like a harbinger of the autumn weather to come in a month or so. I will welcome that - Autumn is my favourite time of year. 

The morning cloud should stop the day from being too hot though 30°C is forecast. Summer has been very dry and warmer than 'normal', but not the 'stupid' hot experienced in other places.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Studs in the nose are bad enough but those who adorn their genitals with studs and rings had better be careful with anything electrical.

Even worse (if that's possible) are those that subject themselves to "Tongue Splitting" - so you end up with a Tongue like a Snake.

IIRC it may be illegal in the US (or in some States at least).

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

4 minutes ago, polybear said:

it may be illegal in the US (or in some States at least).

Some ...

Tongue splitting is illegal in Delaware, New York, Tennessee, and Texas.

New Hampshire, Florida, Montana, Oregon, and Kentucky all require tongue splitting to be performed by a medical doctor or a dentist. 

The body modification fads (heavy facial piercing, ear gauging etc) and tattooing seem to be slightly less in fashion than they were.

Still around of course but 'feels like' it is not as ubiquitous. (Or perhaps I don't get out enough.)

Many years ago my fellow travellers and I were amused by pre-9/11(?) metal detector hand wand screening at LAX of two young ladies (not wearing much) creating multiple alerts, pretty much everywhere.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6
  • Funny 7

9 hours ago, polybear said:

image.png.0ca6ac814837045fee72c3d4f6552680.png

Rose-tinted glasses?!

Battery life was great as long as   you didnt make or receive any calls - I seem to remember old  phones had "Talk-times" listed which  from memory  was usually around 2 to 3 hours and in reality was usually shorter.

• Like 13
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Spent the afternoon sorting out some old magazines to go in the pink recycling sacks. Don't worry, there's nothing in the mags concerning things that run on parallel strips of metal either model or the real thing. There's a lot to get through so its going to take ages especially as I stop to read items in some of the mags.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, PupCam said:

I think it looks ridiculous.

I had a number of sites in my colon tattooed about 18months ago. Prior to that I did wonder if I was one of the few untatooed people,locally!

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I had a number of sites in my colon tattooed about 18months ago. Prior to that I did wonder if I was one of the few untatooed people,locally!

Is that in case they ever have to put you back together again.

I bet you have your own personal Haynes manual too.

• Like 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PupCam said:

I never could understand the desire to do such things.   Clearly I'm in a minority as everyone seems to have wallpapered their arms and legs these days.     Think it looks good?  Well sorry, I can't agree with you I think it looks ridiculous.    And as for other "decorations"!     

Bear recalls one of the Members of the "Military Wives" Choir who was smothered in Tattoo's - every time I saw her on telly I'd think to myself "FFS - WHY??"

• Like 2
  • Agree 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3