The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

All quiet outside as it would seem everybody's making good use of the extra hour we got this past night. I actually slept quite well, too. Also, I restarted work on the bigger one of my papers and made quite a bit of progress yesterday, so it shouldn't take too long for me to complete it.

Weather looks set to be rather balmy once again. It's about 10° as I'm typing this.

Cheers everyone!

Good Morning! Actually haven't been to bed here yet.........

As opposed to Dom, weather here quite barmy.

We had in total (it just stopped) .76" of precip which equated to 5 inches of heavy, wet snow and we were well off, believe me. Winds were high and whenever I took the dog out I could hear crack - thump as large tree limbs fell all around. I'm with PSE&G and I believe they have 400,000 people without power - mainly due to downed trees pulling down power lines.

Reporters are saying power loss worse than Hurricane Irene and it could take over a week for some to be powered up again (rural areas).

So I'm lucky - we had some brownouts but touch wood we're OK. I'm using my old Apple laptop just in case....

Best, Pete.

PS Local news now saying 2 million people without power overall and warning everyone to stay out of public parks and away from trees (they still have leaves on).

Edited by trisonic

Returned from Church.

Totally overcast with some rain drops on the window panes

Quite safe in the park - no tree limbs likely to fall..

F1 broadcast doesn't start until 11:45..

Collect lunch from Deli (roast lamb etc. etc) at 11:00am.

Drinks at 12:00

No list!

• RMweb Premium

Does that mean you will be an hour nearer to my time or another hour further away?

Day dawned bright and relatively clear BUT. weather forecast is rain by noon.

Being close to the mountain means that we can have our own unique weather pattern making accurate forecasting impossible.

Happy Sunday all.

They're going back.

Just hope the RMWeb clock doesn't move everyone about, because we changed at the start of the month and it took a couple of goes to get the time right.

Odd showers all day in eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Kevin Martin

Morning all, I look like I'm first of the Europeans posting!

I'm off to Glasgow in half an hour, might go swimming with Jamie this afternoon, but depends on time and whether there's a list. Watching the F1 will have to wait till this evening. As I was unsure of which clocks (including my alarm) needed changing, I stayed up till they changed themselves (or not).

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, slept too late for the F1 start so will watch it later Mrs B is not amused something about unreliable men, I am taking her to Ikea as a penance. Yesterday I was a complete numpty and drove towards a camera van at a steady 40mph they always park them in 30 mph limits.

• Like 1

Hi folks, I'm back (not that I've been anywhere) but netless for several days.. been pretty wet here (but none of the white stuff) Now just hope that I can try and catch up ( even so with all the work stuff!).

Clocks dont change here at all just have to remember the time difference's when contacting colleagues in other countries!

Trev

Morning all, slept too late for the F1 start so will watch it later Mrs B is not amused something about unreliable men, I am taking her to Ikea as a penance. Yesterday I was a complete numpty and drove towards a camera van at a steady 40mph they always park them in 30 mph limits.

Not so - the Northern Constabulary certainly use them on the A9 in the Highland Region - in fact tgere was a report in one of the local papers a couple of weeks ago saying that these cameras have raked in £2million in the past year

Edited by shortliner

• RMweb Gold

I think they could try a few mobile speed camera vans in some of the 20mph limited areas round here.

I wouldn't mind a trip to IKEA, it would be quite exciting after my little magnolia tinted world. I did just have a little trip out to the garage as I thought I'd used my last can of emulsion but there was another 5L waiting for me,

Back later!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Managed an extra hour a bybyes this morning which was lovely - just what I needed as I've got yet another bout of "the bug" - Dr says it's viral, so just have to sweat it out - 30747 brings it home from work, as everybody takes their little darlings to the pre-school regardless of what they've got, and it spreads like wildfire - just stick some Calpol down them, and let the staff do the rest once it wears off - wonderful.

Anyway, have made a curry for dinner, and the oven timer's just gone peep, with a lovely smell now, so I'll sign off, and come back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

We just returned from a walk in the woods - so much the better for us being back as night is beginning to fall by now. Sunset'll be in about an hour. Otherwise, the weather's been rather dull and overcast.

I think I'll turn to preparing dinner fairly soon as well. Stuffed bell peppers au gratin will be on the menu for tonight... :)

• RMweb Gold

I've finally been given day release from World of Magnolia. The nice thing about doing the painting is not having to do the cooking so at the moment although everything smells and tastes painty I'm sure the hotpot being prepared will work wonders. The only room that needs painting now is the downstairs loo. Some years ago Aditi had the bright idea of trying out some creative paint techniques (rag rolling etc). The small room got painted crushed strawberry but never got the effects added so now I've got to eradicate all vestiges of deep pink with a few coats of something more neutral. At least it is a small room! Carpets are coming on Thursday so I'm pleased I've almost finished. The weather forecast for Thursday is "very wet" so I won't be putting any furniture outside that day.

Tony

Morning Don and all, quite cool here. (around 19c) but then the suns not around yet. Apart from that not a lot going on around here,but as there was lots of rain last night travelling today is going to be interesting!

Enjoy your day

Trev

Morning All,

Another autumnal morning has dawned here in Hessen. It is quite warm at the moment, around 10°C. I've been in the office since 06:30, but only just got around to posting.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Talivan, Mick - Hopefully nothing will come of it.

I must admit to quite liking visits to Ikea. It gives me an opportunity to look around for suitable shelving and cupboards for the construction of layouts. Plus, they do very good crisps!

Have a good day everyone...

Edited by Robert

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Full set of oktas in place but not leaking at present. At least the colour of the trees is impressive. Now what to do today? Golf or layout wiring? Might be a bit of both I think. Tough job but someone has to do it.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave