The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Unexpectedly, I've painted a kitchen ceiling this morning.

Didn't see that coming!

I think I'll be doing that soon. It doesn't look good when compared to all the other ceilings and I suspect that when someone stops admiring the new flooring, she will notice other areas of neglect!

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Wow what a great day I'm having - just got the bill for sorting out a few problems with the car which were done at the same time as the accident repair - that came in on estimate - the other few "small" jobs (replacing a door trim strip and a seat release catch - both appalling pieces of design) meant the my bill for these small jobs was over £100.00 - it appears that my local garage is now charging about £50.00 ph for labour.

Well, we will be slaves to our four wheeled personal conveyances, so I guess we need to pay the price - I know that nowadays, there is almost nothing that I can do apart from fill the screenwash and check and top up the oil. I no longer recognise most of the bits under the bonnet, and got a very odd look from the mechanic when I asked him about the carb and the points!

• RMweb Gold
Had my flu jab this morning. In and out in less that 5 minutes.

Ouch Last time I had a jab it was over in seconds.

Don: I often look into early risers on my phone, in the few minutes I have between morning chores and actually leaving he house. I don't always have time to post anything meaningful though. ........Eh? ........Meaningful? ....... What's that?

• RMweb Gold

Guys, what would you do in my place? I am finding myself stuck in indecision about a loco conversion project - in fact, I haven't been able to make up my mind about it for a long time... :mellow:

If you can't work out which version, buy another donor model and do both. Perhaps it is time to start building something to run your trains on!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Ouch Last time I had a jab it was over in seconds.

Does anyone else remember the inoculations given at school? The lucky child with the pink card got the new sharp needle, the one in front of them had the well used blunt one.

Tony

Hello!

Saturday has arrived, so you can be a late riser if you choose!

I've been up for well over an hour already and will still have another hour or more to wait before you lot have sufaced.

Still cloudyish. Have a happy day all.

Thanks for the message BoD.

• RMweb Premium

(...) and will still have another hour or more to wait before you lot have sufaced.

No, you don't! :lol:

Morning all - 10° and pitch dark outside. We'll be off to the Saarland between about 9 and 10 am. Time permitting, we may also do a quick trip over to France to try and obtain some delicacies.

Have a good one, guys...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. A slightly earlier start today as I have a few things to do before heading over to Wycombe. Really looking forward to the show - if not the journey - and hope to meet several of you there later. Have a good day everyone, especially those at various exhibitions around the country.

I'm on my second coffee.

A hive of activity here - or it will be when SWMBO wakes up.

I noticed tins of undercoat and gloss on the kitchen table but that will have to wait as I'm off to Llandudno later.

MiL has developed a heart murmur on top of her other problems.

All checked out and medication arranged.

I have a couple of 009 scratchbuilds to post off this morning - when I obtain a suitable box.

I've started a photo gallery on here (not model related).

Lots of professionals and some cracking pictures on the site if anyone is interested:

http://www.ephotozin...dolfelin-177144

Edited for finger trouble.

Edited by DDolfelin

Morning All,

The day has dawned cloudy, but the sun is shining at the moment which is a welcome addition.

The crash on the M5 looks truly horrific. I've driven up and down that road many times (as I am sure many of us have).

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all, I have been dressed for 10 minutes and already I have dripped jam on my shirt not the best start to the day. The toast was nice though!

What flavour?

Morning all, News of the M5 crash has even reached Gotham City.........

Weather looks great for here today and tomorrow for the NYC Marathon.

Best, Pete.

Morning all. Cool, damp, cloudy, and that's just my brain this morning. Outside it's about the same. Still waiting for the second cup of coffee to help me reboot. Finally decided to upgrade my pc to Win 7 64. Of course that means a complete rebuild. Just backing up all the local drives to the NAS to be safe. How the hell did the profiles grow to 122Gb? Time for a massive clean down or archiving.